PDA

View Full Version : RIP Charlton Heston

AllAboutThe'O'
4/5/2008, 11:18 PM
Moses, Ben-Hur, Planet of the Apes, Soylent Green....RIP to a great actor.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/statement-by-the-family-of-charlton-heston,340484.shtml

SanJoaquinSooner
4/5/2008, 11:26 PM
"Take your stinking paws off of me you damn dirty ape!"

Tailwind
4/5/2008, 11:40 PM
OMG! I thought that man would live forever! RIP Mr Heston.

John Kochtoston
4/6/2008, 02:13 AM
The rich, smoky flavor in the Soylent Green for the next couple of weeks is just cordite. They didn't change the formula.

Frozen Sooner
4/6/2008, 02:38 AM
So NOW we can take his guns?

King Crimson
4/6/2008, 02:42 AM
i'll take Touch of Evil (as the best film he was ever in) and the role of Cardinal Richelieu in the 3 Musketeers as underrated....

just before this goes "political" on Monday.

Flagstaffsooner
4/6/2008, 03:53 AM
Bye Chuck. The Obama Bin Hillary Party is enjoying that you are no longer among us.

yermom
4/6/2008, 04:25 AM

that's what i was thinking :D

Flagstaffsooner
4/6/2008, 05:29 AM
I just thought of something. Chuck meets Moses in Heaven. Moses, being the funny guy that we have known for all these years says, "Chuck, there were 11 not 10."
Now you people tell us what 11 is.

TUSooner
4/6/2008, 07:15 AM
Another giant gone. RIP Mr. Heston.

Sorry for the politics, but:
He was much more than the IRA (I MEAN NRA) guy, and he deserves some respect for not blindly following the Chic Hollywood Left.

He was, like, a really good actor, y'know?

Okla-homey
4/6/2008, 08:09 AM
Another giant gone. RIP Mr. Heston.

Sorry for the politics, but:
He was much more than the IRA guy, and he deserves some respect for not blindly following the Chic Hollywood Left.

He was, like, a really good actor, y'know?

Notwithstanding my esteemed colleague's slightly erroneous assertion above, Mr Heston was not affiliated with any Irish independence groups. ;)

He was, however, an incredibly effective civil rights leader. In fact, the National Rifle Association, est. in 1887, remains the oldest civil rights organization in continuous existence in the world. Under Heston's presidency, membership approximately doubled.

The NRA has but a single goal; to protect the inherent, inalienable and constitutional right of free people* in this country to keep and bear weapons for their own defense.

May God bless Mr Heston and may his family be comforted in this time of grief.

*excluding the mentally incompetent, people with mental health issues and people who have been convicted of violent crimes.

85Sooner
4/6/2008, 08:26 AM
" FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS"

Was actually a Democrat and advocated Gun control until he woke up and sniffed the coffee.

RIP

crawfish
4/6/2008, 09:00 AM
RIP, Mr. Heston.

royalfan5
4/6/2008, 09:21 AM
RIP Mr. Heston. It is always really sad to see a great personality like his get destroyed by Alzheimers.

SoonerStormchaser
4/6/2008, 09:59 AM
So does this mean the Morning Animals won't do anymore Football Firing Lines?

Okla-homey
4/6/2008, 10:25 AM
married 64 years to the bride of his youth. That's incredible by Hollywood standards. I got 38 years to go to catch up. If we both make it to 86.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/6/2008, 11:36 AM
Notwithstanding my esteemed colleague's slightly erroneous assertion above, Mr Heston was not affiliated with any Irish independence groups. ;)

He was, however, an incredibly effective civil rights leader. In fact, the National Rifle Association, est. in 1887, remains the oldest civil rights organization in continuous existence in the world. Under Heston's presidency, membership approximately doubled.

The NRA has but a single goal; to protect the inherent, inalienable and constitutional right of free people* in this country to keep and bear weapons for their own defense.

May God bless Mr Heston and may his family be comforted in this time of grief.

*excluding the mentally incompetent, people with mental health issues and people who have been convicted of violent crimes.Excellent. He was one of the few Tinseltown folks who seem(at least openly) to understand some the things that make our nation great.

bri
4/6/2008, 11:53 AM
i'll take Touch of Evil (as the best film he was ever in) and the role of Cardinal Richelieu in the 3 Musketeers as underrated....

just before this goes "political" on Monday.

Bye Chuck. The Obama Bin Hillary Party is enjoying that you are no longer among us.

Yeah, "Monday" was a bit optimistic, don't ya think?

Scott D
4/6/2008, 12:04 PM
" FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS"

Was actually a Democrat and advocated Gun control until he woke up and sniffed the coffee.

RIP

surprised he didn't die earlier from sniffing coffee...not a recommended practice in my opinion ;)

OklahomaTuba
4/6/2008, 12:54 PM
What a life. Amazing to think the life he lived.

T'was a great American. He will be missed.

And I hope the football firing line continues in his honor.

soonerscuba
4/6/2008, 03:17 PM
RIP to a legendary actor. As for his personal views, I think he was a bit extreme, that said, I have this magic ability to look past the political views of actors and appreciate their craft. Some don't, and that is their loss.

Widescreen
4/6/2008, 03:59 PM
One of the truly great ones gone.

What' are the odds on whether or not George Clooney makes some jackassed comment about him today or tomorrow?

King Crimson
4/6/2008, 07:58 PM
not everyone takes the same ghoulish pleasure in death reduced to "partisan" terms that some do here.

everybody dies. death is not a political device.

olevetonahill
4/6/2008, 08:39 PM

How good a Pry Bar ya Got ?

GottaHavePride
4/6/2008, 08:53 PM
I don't know about you, Froze, but I am NOT about to **** with Zombie Moses.

Too soon?

olevetonahill
4/6/2008, 08:54 PM
I don't know about you, Froze, but I am NOT about to **** with Zombie Moses.

Too soon?

Naw !:D

TUSooner
4/7/2008, 07:49 AM
Notwithstanding my esteemed colleague's slightly erroneous assertion above, Mr Heston was not affiliated with any Irish independence groups. ;) ....
Yeah, well that's what YOU think !! Maybe I knew Chuck (born Seamus FitzCharles O'Heston) a little better than the rest of you. Huh?!

or.... Maybe I can't type and think at the same time. :O :D

4/7/2008, 08:44 AM
He parted the sea like an old sea-parting thing.

God bless 'em.