PDA

View Full Version : Offishul KU vs UNC Thread

Rogue
4/5/2008, 08:05 PM
KU -9
UNC - 6

badger
4/5/2008, 08:15 PM
Sorry, can't watch. NormanPride switched the television to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory - the old version with annoying Charlie :mad:

Blue
4/5/2008, 08:21 PM
Ku looks goood.

Rogue
4/5/2008, 08:21 PM
Wow

Sooner Eclipse
4/5/2008, 08:25 PM
Kansas wants this one bad. 31-10 hawkers

Cam
4/5/2008, 08:27 PM
KU's layin the wood right now. They're making NC look slow.

tulsaoilerfan
4/5/2008, 08:30 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

badger
4/5/2008, 08:31 PM
I looked up the score during an Oompa Loompa thing. Here's all I have to say to UNC:
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/c/3/4/c3469fedbbf3236e93c95627fbfd18f9.gif

Sooner Eclipse
4/5/2008, 08:31 PM
Their gameplan is to beat the living sh** outta hansbrough when he gets it. He's getting owned right now.

Blue
4/5/2008, 08:32 PM
Ku looks goood.

Reeeeeealy Gooood.

http://www.timeout.com/img/14309/w513/image.jpg

Blue
4/5/2008, 08:34 PM
Let me add...I hate Billy Packer. Tha Worst.

Rogue
4/5/2008, 08:34 PM
Yup, 20 fouls to give him. UNC's vulnerability is that they are one dimensional...all offense and all Hansbrough. I didn't really see anyone shutting him down though. Kid will get his points, but he needs some teammates to step up...10 minutes ago.

Blue
4/5/2008, 08:35 PM
UNC did look good that first weekend, but Ku is playing lights out. Almost perfect.

tulsaoilerfan
4/5/2008, 08:37 PM
KU up 28 now; unfreakinreal

Rogue
4/5/2008, 08:37 PM
Gheez! It's like a bad mismatch. The mythical birds are in the zone like I've never seen before.

Rogue
4/5/2008, 08:38 PM
NOT a charge.

OKC-SLC
the refs are trying to make it a game with the bullcrap offensive fouls called on KU

tulsaoilerfan
UNC couldn't throw it in the ocean right now; 8 minutes without a FG

Youngsooner
4/5/2008, 08:39 PM
Kansas looks like they are playing a high school team... wow

Cam
4/5/2008, 08:40 PM
Everybody's POY, Hansbrough(sp), is getting outplayed by a Freshman. Aldredge(sp) is doing a hell of a job tonight.

OKC-SLC
4/5/2008, 08:42 PM
the refs are trying to make it a game with the bullcrap offensive fouls called on KU

and ticky tack stuff on the defensive end.

tulsaoilerfan
4/5/2008, 08:44 PM
Kansas getting sloppy the last 2 minutes; don't let them back in it

Blue
4/5/2008, 08:44 PM
Poor Dickie V. No UNC and UCLA BABY!

OKC-SLC
4/5/2008, 08:50 PM
Kansas getting sloppy the last 2 minutes; don't let them back in it

no kidding.

jkjsooner
4/5/2008, 08:51 PM
Hansbrough better learn to play some defense before going to the NBA. They don't give you those ticky tack charge calls in the league.

MichiganSooner
4/5/2008, 09:13 PM
Since it is halftime, did anyone see Bill Self's pregame talk to the team in the lockerroom? I realize he knew he was on TV but thought it was pretty cool, "just have fun; don't get uptight, blah, blah, blah.

My wife said it's too bad Sean Sutton is not on TV prepping OSU for the final 4 in the locker room and started imitating his typical pregame interview with the radio guys.

"I told our team there can be no mistakes...we can't miss a rebound...we can't take bad shots...we need to make every free throw...we can't afford to foul...this game is on the road and we don't have a chance on the road...we never win a road game...we must not have any turnovers...turnovers will kill us...we need to play tough...the toughest team will win...but no fouls...no mistakes...this is the final 4..."

StormySooner-IN
4/5/2008, 09:17 PM
In.

Dayum:pop:

Newbomb Turk
4/5/2008, 09:27 PM
I get the feeling Carolina is gonna win.

StormySooner-IN
4/5/2008, 09:28 PM
I get the feeling Carolina is gonna win.

Same:(

Rogue
4/5/2008, 09:29 PM
KU refuses to shoot from inside the 3-line. :confused:

Cam
4/5/2008, 09:31 PM
Please tell me KU isn't going to **** this game away.

54-46 KU now with 12 minutes to go.

Very much a tale of two halves.

Rogue
4/5/2008, 09:31 PM
The first game had the HAWT cheerleaders...this game not so much.

Rogue
4/5/2008, 09:32 PM
Wow

Blue
4/5/2008, 09:34 PM
At some point Ku has to pull their head out of their ***. They've been playing too conservative and its biting them in the ***.

Mixer!
4/5/2008, 09:35 PM
Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak

;)

Rogue
4/5/2008, 09:47 PM
KU seems to have stopped the bleeding. Now it's a dogfight.

Blue
4/5/2008, 09:50 PM
74 points wins it.

Rogue
4/5/2008, 09:50 PM
74 points wins it.

?

I'm thinking more like 84

Cam
4/5/2008, 09:56 PM
The lead is back to 12, but that's not a lot with 3 minutes remaining.

badger
4/5/2008, 09:58 PM
Poor Dickie V. No DOOKIES DOOKIES DOOKIES baby!

fixed... and why did the game get so close? I was so bored with the score that I started playing Team Fortress :rolleyes:

kevpks
4/5/2008, 09:59 PM
I never should have picked UNC. I have always hated them. From now on, I will pick based solely on my emotions.

I thought this was supposed to be "the best final 4 ever." The championship game looks good, but I'm sure someone will win that by double digits too.

Sooner Eclipse
4/5/2008, 10:03 PM
I never should have picked UNC. I have always hated them. From now on, I will pick based solely on my emotions.

I don't hate them but there's something i really dislike about hansbrough. Just the stupid look on his face i think. That and he gets the wtf look when he doesn't get the charge call hes always trying to draw.

Rogue
4/5/2008, 10:06 PM
I like Hansbrough and have for 3 years. But the media lovefest has gotten old this year. Seems like a solid guy...the deal on his hometown, Poplar Bluff, MO, was pretty cool.

Rogue
4/5/2008, 10:07 PM
74 points wins it.

You were right!

I was too.

Blue
4/5/2008, 10:07 PM
?

I'm thinking more like 84

We were both wrong. 67 woulda done it.

Blue
4/5/2008, 10:10 PM
I think all 4 teams are solid. I love the fast breaking style. When Memphis, KU, or UNC get hot. Look out.

Should be a great game Monday.

tulsaoilerfan
4/5/2008, 10:11 PM
Bill Self wins the national title then heads to Stoolwater!!!!!:D

badger
4/5/2008, 10:22 PM
Bill Self wins the national title then heads to Stoolwater!!!!!:D

In more OP.com related humor...

if KU blows this lead... self is as good as ours. he wont even go back to lawrence to get his stuff. his family will meet him in stillwater.

If KU blows this lead, screw Self. I don't want him.

This isn't OSU/UT football. This is probably too much to ask of anybody.

But, if they were to blow it.....

You make the call, Boone!

No no, you've got it all wrong. There's a briefcase hovering above the arena with 40 million dollars and a 10-year contract in it. The 4 teams were playing for it.

Bill really wanted it, and made his players play hard for it...but they're tired now. We all know this to be true...you saw the orange cooler in the locker room
:rolleyes:

r5TPsooner
4/5/2008, 10:39 PM
Hell yeah!!!

shaun4411
4/5/2008, 11:12 PM
i am #3 in our group thanks to the final 4. wooo

Blue
4/5/2008, 11:15 PM
Which group?

tommieharris91
4/5/2008, 11:19 PM
OrangePower.com is currently offline for a scheduled software upgrade.

Thanks for stopping by, and please come back soon.

-The OrangePower.com Administration team

This makes me kinda sad.

sooner2b09
4/6/2008, 12:46 AM
I don't hate them but there's something i really dislike about hansbrough. Just the stupid look on his face i think. That and he gets the wtf look when he doesn't get the charge call hes always trying to draw.

I agree 100% He seems like a nice guy and a hard worker but its just something about him that makes me hate him. And the media is absolutely enamored with him witch drives me crazy, I wouldn't have been surprised if Dick Vitale had picked "Phsyco T" to win the whole tournament, not UNC.

bri
4/6/2008, 11:42 AM
Well, my brackets are finally and officially dead.

badger
4/6/2008, 01:03 PM
Well, my brackets are finally and officially dead.

Sorry, bri. I hope my "What the Boone" posts cheer you up :D (I just added one on the Oregon/OSU AD's). I know how much you love Okie State :P

Is Tyler Hansborough the new J.J. Reddick? In the most non anti-gay way possible, I should mention that Duke calls him "F@gsborough," proof that they really are just as stupid and uncreative as all other schools at making fun of rivals and will stoop to the "he's gay!" taunts just like all other schools did with Reddick. This was something Dukies pointed out and admonished fellow schools for, only to do it to Tyler ever since he arrived at UNC's campus.

Granted J.J. never got his team close to NCAA titles. Sure, he got them #1 seedings and ACC tourneys, but never the big prize. Reddick got all the national attention, all the Dickie V lovin' he could handle, but NO TITLES. Plenty of titties from all the fawning Dukie girls, but not t-i-t-l-e-s titles.

And so will be the case with Tyler, Psycho T, ***sborough, who will likely forego his final year for the NBA. He proved to be soft at the wrong moment, even though he may be forever be remembered as the bad@$$ who got up after the petty punch from the Dukie, leaving his pretty face all bloody. Yeah, you know the one I'm talking about.

Anyways, maybe I'm comparing J.J. and Tyler because they're both white, both ACC guys, both players of the year and both ESPN and Dickie V boys. Perhaps they received too much attention for being ESPN, Dickie V, nice guys. Alas, the thing every player wants will have escaped them.

The age old question: What do you give the Big Man on Campus who has everything? Answer: A championship ring.

TopDawg
4/6/2008, 01:26 PM
Anyways, maybe I'm comparing J.J. and Tyler because they're both white, both ACC guys, both players of the year and both ESPN and Dickie V boys. Perhaps they received too much attention for being ESPN, Dickie V, nice guys. Alas, the thing every player wants will have escaped them.

I loved watching Hansbrough get ousted as much as the next guy, but a title is a team thing. Just because neither one of them won a title doesn't mean that people were wrong for focusing attention on them. They were both outstanding college basketball players.

Granted J.J. never got his team close to NCAA titles.

Duke went to the Final Four in 2004. JJ was their leading scorer.

Statalyzer
4/7/2008, 05:07 PM
JJ also pretty much singlehandedly lost Duke the last college game he ever played in. I don't see much in common between the two guys except they were both players of the year, both votes were close and lots of poeple thought [Adam Morrison / Michael Beasley] should have won, and they are both white. All other things staying unchanged, if they were two different ethnicities they wouldn't be getting compared.

Yup, 20 fouls to give him. UNC's vulnerability is that they are one dimensional...all offense and all Hansbrough. I didn't really see anyone shutting him down though. Kid will get his points, but he needs some teammates to step up...10 minutes ago

No kidding. KU was TRIPLE teaming him at times during the first half and the other 4 guys just stood still and watched for the most part.