PDA

View Full Version : Our state makes international headlines again...

Okla-homey
4/5/2008, 07:03 PM
from the place of my birth. Linked on Drudge.

Man accused of stealing pizza pans

Fri Apr 4, 7:03 PM ET

ARDMORE, Okla. - Pan pizzas are flying out the door at a local Pizza Hut restaurant. At least the pans are. Ardmore police say workers at the pizzeria arrived for work Thursday and discovered every pizza pan missing from the restaurant.

While workers borrowed pans to prepare pizzas for the day, police checked out a local scrap metal shop and determined one business paid about $17 for 30 aluminum pans.

The sale led police to arrest Jody Wayne Guinn, 34, who was being held Friday at the Carter County Detention Center on complaints of embezzlement and disposing of stolen property.

Police Capt. Tony Trudell said the pans were recovered undamaged and returned to the restaurant.

The rest of the story: Homey's mom reports the case was cracked because the metal dealer requires a photo ID before handing over payment. This genius, an employee at the restaurant, flipped out his OK DL in order the complete the transaction. The dealer made a photcopy, making it easy for the Ardmore PD.:D

yermom
4/5/2008, 07:10 PM
you don't have to be too bright to sling pizzas ;)

proud gonzo
4/5/2008, 08:03 PM
i'm guessing there in a lot more than $17 worth of trouble. tards

yermom
4/5/2008, 08:04 PM
i'm guessing there in a lot more than $17 worth of trouble. tards

was that English?

Viking Kitten
4/5/2008, 09:17 PM
As an aside, there is a bill afoot in the Lege that would make it a requirement for scrap metal dealers to require photo I.D. I guess the price of copper has gotten so high that people are stealing the copper wrapping from phone cables and selling it.

Don't get any ideas, Yermom. :P

yermom
4/5/2008, 09:31 PM
now that i cook my own meth, i don't have to steal copper from people's air conditioners or out of radio towers

Viking Kitten
4/5/2008, 09:43 PM
And I understand meth makes one less hungry, thus no need to steal pizza pans either.

LoyalFan
4/5/2008, 09:49 PM
was that English?

Pssst...Yermy, over here......(It was Inklich, alright, but THEIR was a slight flaw, probably a factory error. That darned Inspector #23! THERE all ashamed of him at the plant.)
Oh, almost fergitted; The guns will be delivered tonight when Mickey's left hand is on the 11 and his right is on the 6. Have the shrubbery ready, in individual pots, ALL of it!...or the deal's awf.

Password: The Fungo bat is in Toledo.

LoyalFan

GottaHavePride
4/5/2008, 09:52 PM
Oh, and that's what Pizza Hut gets from shifting to aluminum pans instead of the old cast-iron pans.