PDA

View Full Version : Leatherheads...

John Kochtoston
4/4/2008, 10:41 PM
...an excellent movie, featuring a stirring rendition of Boomer Sooner!:D

StoopTroup
4/5/2008, 12:01 PM
I was almost Cloonied out...but I might see this one.

Rogue
4/5/2008, 06:00 PM
I'll check it.

LoyalFan
4/5/2008, 09:54 PM
"Boomer Sooner" you say? Is the "Born...Bred...Dead" included?
If so I'm ordering Orchestra Circle Seats posthaste and forthwith.
If not, I'm going to the Fox and/or Hound and get hammered on Maker's Mark.

LF

Frozen Sooner
4/5/2008, 10:11 PM
I'm guessing that it's "Boola Boola," as one of the characters is a football star from Princeton and he'd have played Harvard.

Maybe.

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/5/2008, 10:54 PM
Boola Boola is Yale.

John Kochtoston
4/5/2008, 10:56 PM
I'm guessing that it's "Boola Boola," as one of the characters is a football star from Princeton and he'd have played Harvard.

Maybe.

Well, it has the "Sooner Born and Sooner Bred, and when I die, I'll be a Sooner dead!" part, IOW the part we stole from North Carolina, along with the part we stole from Yale. :D And it's played at a professional game, as one of the teams' fight songs. It's played by a band, not sung.

My guess is that it was chosen to get around royalty issues, since Boola Boola, the UNC fight song, and Boomer Sooner are all probably old enough to be in the public domain. Probably.

AllAboutThe'O'
4/5/2008, 11:19 PM
Seeing this movie might be on my to-do list tomorrow.

Viking Kitten
4/6/2008, 02:04 AM
Just saw it, I liked it okay, (especially the Boomer Sooner part). Very stylized, going for that 30s, screwball comedy feel with the rapid-fire dialogue and the terse, witty exchanges between the male and female leads. George Clooney is actually a very good director.

Also, there was a trailer for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I got all tingly.

King Crimson
4/6/2008, 02:11 AM
i'm only interested in George Clooney either: 1. saving the world or 2. being the moral conscience of America.

i thought the Edward R. Murrow movie was pretty mediocre. didn't Clooney do that one?

Frozen Sooner
4/6/2008, 02:32 AM
Boola Boola is Yale.

But you have not contradicted anything I said. ;)

Yeah, my mistake.

Viking Kitten
4/6/2008, 02:35 AM
There is a third thing I would be interested in George Clooney doing, but I'd get a red card if I said what that thing was.

I think he did direct Good Night and Good Luck, but I have not yet seen that one.

LoyalFan
4/6/2008, 05:06 AM
Boola Boola is Yale.

Yale Locks! Dey am de best!
Wot's dat? Yale University? Ohhhhhhhh...OK...Yale Rawks!

AllAboutThe'O'
4/6/2008, 05:55 AM
There is a third thing I would be interested in George Clooney doing, but I'd get a red card if I said what that thing was.

I think he did direct Good Night and Good Luck, but I have not yet seen that one.
I haven't seen Good Night and Good Luck either, but Clooney also directed "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind," the biopic about game show impersario/CIA assassin Chuck Barris, which I have seen and own on DVD. Pretty good movie, but then again, being a big game show buff, I had to see it. Also liked Clooney's turn in O Brother Where Art Thou? Anyone who's seen Leatherheads, does it compare to Clooney's role in O Brother?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/6/2008, 08:39 AM

Get in line. :D