PDA

View Full Version : Who comes up with this BS?!?!?!?

SoonerStormchaser
4/4/2008, 09:40 PM
Fri Apr 4, 11:05 AM ET

Having a husband creates an extra seven hours of housework each week for women, according to a new study. For men, tying the knot saves an hour of weekly chores.

"It's a well-known pattern," said lead researcher Frank Stafford, an economist at University of Michigan's Institute for Social Research. "Men tend to work more outside the home, while women take on more of the household labor."

He points out individual differences among households exist. But in general, marriage means more housework for women and less for men. "And the situation gets worse for women when they have children," Stafford said.

Overall, times are a' changing in the American home. In 1976, women busied themselves with 26 weekly hours of sweeping-and-dusting work, compared with 17 hours in 2005. Men are pitching in more, more than doubling their housework hours from six in 1976 to 13 in 2005.

Stafford analyzed time-diaries and questionnaires from a nationally representative sample of men and women over a 10-year period between 1996 and 2005. The federally-funded study showed that, compared with the single life, marriage meant more housework for both men and women.

"Marriage is no longer a man's path to less housework," Stafford said.

Single women in their 20s and 30s did the least housework, about 12 weekly hours, while married women in their 60s and 70s did the most - about 21 hours a week.

Men showed a somewhat different pattern, with older men picking up the broom more often than younger men. Single guys worked the hardest around the house, trumping all age groups of married men.

Having kids boosts house chores even further. With more than three kids, for instance, wives took on more of the extra work, clocking about 28 hours a week compared with husbands' 10 hours.

I beg to differ. Ever since I moved home, I've been doing a ****ton of cooking and cleaning. If anyone's got more work from getting married, it's me!

yermom
4/4/2008, 09:43 PM
Having a husband creates an extra seven hours of housework each week for women, according to a new study. For men, tying the knot saves an hour of weekly chores.

that sounds like they polled someone before and after they got married, but this is just surveys of single and married people of different ages.

i wish i got paid to come up with dumb conclusions from surveys

royalfan5
4/4/2008, 09:46 PM
When I visit my Grandma, she has me do some household chores for her, so I imagine it's like that for you, but on a continual basis.

olevetonahill
4/4/2008, 09:47 PM
Yer pwnd by the Old bitch
nuff said

SicEmBaylor
4/5/2008, 02:13 AM
When I visit my Grandma, she has me do some household chores for her, so I imagine it's like that for you, but on a continual basis.

Why? She already has SSC to do that stuff. Tell him I said, "hello" next time you're over there.

Jerk
4/5/2008, 11:17 AM
2 years ago I was making more on my weekly checks then my wife was making on her bi-monthly checks. I was working 60 hours a week and she ... eh..not so much.

Life was good back then.

Now she makes about as much as I do so I am expected to do a lot more. :mad: