PDA

View Full Version : I need to be inspired...

tommieharris91
4/4/2008, 02:16 PM
...on a good first date idea in the Norman/OKC area for tomorrow night. I'd prefer to keep it fairly cheap (~$50), and I ain't takin her to the stupid freakshow faire this weekend.

Partial Qualifier
4/4/2008, 02:24 PM
Are the canal boats in service yet? Dinner in Bricktown & a canal ride can be had for ~$50.

Avoid going to the movies on a first date.

Mjcpr
4/4/2008, 02:25 PM
I don't think he'll be getting a canal ride for a $50 dinner.

StoopTroup
4/4/2008, 02:37 PM
True dat.

JohnnyMack
Buy a bottle of tequila and ask her if she just wants to skip all the formalities, go back to your place and screw.

Partial Qualifier
:D

StoopTroup
4/4/2008, 02:38 PM
50-15= a $35 dollar savings. :D

Jimminy Crimson
4/4/2008, 02:38 PM
Bowling at RedPin will cost you about $50 for an hour of bowling, but it's a good time and the beyonce will probably like it.

There's always Night Trips! Each of you can get a lap dance and after that and your cover charge, you'll have $4 to blow on the tip rail, or you can share a beer with her. ;)

tommieharris91
4/4/2008, 02:51 PM
NightTrips it is! :D

Viking Kitten
4/4/2008, 02:56 PM
Avoid going to the movies on a first date.

Au contraire. I think movies are a good first date. It helps with that whole struggling to find things to talk about with someone you may not know very well yet. Then you have a built-in discussion topic when the movie is over. You can discover if you have similar tastes. If the person starts laughing maniacally during a touching death bed scene, you know you've got a crazy on your hands.

And since you included Norman, you could check out the new Warren Theatre opening in Moore this weekend. All Art Deco looking, plus there's a bar. The downside is that there doesn't seem to be one single movie worth a damn playing this weekend.

tommieharris91
4/4/2008, 03:24 PM
Meh, I've known this gal for about 2 months now. I haven't had too much trouble talkin to her.

Anyway, I was kinda wonderin if there was anything in Bricktown other than the ferry ride. It sounds kinda fun to me.

Jimminy Crimson
4/4/2008, 04:37 PM
You could catch a film at the OKCMOA. Saturday, they're showing the 1924 version of Peter Pan. It's a good 'artsy' date, and you could walk to Trattoria Il Centro for some appetizers and wine after/before.

With the weather this weekend being nice, you could check out the zoo if it's an earlier date and then grab a bite to eat at Deep Deuce B&G.

Remington Park is kinda fun, just pick some crazy horse names (or for her, the pretty silks), plop a couple bucks down and drink some beer while you watch the ponies. You can also play some slots if that's your thing.

Karaoke is always a good time. Each of you are required to do a solo and then do a duet together. Worth some laughs, regardless of your singing proficiency.

There's also a lot going on this weekend with the Redbud Classic. www.redbud.org Pasta on the Pond (@ Waterford) might be an idea and cheap, too.

silverwheels
4/4/2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah, definitely Night Trips.

shaun4411
4/4/2008, 04:42 PM
is she hot? if yes, and it doesnt work out between you two, give me her number.

GottaHavePride
4/4/2008, 08:04 PM
And since you included Norman, you could check out the new Warren Theatre opening in Moore this weekend.

THIS WEEKEND???!!?!?!?!!!

Seriosuly, Bill Warren will do his best to run every other movie theater in the area out of business with that thing. He's got no competition in the OKC/Norman area. None.

olevetonahill
4/4/2008, 08:15 PM
Fer 50 bucks you can give her 2 shots Of the olevet Kitchen juice .
And Have your way
just sayin:cool:

Big Red Ron
4/4/2008, 08:17 PM
Dinner, a bottle of wine and a blanket by the duck pond.

SoonerInKCMO
4/4/2008, 08:24 PM
Bowling at RedPin will cost you about $50 for an hour of bowling, but it's a good time and the beyonce will probably like it.

There's always Night Trips! Each of you can get a lap dance and after that and your cover charge, you'll have $4 to blow on the tip rail, or you can share a beer with her. ;)

What's sad is that I read this and realized they must have raised the cover charge. :O