PDA

View Full Version : Office Field Trip

M
4/4/2008, 11:09 AM
Today my boss announced that she is taking my department on a lunch hour "field trip." We are going to visit a paper supply company. To prevent me from slowly killing myself by slicing myself with paper cuts, please humor me with some ways I can maintain my sanity during this outing.

Dunder Mifflin references are most welcome.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g258/DixieChickMissy/officecast.jpg

crawfish
4/4/2008, 11:18 AM
Is she buying lunch? If so, I wouldn't complain.

Turd_Ferguson
4/4/2008, 11:21 AM
Whats the guy in the very front ****ed off about?

M
4/4/2008, 11:22 AM
Is she buying lunch? If so, I wouldn't complain.

Most likely, no. :mad:

Melo
4/4/2008, 11:36 AM
Didnt you talk awhile back about text messaging her?
Text her the whole time.

bri
4/4/2008, 11:36 AM
Make a bunch of off-color "ream" jokes.

shaun4411
4/4/2008, 11:44 AM
umm, be happy youre getting paid to do nothing?

Viking Kitten
4/4/2008, 11:47 AM
Feign sobriety while asking a relevant question. Convince yourself you actually sound like you are on top of the all this "paper" stuff. Then quickly excuse yourself to go barf. Come back and ask another relevant question.

frankensooner
4/4/2008, 12:05 PM
I so am glad my exorbitant bar dues are being put to good use. My wife got her nursing license bill this week. $75 bucks for 2 years. ;) They get a publication too, so don't spring that excuse on me. ;)

OUDoc
4/4/2008, 12:17 PM
A paper supply company? Someone told me M was an adult. :confused:

crawfish
4/4/2008, 12:45 PM
Most likely, no. :mad:

That sucks.

It's an odd day at my office when there isn't some leftovers from a company-purchased lunch in the break room. Today, it's sandwiches, chips and cookies. :)

crawfish
4/4/2008, 12:46 PM
A paper supply company? Someone told me M was an adult. :confused:

She's in one of those "special" jobs they give to OSU grads. :texan:

M
4/4/2008, 02:15 PM
That sucks.

It's an odd day at my office when there isn't some leftovers from a company-purchased lunch in the break room. Today, it's sandwiches, chips and cookies. :)

Well, you must work for an organization that doesn't consider you a second-class citizen!

Field trip went as expected, and I'm out $13 from lunch.

Jimminy Crimson
4/4/2008, 02:35 PM
Well, you must work for an organization that doesn't consider you an aggy!

:pop:

StoopTroup
4/4/2008, 02:40 PM
What did you learn?

M
4/4/2008, 02:56 PM
What did you learn?

We learned how some paper is thicker than others. See? This one carries a heavier weight.

Some paper is shiny. Some paper is colored. Some paper is textured.

It was exciting as it sounds. :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
4/4/2008, 02:59 PM
BTW...I found this information on the internet.

Paper Types (http://glossary.ippaper.com/default.asp?req=knowledge/article/235)

I didn't have to take a field trip...buy my own lunch or hang out with my boss.

Your Boss should probably be fired for wasting Company resources.

YWIA

:D :pop:

Viking Kitten
4/4/2008, 03:01 PM
We learned how some paper is thicker than others. See? This one carries a heavier weight.

Some paper is shiny. Some paper is colored. Some paper is textured.

It was exciting as it sounds. :rolleyes:

But... but... HOW DO I MAIL IT??? I MIGHT NEED TO BUY AN ENVELOPE!!!1 WHAT DO I DO????

crawfish
4/4/2008, 03:07 PM
Well, you must work for an organization that doesn't consider you a second-class citizen!

Field trip went as expected, and I'm out $13 from lunch.

Did I mention that, normally, I'm just getting the stuff that wasn't eaten by some other group for a lunch meeting? :)

I think you need to send your experience to Scott Adams. That is frickin' unbelievable.

sooner_born_1960
4/4/2008, 03:07 PM
Can I get some shiny, colored paper with texture? In heavier weight?

M
4/4/2008, 03:08 PM
But... but... HOW DO I MAIL IT??? I MIGHT NEED TO BUY AN ENVELOPE!!!1 WHAT DO I DO????

In this case, you weigh the consequences of internal meltdown vs. whacking your boss' head off. ;)

silverwheels
4/4/2008, 03:27 PM
Limitless paper in a paperless world.

OUDoc
4/4/2008, 03:42 PM
Did they discuss liquid paper or is that an advanced lecture?

M
4/4/2008, 03:51 PM
Did they discuss liquid paper or is that an advanced lecture?

Sadly, my boss probably doesn't know about this "technology" and won't start using it until about 4 years from now.

Okla-homey
4/4/2008, 07:17 PM
perhaps if you guys sold more ads...and had nekkid pitchers, and soduku, and crossword puzzles, and maybe zodiac stuff. Oooh, and a gossip column about who's doing who. You know, made it something people might actually look at instead of dropping it in the stack on the coffee table in their reception area as soon as it arrives in the mail.;)

GottaHavePride
4/4/2008, 08:18 PM
M, your location is an oxymoron. You can NEVER be too far from Stillwater. :D

bluedogok
4/4/2008, 08:59 PM
That sucks.

We usually have reps that drop off food at least a couple of times a week and we usually have a lunch or two during the week from them.

We did have the "neighbors" down the hall (patent attorneys) bring some Einstein Brothers bagels and KK Doughnut Holes the other morning as a "welcome to the neighborhood" greeting since we moved into the building last week. It is a new building and we are the only two on the floor and there are only two other tenants in the office portion (3 floors, first floor retail).

soonerboomer93
4/5/2008, 01:05 AM
did you quiz them on rolling papers, and which is best in different circumstances

(i.e, high humidity, sneaking on an airplane, outdoor use only)

if not, i'm sad...

Turd_Ferguson
4/5/2008, 04:43 AM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g258/DixieChickMissy/officecast.jpg
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/7125/confusedpetefv7.jpg
Co-inky-dink? I think not:D

BudSooner
4/5/2008, 06:40 AM
Ask if Mr Bennett is there, you have a question for him.
If that doesn't work, just ask to see the vault downstairs..where they keep the brain/playing cards and that neato vial of the worlds deadliest virus.

Mixer!
4/5/2008, 10:15 AM
In this case, you weigh the consequences of internal meltdown vs. whacking your boss off. ;)
:eek: