PDA

View Full Version : Interesting read

Sooner_Havok
4/3/2008, 06:19 PM
about the high price of fuel. He does bring up some good points, but I think he misses a few points too.

There is no Gas Shortage (http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/apr2008/bw2008041_945564.htm)

tommieharris91
4/4/2008, 12:39 AM
Bump because I haven't seen this yet.

Sooner_Havok
4/4/2008, 12:44 AM
I thought he made some sense

tommieharris91
4/4/2008, 12:47 AM
And as good as this article was, this paragraph couldn't be more off the mark.

This is what they call "Republican Prosperity?" Ronald Reagan was both right and wrong when he said, "Government is not the solution, government is the problem." And government is still the problem. Instead of a fair and open market they gave us a free-for-all marketplace with no regulations at all, which lately these "bubble boys" have sent south for all of us.

I don't get his point here. Government is the problem, but they should step in and regulate gasoline prices? :confused: Truly open markets don't have regulations.

I do think the price of gasoline is getting out of hand, and unless those prices fall, this recession could only deepen or maybe even turn into a depression. I think it is becoming completely disgusting that the price of gasoline really only moves in one direction, especially when it shouldn't move in that direction.

Sooner_Havok
4/4/2008, 12:55 AM
And as good as this article was, this paragraph couldn't be more off the mark.

I don't get his point here. Government is the problem, but they should step in and regulate gasoline prices? :confused: Truly open markets don't have regulations.

That is the point I thought he missed