oupride
4/2/2008, 06:38 PM
What was his decision? Anybody?

birddog
4/2/2008, 07:12 PM
committed to the sooners.

OUcharlie
4/2/2008, 09:09 PM
The 6'0, 190 safety out of Lawton, OK (MacArthur HS) commited to OU on April 2nd, 2008.

Ground_Attack
4/2/2008, 09:25 PM
what is the scoop on this kid. I don't know much about him.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/2/2008, 09:29 PM
Scout has 3 of our commits unrated, or 1 star, for what it's worth. He is one of these kids.

Rhino
4/2/2008, 09:52 PM
Ratings aren't worth anything right now.

4/2/2008, 09:59 PM
Ratings aren't worth anything right now.I would have guessed that. But, why is it we have 2 kids that ARE rated, one a 3 star, and the other a 4 star?(while the other 3 are basically not rated)

goingoneight
4/3/2008, 01:41 AM
He wears teh Duck uniform in HS.

Good thing we're making an honest man outta him. :D

Rhino
4/3/2008, 01:52 AM
I would have guessed that. But, why is it we have 2 kids that ARE rated, one a 3 star, and the other a 4 star?(while the other 3 are basically not rated) 1. Scout's rankings are crap, no matter when they rank them.

2. Rankings are usually adjusted as a recruit gets offers. The bigger the school, the higher the ranking goes.

3. A lot of juniors will be attending camps this summer at schools and elsewhere that help the ranking 'experts' determine rankings.

4. It's entirely too early to be concerned about where a recruit is ranked.

CU Sooner
4/3/2008, 10:17 AM
We have had good luck with kids out of lawton. It used ot always have a lot of good talent. Most recently I think of Perkins and Birdine. I can't really think of a bust from there but I'm sure someone can find one for me.:O

The Consumate Showman
4/3/2008, 12:16 PM
Here's a little story on ranking that can give some perspective...

Current Sooner OL, Alex Williams was on the preliminary rivals100 list as a junior going into his senior year. I know that Katrina happened as well that was probably a stress on him; nevertheless, he wound up a three star ranked as the #54 player at OT.

snp
4/3/2008, 12:18 PM
Ratings aren't worth anything right now.

This quote is worth reading again.

soonerguild
4/3/2008, 03:41 PM
My whole thought is that bob and company know what they are doing. I think some of this is bob evolving as a college recruiter. I think he feels like if he finds a unpolished athlete out of Oklahoma, he will take him and make him great, while the whole time the kid is humble and loves being here. I think the whole bomar thing really made bob think about his recruiting style. Not saying we aren't going after the prime timers, but just the ones that aren't cocky a$%hats.

4/3/2008, 04:13 PM
My whole thought is that bob and company know what they are doing. I think some of this is bob evolving as a college recruiter. I think he feels like if he finds a unpolished athlete out of Oklahoma, he will take him and make him great, while the whole time the kid is humble and loves being here. I think the whole bomar thing really made bob think about his recruiting style. Not saying we aren't going after the prime timers, but just the ones that aren't cocky a$%hats.Good post, but mostly, GREAT SIG.!

OU-HSV
4/3/2008, 08:43 PM
My whole thought is that bob and company know what they are doing. I think some of this is bob evolving as a college recruiter. I think he feels like if he finds a unpolished athlete out of Oklahoma, he will take him and make him great, while the whole time the kid is humble and loves being here. I think the whole bomar thing really made bob think about his recruiting style. Not saying we aren't going after the prime timers, but just the ones that aren't cocky a$%hats.

I agree, I think that's part of what he's doing.
I found it a little odd that they're calling him a safety and we apparently recruited him as a safety, but every play in his highlight reel is on offense. Looks like he could be a helluva weapon at WR. However I know that happens a lot, they take a player from one side of the ball and make them studs on the other side of the ball.
And as you said, the coaches know what they're doing, that's why they make the big bucks.

NorthernIowaSooner
4/4/2008, 08:02 PM
i think after some classes that were highly regarded, after other classes that were highly regarded, he might be looking to plug in role players that will be good rather then highly ranked, rather then prima donna kids. id take these kids to fill the gaps with good ol gumption and want to rather then kids that think high school earns them a starting job. these kids might be like the kids we talk about from from the 2000 championship, just good kids with things to prove

ALXMAC
4/4/2008, 09:01 PM
where is a link to his highlight reel? oh yeah; I also went to MacArthur High School (along with 1st Rd draft pick Jamaal Brown). Wolfe is also from L-town and was recruited as a RB before switching (somewhat successfully) to Defense.......

4/4/2008, 10:35 PM
where is a link to his highlight reel? oh yeah; I also went to MacArthur High School (along with 1st Rd draft pick Jamaal Brown). Wolfe is also from L-town and was recruited as a RB before switching (somewhat successfully) to Defense.......Welcome to Soonerfans.com!

OU-HSV
4/4/2008, 11:13 PM
where is a link to his highlight reel? oh yeah; I also went to MacArthur High School (along with 1st Rd draft pick Jamaal Brown). Wolfe is also from L-town and was recruited as a RB before switching (somewhat successfully) to Defense.......

Welcome.
Here's the link to his bio page, you can click the video/highlight reel link. It will let you view it once free.
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=80204&sport=1

ALXMAC
4/6/2008, 01:08 PM
Thanks! also as a side note Harris high school coach Earnie Manning coached Zach Thomas at Pampa, TX. Not really insight, just a factoid that I remembered....

soonerfan28
4/6/2008, 10:26 PM
It may just be me but the dude seems to look like Reggie Smith in the photo.