PDA

View Full Version : Pete Futiak - Who plays for it all

IowaSooner26
4/2/2008, 09:18 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7961874/20-Questions:-Time-to-unveil-BCS-matchups

I think that Oklahoma - Georgia would be an awesome game but I'm kinda thinking he has it in the wrong place. I mean a lot of people are writing us off considering that we lost some big time playmakers but they make it seem like MU lost absolutly no one and everyone is hanging from their :twinkies: right now. Unfortunately I think that what happened last year to them will probably happen again this year.

Now for my question. How on earth could he possibly think that Ohio State will get ANOTHER shot at proving that a team that plays purely pasties (minus USC but mind you I don't think this is the early 2000 USC teams) including their entire conference schedule can actually keep up with a team that played at least some competition throughout the year. I personally would love to show up against them and take them out behind the woodshed for the crap we have had as a postseaon the last two years.

bri
4/2/2008, 10:30 AM
And I'm sure there's Ohio State fans who are saying the same thing about taking us behind the woodshed to feel better about their last couple of bowl performances. Glass houses, fella.

Right now, the only teams we have any right to talk crap about are the ones who didn't even get to play in bowl games. :D

IowaSooner26
4/2/2008, 10:40 AM
True however am I the only one that thinks that having Ohio State in the MNC for three years in a row especially after what happened the last two years is a bad idea? I mean I know you can't really base this years team off of last years unless every single starter for every single team was returning but it seems like that is just begging the fans to rally for a playoff isn't it? Especially considering that there one game against a top 25 team last year was a loss at home. With a schedule like that you better demolish everything in your path if you want to be taken seriously at the end of the year. And I'm not just speaking of Ohio State at this point that goes for every team in the nation.

Bourbon St Sooner
4/2/2008, 10:43 AM
eh, I'll still talk 6 of 8 to any horn fans that come over.

As for the NC game, I'll believe we can get there when we actually do. Last year we should have been there whupping Ohio State, but weren't because of playing so crappy in that 4th quarter (and game) against Colorado.

sooner518
4/2/2008, 10:45 AM
"pasties" ??? :D

bri
4/2/2008, 10:55 AM
As for the NC game, I'll believe we can get there when we actually do. Last year we could have been there playing Ohio State, but weren't because of getting run out of the stadium by Tech.

Fixed. :D

birddog
4/2/2008, 11:00 AM
when you play in the big 10 you have a great chance to play in the mnc every year. play four directional schools and get your conference wins and your in. of course they'll ruin their chance with that formula this year when the play usc.

TUSooner
4/2/2008, 11:08 AM
And I'm sure there's Ohio State fans who are saying the same thing about taking us behind the woodshed to feel better about their last couple of bowl performances. Glass houses, fella....

I'm not sure that kind of talk is appropriate around here,

because it's too painful and true.
:(

bri
4/2/2008, 11:08 AM
Exactly. And then USC vaults into the number one or two slot and we can stop bashing how soft the Big 10 is and go back to hating on the Pac-10. :D

IowaSooner26
4/2/2008, 11:23 AM
Exactly. And then USC vaults into the number one or two slot and we can stop bashing how soft the Big 10 is and go back to hating on the Pac-10. :D

We can always hate on the pac-10 though because of the Oregon fiasco.

bri
4/2/2008, 11:31 AM
Well, obsessive people who can't let trivial things go can. The rest of us moved on with our lives and like to stay current.

IowaSooner26
4/2/2008, 11:33 AM
Oh trust me I moved on moments after the game was over but that doesn't mean that it still didn't happen. :D

bri
4/2/2008, 11:54 AM
If you're still using it as a basis to dislike ten schools, nine of which weren't even involved in the game, then you fail at moving on. :D

Bourbon St Sooner
4/2/2008, 12:37 PM
Fixed. :D

Well, yeah, but I like the convenient excuses of having our QB knocked out and blaming Kevin Wilson for not running the ball for that game;)

IowaSooner26
4/2/2008, 12:45 PM
I don't dislike 10 schools from the pac-10, hell I don't even pay any attention to seven of them. I don't really have a problem with Arizona since Stoops is there. In fact I tend to root for them as long as they aren't playing OU. Oregon I'm not a huge fan of them because of the incident but when they play teams such as Michigan last year I was pulling for them the entire way and up until we needed them to lose since they were definately a fun team to watch. And well I'm not even going to go into USC because we all think the same of them.

TUSooner
4/2/2008, 02:36 PM
Still, OUr own hideous BCS collapses aside, I would HATE to see OhSO get in the big game again. If they did, I'd have to hope they got their chickeny butts handed to them AGAIN (even by an SEC team). But wait, USC will clobber OhSU and, unless there's a bizarre bunch of upsets like last season, OhSU will be on the outs (I hope).