PDA

View Full Version : Littering

Hot Rod
4/2/2008, 07:14 AM
On the way home yesterday, I pull into my neighborhood behind a fellow car. As we turn one of the corners, I see the car slow down a little and I guess she decided that she didn't need her cup lid and straw and decides to throw out the window. Less than 30 seconds later she pulls into her drive a few blocks away. Have we become so lazy that we can't throw anything away anymore, but rather just dump it on the street?

crawfish
4/2/2008, 07:19 AM
You should've gone back, picked it up, and threw it on her lawn.

4/2/2008, 07:20 AM
Don't lay that trash on Oklahoma!

I've never been a huge fan of litter, though as a teen I was known to hit a traffic sign with a glass bottle a time or two.

Kids, don't try this at home.

VeeJay
4/2/2008, 07:34 AM
Did Lady Asshat move to Oklahoma?? :eek:

SoonerTerry
4/2/2008, 07:48 AM
paper bag

big ole hefty crap

fire

her porch

do it!!

Turd_Ferguson
4/2/2008, 07:58 AM
paper bag

big ole hefty crap

fire

her porch

do it!!

Soak bag in WD-40 for even grander effect.
Note: vasoline on eyebrow's reduces the chance of self inflicted wounds.

achiro
4/2/2008, 08:07 AM
You should've gone back, picked it up, and threw it on her lawn.

Not to late for this one.

sooneron
4/2/2008, 08:16 AM
I saw a pair of obese KS chicks driving up i-35 one time and they decided they were finished with their Mickey D's garbage. I pulled past them shot them the bird then called the OHP and gave them their license plate, that way, if they have any excuse to pull them over, they will. Hopefully.

Curly Bill
4/2/2008, 09:26 AM
How about leaving it under her windshield wiper? You could even leave a little note if you'd like.

If the cars in the garage you could leave it wedged in the front door, again with a friendly little note if you'd like to do so.

...or you could ring the doorbell and offer it back to her with the explanation that she must have accidentaly dropped it, because surely she wouldn't be one of those people that litter.

Pricetag
4/2/2008, 09:32 AM
The absolute worst of all litter bugs are the cigarette butt throwers. It just blows my mind that these folks don't feel the need to clean up after their habit, and that they are so toughtless as to throw a live flame out there with no concern over where it ends up or what it might start. Morons.

Turd_Ferguson
4/2/2008, 09:38 AM
and the jackhole that dumps his ashtray at the entrance to my addition every week:mad:

Norman Sooner
4/2/2008, 11:12 AM
Sadly, my wife is one that feels the need to litter out the car window. Its been the source of many fights..Al my trash goes to the floor of my car and then on Wednesday and saturdays i clean out my car. I think i have a good process going but my wife continues to **** me off by throwing her trash out the window..I think im gonna adopt a mile and drive her out there every saturday and make her pick up trash..

shaun4411
4/2/2008, 12:09 PM
littering is bad.

shaun4411
4/2/2008, 07:36 PM
How about leaving it under her windshield wiper? You could even leave a little note if you'd like.

If the cars in the garage you could leave it wedged in the front door, again with a friendly little note if you'd like to do so.

...or you could ring the doorbell and offer it back to her with the explanation that she must have accidentaly dropped it, because surely she wouldn't be one of those people that litter.

i like number 3. and it would be a nice way to see a stupid "uhhh" face.

i think littering speaks a lot about a person's character.

OU-HSV
4/2/2008, 07:58 PM
I agree littering is stupid and lazy. What's the point in it? It's not like it's hard to throw it away when you get home. Idiots.

Sadly, my wife is one that feels the need to litter out the car window. Its been the source of many fights..Al my trash goes to the floor of my car and then on Wednesday and saturdays i clean out my car. I think i have a good process going but my wife continues to **** me off by throwing her trash out the window..I think im gonna adopt a mile and drive her out there every saturday and make her pick up trash..

Child lock her windows, that ought to do the trick.

4/2/2008, 08:21 PM

Dude, I lived in Newcastle for a few years on Country Club Road. Was your wife the one throwing trash on my east lawn several times a week?

Littering is a FLAW. Anyone who does it is either clueless, impaired or very inconsiderate. I don't care if it is a ditch or a lawn... SOMEONE is going to have to pick that crap up.

The only thing I've thrown out of my window in the last 25 years are banana peels and Copenhagen spit. Please show her it isn't necessary to toss ugly trash out the window. Hell, I've driven through carwashes and sonics just to empty the car.

Sorry for the rant, but I just don't get it. I hope she changes her habit.

C&CDean
4/2/2008, 08:35 PM
Dude, I lived in Newcastle for a few years on Country Club Road. Was your wife the one throwing trash on my east lawn several times a week?

Littering is a FLAW. Anyone who does it is either clueless, impaired or very inconsiderate. I don't care if it is a ditch or a lawn... SOMEONE is going to have to pick that crap up.

The only thing I've thrown out of my window in the last 25 years are banana peels and Copenhagen spit. Please show her it isn't necessary to toss ugly trash out the window. Hell, I've driven through carwashes and sonics just to empty the car.

Sorry for the rant, but I just don't get it. I hope she changes her habit.

That's a rant?

Here's the deal on the whole littering thing.

I hate me a litterbug like I hate me a tick dug deep into my nutsack. Someone littering in my presence will cause me to do **** I would not normally ever do. My wife and kids cringe when somebody throws some **** out their window in front of me. I will pull up, roll down the window and go "hey you no good ****ing piece of ****, what the hell is wrong with you, your momma didn't give you no home training?" And from there, it goes downhill fast.

You can call my wife a slut, you can call me a POS hillbilly, and you can paddle my kids within an inch of their life and I'm pretty much good with it. You throw your ****ing Sonic cup out the window in front of my place, and I catch you doing it, let's just suffice it to say you won't be throwing anything out your car window for at least 6-weeks, or until they remove the cast from your ****ing arm.

I pick up about a hundred pounds of trash a year down the frontage of my property. Keystone Light (**** you you POS toothless litterbug), Coors light (**** you you POS teenybopper), Natty Light (**** you you POS olevet wannabe), and more Bud and Bud lite cans and bottles than you can count. Sonic and McDonalds wrappers. Every once in a while, a whole bag of somebody's household trash. I go through it, and if I find an address, I carry it, and a couple bags of my trash and go dump them on the POS litterbug's front porch.

I hate me a litterbug. Bad. Really, really bad.

olevetonahill
4/2/2008, 08:37 PM
Why Yall hate givin the prisoners something to do ?

shaun4411
4/2/2008, 08:37 PM
just shows a complete lack of respect

Sooner_Havok
4/2/2008, 08:50 PM
Does spitting your gum out the window constitute littering?

shaun4411
4/2/2008, 08:59 PM
only if it isnt biodegradable.

Sooner_Havok
4/2/2008, 09:28 PM
well, is orbitz gum bio-whatever?

4/2/2008, 09:47 PM
I think it biodegrades unless you spit it where people have to walk.

Then, it makes you rot in hell.

Sooner_Havok
4/2/2008, 09:48 PM
I think it biodegrades unless you spit it where people have to walk.

Then, it makes you rot in hell.

I usually spits it while on teh interstate. If I ain't driving, I spits in teh grasses.

What is teh verdict?

4/2/2008, 09:53 PM
I think grass is acceptable. Hang on, let me ask teh Lord...

Sooner_Havok
4/2/2008, 09:54 PM
I think grass is acceptable. Hang on, let me ask teh Ceiling Cat...

iz K, I wate

4/2/2008, 09:57 PM
"As long as it is more than 15 inches from the sidewalk in a place where people don't normally walk, you will enjoy the riches of Heaven."

so sayeth teh Lord.

Sooner_Havok
4/2/2008, 09:58 PM
So, by spitting it square in the center of someone's front yard I am cool? Word!

Frozen Sooner
4/2/2008, 10:03 PM
You can call my wife a slut, you can call me a POS hillbilly,

Your wife is a slut and you're a POS hillbilly.

What do I win?

(Dean's wife is not a slut. Dean is a hillbilly, though not a POS one.) ;)

GottaHavePride
4/2/2008, 10:05 PM
Littering and? Littering aaaaaand?

Sooner_Havok
4/2/2008, 10:06 PM
Littering and? Littering aaaaaand?

smoking the reefer!

What do I win?:D

Turd_Ferguson
4/2/2008, 10:09 PM
whats that candy wrapper doin there...don't ya see it? well pick it up!!!

GottaHavePride
4/2/2008, 10:11 PM
zCxcU-kPwho

GottaHavePride
4/2/2008, 10:13 PM
Jln8RBjZFiw

Sooner_Havok
4/2/2008, 10:16 PM
Does this look like spit to you?

Turd_Ferguson
4/2/2008, 10:22 PM
Pick up that blood!

Frozen Sooner
4/2/2008, 10:28 PM
The absolute worst of all litter bugs are the cigarette butt throwers. It just blows my mind that these folks don't feel the need to clean up after their habit, and that they are so toughtless as to throw a live flame out there with no concern over where it ends up or what it might start. Morons.

QFT.

Then again, smokers don't generally seem to care that much about ****ing up everyone else's environment, so why be surprised that they litter as well?

Fraggle145
4/2/2008, 11:59 PM
That's a rant?

Here's the deal on the whole littering thing.

I hate me a litterbug like I hate me a tick dug deep into my nutsack. Someone littering in my presence will cause me to do **** I would not normally ever do. My wife and kids cringe when somebody throws some **** out their window in front of me. I will pull up, roll down the window and go "hey you no good ****ing piece of ****, what the hell is wrong with you, your momma didn't give you no home training?" And from there, it goes downhill fast.

You can call my wife a slut, you can call me a POS hillbilly, and you can paddle my kids within an inch of their life and I'm pretty much good with it. You throw your ****ing Sonic cup out the window in front of my place, and I catch you doing it, let's just suffice it to say you won't be throwing anything out your car window for at least 6-weeks, or until they remove the cast from your ****ing arm.

I pick up about a hundred pounds of trash a year down the frontage of my property. Keystone Light (**** you you POS toothless litterbug), Coors light (**** you you POS teenybopper), Natty Light (**** you you POS olevet wannabe), and more Bud and Bud lite cans and bottles than you can count. Sonic and McDonalds wrappers. Every once in a while, a whole bag of somebody's household trash. I go through it, and if I find an address, I carry it, and a couple bags of my trash and go dump them on the POS litterbug's front porch.

I hate me a litterbug. Bad. Really, really bad.

as per usual. Dean wins. :D

proud gonzo
4/3/2008, 12:59 AM
smoking the reefer!

What do I win?:Dsnozberries, obviously

Sooner_Havok
4/3/2008, 01:10 AM
snozberries, obviously

Do they taste like snozberries?

soonerboomer93
4/3/2008, 01:14 AM
Your wife is a slut and you're a POS hillbilly.

What do I win?

(Dean's wife is not a slut. Dean is a hillbilly, though not a POS one.) ;)

a swift kick to the junk next time you show up at a tailgate?

Turd_Ferguson
4/3/2008, 01:14 AM
Is snoz's anything like dingles?

soonerboomer93
4/3/2008, 01:18 AM
QFT.

Then again, smokers don't generally seem to care that much about ****ing up everyone else's environment, so why be surprised that they litter as well?

normally i'm aiming for the **** head who's tail gating me if I flick it out my sunroof

of course, if **** heads wouldn't be such adamant non-smoking nazi's they wouldn't **** off the people like me who you know, try to avoid area's non-smokers are walking and always dispose of his butts properly. Of course, it's so kind that they no longer include ashtrays in cars since you know, they're such an inconvenience to non-smokers.

goingoneight
4/3/2008, 01:43 AM
Don't lay that trash on Oklahoma!

I've never been a huge fan of litter, though as a teen I was known to hit a traffic sign with a glass bottle a time or two.

Kids, don't try this at home.

Definitely try it on the road, where street signs are accessible. :pop:

goingoneight
4/3/2008, 01:49 AM
oh, and FWIW...

I hates me some litterbugz, too. Last time I saw soem dood toss his Mickey D's bag on the ground I tild him to "****in' pick that back up and throw it away! Dumbass."

Frozen Sooner
4/3/2008, 02:00 AM
normally i'm aiming for the **** head who's tail gating me if I flick it out my sunroof

of course, if **** heads wouldn't be such adamant non-smoking nazi's they wouldn't **** off the people like me who you know, try to avoid area's non-smokers are walking and always dispose of his butts properly. Of course, it's so kind that they no longer include ashtrays in cars since you know, they're such an inconvenience to non-smokers.

Yeah, you're right. The automotive industry should go ahead and include something on every car so that the like the 5% of the population who still willingly sticks that crap in their mouth and sets it on fire won't litter.

Because, you know, buying an ashtray for your car is way too inconvenient when there's a big ol' road you can just throw your trash on.

soonerboomer93
4/3/2008, 02:18 AM
some filters are far more biodegradable then gum

more then 5% smokes

and it's not like people didn't just use the ashtray as a change holder :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/3/2008, 04:59 AM
The thing that ****es me off about the whole smoking thing is that it is easier to sneak into this country than it is to smoke a cigerette in a public place. I mean seriously, I UNDERSTAND this at the ballpark or somewhere lots of kids might be. My problem is that I was at the bar this one time with a friend (I don't smoke for the record) and the people bitching about smoking are drunk off their ***. I mean if you are drinking your 18th beer along with your 6th shot of Patron, don't you have more to worry about than second hand smoke?

TUSooner
4/3/2008, 08:19 AM
I live in the littering capital of the USA. I wish I could shoot these folks, but I also live in the murder capital of the USA (or just about, anyway) so I tend to keep my mouth shut.

sooneron
4/3/2008, 09:41 AM
This thread is te win!

Pricetag
4/3/2008, 10:15 AM

No amount of persecution by non-smokers will ever justify some kind of protest butt littering.

As far as the disappearance of car ashtrays goes, a soda can with a little water in the bottom works really well. That's what my buddies who smoke use when they're out on my back porch burning one. And if you forget and accidentally take a sip, that's just one more motivation to quit. :D

Frozen Sooner
4/3/2008, 11:44 AM
some filters are far more biodegradable then gum

more then 5% smokes

and it's not like people didn't just use the ashtray as a change holder :D

I'm not a big fan of people spitting their gum on the streets or whatever either.

5% was pulled out of my butt, what percentage of adults do still smoke?

And that's exactly what I use my ashtray for. :D

Frozen Sooner
4/3/2008, 11:45 AM
The thing that ****es me off about the whole smoking thing is that it is easier to sneak into this country than it is to smoke a cigerette in a public place. I mean seriously, I UNDERSTAND this at the ballpark or somewhere lots of kids might be. My problem is that I was at the bar this one time with a friend (I don't smoke for the record) and the people bitching about smoking are drunk off their ***. I mean if you are drinking your 18th beer along with your 6th shot of Patron, don't you have more to worry about than second hand smoke?

Yes. Now they have to worry about smelling like a cigarette.

4/3/2008, 11:51 AM
I always wondered who the poor sap working at Owen Field was who had to clean up those nasty trough urinals full of hundreds of cigarette butts.

Good times!

shaun4411
4/3/2008, 12:00 PM
I always wondered who the poor sap working at Owen Field was who had to clean up those nasty trough urinals full of hundreds of cigarette butts.

Good times!

he had to be a donor for at least 5 years first.

shaun4411
4/3/2008, 12:03 PM
quoth the lard "de gum be de werk o de debil. dat is why he went to de george-uh"

Sooner_Bob
4/3/2008, 12:35 PM
I can't believe any reasonable person would willingly toss trash out of their vehicle. Especially those yahoos who conveniently "lose" their trash on the way to the dump. My parents live off of a major state highway and dad is always having to pick stuff up that people toss.

Rural Oklahoma can be a pathetic wasteland due to people being too cheap to properly dispose of their trash.

My question is why don't more towns do like Weatherford and have dumpsters all over the place?

SouthFortySooner
4/3/2008, 03:01 PM
...under bridges in rural SE OK there is a wonderland of nature. Why I D I O T S think it is a great place to dump trash boils my turnip. :mad:

tbl
4/3/2008, 03:16 PM

All very, very sound, though the confrontation factor with #3 would be tense. I'd definitely go with 1 or 2.

tbl
4/3/2008, 03:22 PM
Does spitting your gum out the window constitute littering?

I don't think so... I hope not. I also believe all food is fair game as well (suckers don't count). I always throw out apple cores, banana peels, etc. One time I threw out a banana peel and the Georgia version of Dean was behind me and I saw him get livid. He then rushed up next to me and I had my window down waiting. As soon as he started I told him "IT WAS A BANANA PEEL!!! I DON'T LITTER!". He basically said, angrily "OH!!! Well... OKAY!!".

Frozen Sooner
4/3/2008, 03:25 PM
Biodegradable or not, the banana peel is still garbage and looks junky.

Melo
4/3/2008, 03:48 PM
My family doesnt litter. They just keep it in the car. And let it pile up. Its absolutely disgusting.

I keep my car clean, and as soon as I let someone use it, they fill it up. So I place the trashcan NEXT TO the front door. How hard is it to throw your bags and coke cans away on your way inside?

Apparently its incredibly difficult.

Cigarette butts, when I do smoke, go in a coke can that I squeeze halfway shut so I know not to drink from it. Or if Im with people, we just keep an empty cig box for butts.

Turd_Ferguson
4/3/2008, 04:03 PM
I did a job up in Braggs a couple of weeks ago. The drive down Hwy 10 between Braggs & Gore is beautiful.....cept for all the damn trash. I couldn't believe how much garbage was in the ditches.

Beef
4/3/2008, 04:51 PM
Cig butts flying at me when I'm on my motorcycle are a blast. 'Cause dodging tards that don't pay attention isn't challenging enough.

olevetonahill
4/3/2008, 06:26 PM
Id rather see a ******* toss litter than any kinda food .
See My thinkin here is the prisoners will eventually pick that crap up .
when it comes to food stuff tho some Dumbass animal will try to stand there and eat it while some other dumbass in a car will try to run over it .

Sooner_Havok
4/3/2008, 06:29 PM
when it comes to food stuff tho some Dumbass animal will try to stand there and eat it while some other dumbass in a car will try to run over it .

Normally, when I throws mai kitchen trash bag out the window of mai car, I try to get the back over the fence on the other side of the ditch, fer the critters sake :D

Sooner_Havok
4/3/2008, 06:32 PM
But yeah, it does suck having to look at trash everywhere. I am a little more cool with the apple cores and banana peels and such as they do biodegrade pretty quickly. But whole bags of trash and cups, cans, and the like, keep them in your car till you can throw them away.

SleestakSooner
4/3/2008, 06:55 PM
Anti-Litter

STATEWIDE LITTER-HOTLINE
1-888-5-LITTER (or 1-888-554-8837)
See someone in the act of littering our streets, highways, other public places? toll-free number and reporting information from the Oklahoma Department of Transportation:
(http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/public-info/beauty/hotline.htm)

tbl
4/4/2008, 02:54 PM

Any time I toss food, its never in the road. I throw it as far in the ditch as I can. Banana peels and apple cores break down extremely fast in the elements, so it doesn't look bad.

and prisoners don't pick stuff up out of your yard, where a lot of the trash ends up. If you're into the animal sensitivity thing, trash is still worse because stupid animals try to eat it and end up choking on it.