PDA

View Full Version : LA Sooners response to the jackholes at...

Collier11
4/1/2008, 11:17 AM
...ouinsider annoying the hell out of him about the video. :D :D :D :D

Wow, just...wow.

Something to remember when you see people posting about this stuff. Nobody on this message board knows me, therefore, nobody on this message board speaks for me.

I will TRY to make a video as I TRY to every year. (and so far have managed to for better or worse) But, I'm currently working on Call of Duty 5 and barely get to see my wife. I have a house in dire need of repair and spend lots of time on that. I have a computer that is waiting for Vista 64bit and 8 gigs of Ram to be installed. And obligations like weddings and birthday parties to attend. Stuff related to my movie, like festivals, creating screener DVD's and Blu Rays, and working on the next movie... I have a full plate.

I have captured a few games already, but that's about it. I haven't even thought about what music I might use and I'm not taking suggestions here. Some have emailed me and said how much they think the music I pick sucks and then laughingly suggest I use some crappy music they like. One guy even mentioned Supertramp.....SUPERTRAMP !!

It takes a lot of time to put a video together, it takes a while just to fast forward through a 3 1/2 hour game, much less look for highlight worthy clips. And it does take a while to edit the actual video together... yes it can be done faster, but you can see how any knucklehead can throw music over clips and chuck it up on youtube. If I don't feel I've done a good job on a video it won't get shown. I have a bunch of videos that I did that I never showed to anyone, because I think they suck.

I don't mind people asking in a specific thread when the video will be done, but I may not reply because I already replied to some other thread and don't like it chasing me in other threads. I'm posting in a message thread about the cotton bowl and someone is asking me when the video will be ready, that's annoying.

When I started this, I was single, living in an apartment and had all the time in the world. Those days are long gone, so I have to manage myself to get this stuff done and the last thing I need is something that demotivates me.

What's disappointing is that many times people mention wanting to pay to get these videos done, but when I asked publicly to instead check out the movie I edited, I thought I'd get some interest there. Amazon sends us reports, and since I added the link to my sig back in October we have sold exactly 5 copies. Thanks for the support

Anyway, I'll try, I make no promises, but it usually gets done anyway.

PS. No I can't tell you anything about Call of Duty 5

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/1/2008, 11:22 AM
I'm pretty sure people annoy him here as well.

OKLA21FAN
4/1/2008, 11:31 AM
WHEW!!!!

its a good thing a read everything to the PS as I was going to ask if he could send me a Beta copy of COD5 :pop:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/1/2008, 11:34 AM
WHEW!!!!

its a good thing a read everything to the PS as I was going to ask if he could send me a Beta copy of COD5 :pop:

i think we need a posting like stu infraction

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/1/2008, 11:37 AM
i'm surprised he still does them to be honest - he's been at it for almost a decade. statsy too.

Collier11
4/1/2008, 11:42 AM

Annoyed yes, **** him off...probably :D

Collier11
4/1/2008, 11:42 AM
He does a great job so I hope he continues but I understand if he doesnt, that being said...SUPERTRAMP! REALLY?!

OUDoc
4/1/2008, 11:44 AM
Can he get OU highlights coded into COD5? That would be cool. :D

I like Supertramp, just not in a highlight video.

OKLA21FAN
4/1/2008, 11:50 AM
i think we need a posting like stu infraction

what color card is that?

TIA

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/1/2008, 11:52 AM
What is Call of Duty 5?

RedstickSooner
4/1/2008, 12:05 PM
What is Call of Duty 5?

I think it has something to do with stop-loss.

I keed. I keed.

OUDoc
4/1/2008, 12:16 PM
What is Call of Duty 5?

It's the one after Call of Duty 4. :)

http://www.callofduty.com/

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/1/2008, 12:16 PM
what color card is that?

TIA

pink

olevetonahill
4/1/2008, 12:17 PM
I have enjoyed His Vids for years and will continue to enjoy them as Long as HE wants to Make them .
Its a Gift that He gives to US , So I dont think anyone should Be demanding them .
Keep up the Good work Bro .
Hope all works out well for you and yours !

OKLA21FAN
4/1/2008, 12:17 PM
pink

as long as its not orange, I'm in.

OUDoc
4/1/2008, 12:18 PM
I have enjoyed His Vids for years and will continue to enjoy them as Long as HE wants to Make them .
Its a Gift that He gives to US , So I dont think anyone should Be demanding them .
Keep up the Good work Bro .
Hope all works out well for you and yours !

Well said, olevet.

And, apparently, thanks for working on COD5, too. :D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/1/2008, 12:25 PM
as long as its not orange, I'm in.

thanks for the inspiration...

yermom
4/1/2008, 12:37 PM
are we sure he's not just playing CoD5?

what's the link he's talking about? i generally stay off insiders...

Rhino
4/1/2008, 01:03 PM
I got the beta version of Call of Duty 5.

The clouds are all blocky though.

[/hc]

stoops the eternal pimp
4/1/2008, 01:33 PM
somebody ask him if he can make AD a playable character in CoD5

SoonerTroll
4/1/2008, 01:48 PM
Or maybe just a picture of stoops in the background of the game.... like on a magazine cover or spray painted on a wall.... very nice

NormanPride
4/1/2008, 02:13 PM
What are some setups that people use for this stuff? I would love to get into video editing, but I've never known how to get the stuff from my TV/DVR/Etc to the box under my desk. :)

Widescreen
4/1/2008, 03:13 PM
somebody ask him if he can make AD a playable character in CoD5

What would be greatness is to go out on patrol with AD and Chuck Norris.

sooneron
4/1/2008, 03:13 PM
What are some setups that people use for this stuff? I would love to get into video editing, but I've never known how to get the stuff from my TV/DVR/Etc to the box under my desk. :)

peem me

sooneron
4/1/2008, 03:14 PM
That LASooner sure is a whiner!

:D

TopDawg
4/1/2008, 03:40 PM
I got the beta version of Call of Duty 5.

The clouds are all blocky though.

[/hc]

And the music's a little pitchy, dawg.

swardboy
4/1/2008, 07:37 PM
Hey, anybody know when LA Sooner's gonna get with it and get a 2007 video out?

r5TPsooner
4/1/2008, 08:31 PM

It works both ways trust me!!!

Charla
4/1/2008, 09:18 PM
Maybe he could make one called "call our defense"

93sooner
4/1/2008, 10:00 PM
I want to see AD with a Mk19 in one arm, 50 Cal in the other and a football dummy corded to him in the next one.

93Sooner
firebobbyjack.com

SoonerTroll
4/1/2008, 10:38 PM

What you need is a capture card that can run from your television/xbox/whatever and runs to your computer, you can then record the clips on your comp and use video editing software to make the montage. most video editing software will give you like month free trials so there is no need to buy it unless you want to get serious with it

Easting
4/1/2008, 11:03 PM
Call of Dooty. 5.

SoonerTerry
4/2/2008, 07:49 AM
COD4 is everything a good FPS should be..

JMHO

sooneron
4/2/2008, 08:11 AM
Working on COD5, pfft! What a name dropper!

swardboy
4/2/2008, 08:22 AM
Let me know when Call of Booty is out....

Frozen Sooner
4/2/2008, 10:46 AM

BSG's negotiating the rights now.

BigRedJed
4/2/2008, 10:59 AM
Heh.

IN!

mynameisjoe
4/2/2008, 04:26 PM

I read somewhere that it'll be out before 2009, so my guess is around the holiday season.

olevetonahill
4/2/2008, 05:07 PM
Hey, anybody know when LA Sooner's gonna get with it and get a 2007 video out?

I bet we Have to wait till 2008 sometime :(

shaun4411
4/2/2008, 05:11 PM
PS. No I can't tell you anything about Call of Duty 5

just tell me this....Is it awesome? if so, how awesome? if so, how awesome compared to 4? If not, lie to me.

Collier11
4/2/2008, 05:22 PM
just tell me this....Is it awesome? if so, how awesome? if so, how awesome compared to 4? If not, lie to me.

ask LAS, that wasnt my ps :D

CatfishSooner
4/2/2008, 05:23 PM
Call of doo doo ...heh

shaun4411
4/2/2008, 05:25 PM
ask LAS, that wasnt my ps :D

i did, and he asks if i swallow.......

Collier11
4/2/2008, 05:28 PM
i did, and he asks if i swallow.......

well, did you tell him yes?

OU4LIFE
4/4/2008, 10:16 AM
What is Call of Duty 5?

this one might be better for you...

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff67/OU4LIFE_2007/callofduty-woman.jpg

The_Red_Patriot
4/4/2008, 11:18 AM
LA SOONER is the man and what an idiot. Supertramp??

I think alot of football highlight vids put to rock/rap/country music are stupid.

LA SOONER uses orchestral/film scores in his videos and they give me chills much like the NFL Films vidoes.

So please if you are going to make any OU hightlight vid....don't use Linkin Puke or some stupid crap.

Follow in LA SOONER and NFL Film's shoes.....Use moving, dramatic, orchestral or film scores.

yermom
4/4/2008, 11:36 AM
while you're at it, don't make sucky ones either :D

i'm pretty sure some of LASooner's vids use rock music

not all of us are in our 60's ;)

Collier11
4/4/2008, 11:39 AM
LA SOONER is the man and what an idiot. Supertramp??

I think alot of football highlight vids put to rock/rap/country music are stupid.

unless it is Dream On, that song set to sports highlights is always good

The_Red_Patriot
4/4/2008, 12:52 PM
while you're at it, don't make sucky ones either :D

i'm pretty sure some of LASooner's vids use rock music

not all of us are in our 60's ;)

heh...im 23

Loves metal....and long walks on the beach

dolemitesooner
4/4/2008, 01:12 PM
Cod4 blows so I sure they will make cod5 blow also