PDA

View Full Version : Sean Sutton canned.......

Salt City Sooner
4/1/2008, 11:06 AM
http://www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?S=8099973

The Consumate Showman
4/1/2008, 11:06 AM
Poor Sean is out. This head job search should be fun to watch...:pop:

Maybe ole' Boone will offer Self $5-6 million...only to be turned down!

Any thoughts on who they'll look at? The guy at Davidson maybe?

crawfish
4/1/2008, 11:11 AM
Nice job, OSU. Firing a guy on April 1. It'll be tomorrow before anyone is sure that it's true. :rolleyes:

Since they're back in the market, I've heard there's another rulebreaking, disgraced coach with a great won-loss record available. Might wanna check their cell phone contracts, tho. :D

TopDawg
4/1/2008, 11:28 AM
Surely this isn't true.

The players are expected to be told this afternoon.

I can't believe that even aggie would allow that to happen.

But surely Deano would know better than to be part of an April Fool's joke that is so personal.

Either way someone known for doing boneheaded things has done a boneheaded thing here.

Okla-homey
4/1/2008, 11:32 AM
This just in: Pickens State gives boot to spawn of Eddie.

TopDawg
4/1/2008, 11:34 AM
News 9 also partners with the Daily Oklahoman at http://newsok.com/ which is down right now.

bri
4/1/2008, 11:37 AM
Hiring Sean Sutton was the April Fool's joke.

But yeah, not even aggy is dumb enough to do anything on April Fool's Day. I'll wait until tomorrow, and if it's still true then I'll make the joke I'm dying to make. :D

JohnnyMack
4/1/2008, 11:38 AM
A friend of mine (the one I brought to the Tulsa tailgate Homey) who is a huge okie suck fan swears up and down that Bill Self is going to leave Kansas to come back to osu.

Mixer!
4/1/2008, 11:40 AM
This sounds like a prank Bri would pull, given the date. Maybe Holder secretly loathes okie lite as much as he does.

:pop:

EDIT: beat me to it, Bri. ;)

OUDoc
4/1/2008, 11:41 AM
A friend of mine (the one I brought to the Tulsa tailgate Homey) who is a huge okie suck fan swears up and down that Bill Self is going to leave Kansas to come back to osu.

But he didn't say when, did he? ;)

Mixer!
4/1/2008, 11:43 AM
I've heard Billy Gillespie's name being thrown around, and Anthony Grant's (Capel's replacement at VCU).

SoonerTroll
4/1/2008, 11:47 AM
Pretty sure this is the real deal. Press conference scheduled at 3pm today. I don't think that OSU would joke with suttons job...... but what do i know (nothing)

NormanPride
4/1/2008, 11:49 AM
Tulsa has a better shot at Self.

OU4LIFE
4/1/2008, 11:49 AM
I still don't see it.

But I will say this, IF Bill leaves KU to come back here, I will officially think they guy is off his rocker, completely insane.

I can think of no other reason to leave a tradition rich powerhouse, to come into a tradition weak, 4 year minimum rebuilding project.

Salt City Sooner
4/1/2008, 11:52 AM
If it's a hoax, it's getting pretty elaborate. Both ESPN & Fox Sports are now reporting it. It's also on the front page of GoPokes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3323779

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7975536/Sources:-Sutton-out-as-Cowboys-as-coach

BigRedJed
4/1/2008, 11:54 AM
It's a strong possibility that Bill Self WILL coach at Kansas. But it's totally dependent on him getting run off from Kansas at some point. If he coaches at OSU, it will be an Eddie Sutton situation, coaching his alma mater to gain redemption. Which I don't see happening any time soon. aggots who are thinking he jumps now are beyond crack smoking.

Also, regarding the firing of sweat boy: weak. Nearly as weak as letting Eddie force their hand in hiring him in the first place. But once he's here, give him more than two seasons. Proof yet again that they have no idea whatsoever what they're doing.

Mixer!
4/1/2008, 11:59 AM
:les: THREAD MERGE!

Sooner98
4/1/2008, 12:13 PM
If Davidson's 3-pointer at the buzzer had gone in, I think Self's chances of coming to OSU would have been MUCH greater. KU fans would have definitely been turning up the heat, which may have been just enough to run him off. Since they won, I think he stays put.

kbsooner21
4/1/2008, 12:16 PM
Poor aggies :stunned:

If they think Self is gonna come to town, they need to have their heads examined :rolleyes: :D

Collier11
4/1/2008, 12:19 PM
I can see why they did it but still Bad Form!

Collier11
4/1/2008, 12:20 PM
If Davidson's 3-pointer at the buzzer had gone in, I think Self's chances of coming to OSU would have been MUCH greater. KU fans would have definitely been turning up the heat, which may have been just enough to run him off. Since they won, I think he stays put.

Self to OSU would never in a million years happen!

Pricetag
4/1/2008, 12:21 PM
Also, regarding the firing of sweat boy: weak. Nearly as weak as letting Eddie force their hand in hiring him in the first place. But once he's here, give him more than two seasons. Proof yet again that they have no idea whatsoever what they're doing.
Yep. All the money in the world won't make them winners as long as they have jokers like they have calling the shots. This just more cart-before-the-horse thinking, just like all the stadium expansion and high ticket prices in football.

picasso
4/1/2008, 12:32 PM
I heard some mad oSucks fans on the radio this morning. some even threatened to not attend any more sporting events as long as Holder is there.

this means the football games will lose 8 more seats.

r5TPsooner
4/1/2008, 12:32 PM
It was probably the correct move. The guy is just plain creepy IMO and an average HC at best. He probably makes a better AC than he does a HC.

OklahomaTuba
4/1/2008, 12:35 PM
They should just go ahead and hire Sean Sutton's son.

I mean, why stop a tradition at this point?

bri
4/1/2008, 12:37 PM
Screw being an AC, he needs to focus on being a DD.

picasso
4/1/2008, 12:41 PM
http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Coach/PHOTO/SEANSUTTON100.JPG
or tanked.

Boomer.....
4/1/2008, 01:00 PM
Finally. Wonder why they waited this long. If Self truly is a candidate, it is stupid to name him one while his team is still playing. I don't see them shelling out that kind of money for Self. Boone might have it, but hasn't paid any coaches big money yet.

Frozen Sooner
4/1/2008, 01:03 PM
Billy Gillespie?

Last I checked, he already had a job. At Kentucky. And nobody leaves Kentucky for Oklahoma State unless they're either a complete failure as a coach or they cheat.

bri
4/1/2008, 01:05 PM
BOOM! HEADSHOT! :D

tommieharris91
4/1/2008, 01:13 PM
Billy Gillespie?

Last I checked, he already had a job. At Kentucky. And nobody leaves Kentucky for Oklahoma State unless they're either a complete failure as a coach or they cheat.

I c whut u did thurr.

The Maestro
4/1/2008, 01:17 PM
Sutton is not only a better AC, but he always needs some A/C to cool off.

Not sure of his legacy at Creighton or Arky, but the Sutton family sure leaves town with an ugly trail at their last two spots.

And there has to be a joke that starts, "So Eddie Sutton, Byron Houston and Sean Sutton walk into a bar...". Let's work on this.

Collier11
4/1/2008, 01:22 PM
And there has to be a joke that starts, "So Eddie Sutton, Byron Houston and Sean Sutton walk into a bar...". Let's work on this.

Byron asks coach is he wants to see his johnson and coach turns to the crowd, "so thats when I turned to the bottle"

Thats all I got!

SoonerTroll
4/1/2008, 01:24 PM
Side note, did anyone here Doug G ripping Oklahoma State this morning and saying that he was embarassed to be associated with the basketball program.... pretty good stuff...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/1/2008, 01:25 PM
http://media.putfile.com/Sean-Sutton-dance

wishbonesooner
4/1/2008, 01:31 PM
A lot of the mouth breathers in Stillwater are saying that off the court issues were what did SS in. His profuse sweating was not just a too tight suit.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/1/2008, 01:32 PM
A lot of the mouth breathers in Stillwater are saying that off the court issues were what did SS in. His profuse sweating was not just a too tight suit.
Apple didn't fall too far from the tree?

tommieharris91
4/1/2008, 01:33 PM
Seriously, it wasn't the fact that he went 1-3 against OU with more talented teams?

Frozen Sooner
4/1/2008, 01:34 PM
So what happens when Eddie Sutton, Byron Houston and Sean Sutton walk into a bar?

Trick question. Eddie never leaves.

ouflak
4/1/2008, 01:46 PM

I kinda agree. I think one more year would really have let him define just what kind of a coach he could be at a major school. Maybe he wasn't ready like many said, but I don't think one more year to have at it would be asking too much. He's had his teams awfully close in several games, and they've won a few big ones. Oh well, their mess to deal with now.

BigRedJed
4/1/2008, 01:47 PM
But haven't you heard? Bill Self is coming to save the day!

colleyvillesooner
4/1/2008, 02:01 PM
The only thing that Bill Self is going to Stillwater for is to hand out an *** kicking every other year.

shaun4411
4/1/2008, 02:05 PM
the funny thing is that they really do think that self will leave kansas for a demotion to osu.

TopDawg
4/1/2008, 02:06 PM
The only thing that Bill Self is going to Stillwater for is to hand out an *** kicking every other year.

...starting in 2010, right?

Mixer!
4/1/2008, 02:08 PM
But haven't you heard? Billy Gillespie is coming to save the day!
And: BG coached UK this past season w/o a contract.

BTW, Bill Self press conference in Lawrence @ 3:00 CDT. I predict he will lauf and lauf at the notion that he's going to coach aggy.

Mixer!
4/1/2008, 02:13 PM

Apple didn't fall too far from the tree?
The players' off-court behavior is the main reason, from what I'm hearing.

Paperclip
4/1/2008, 02:26 PM
My sister observed that Sean was head-coach-designate longer than he was actually the head-coach.

NormanPride
4/1/2008, 02:34 PM
heh.

TopDawg
4/1/2008, 02:37 PM
I like this line from foxsports:

Gillispie is one of the most difficult coaches in the industry to get a read on, so it’s pure speculation whether he would leave Lexington. However, one thing is clear: Gillispie prefers to be out of the limelight – and he’d have that opportunity in Stillwater.

The Maestro
4/1/2008, 02:46 PM
So what happens when Eddie Sutton, Byron Houston and Sean Sutton walk into a bar?

Trick question. Eddie never leaves.

The bartender asks Byron, "What can I get for you, sir?"

Houston says, "Eh, I'm not much of a drinker...trying to watch my weight. Can I just get a Naked?"

Eddie asks for a pillow or something that helps him get his "swerve on".

Sean asks for something that will knock him out.

Weak sauce...but there has to be a good one here if we brainstorm. Hell, throw the goofy play by play guy in there.

sooner2b09
4/1/2008, 02:53 PM

Thats what some of them still think....

(Although i have to give some of them credit for finally realizing Self is not going to leave Kansas for a program that is in shambles right now)

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=51189

Jimminy Crimson
4/1/2008, 02:55 PM
OSU to hire Scott Sutton? :texan:

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/1/2008, 02:58 PM
:les: PISTOLS FIRING!!!

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/1/2008, 02:59 PM
Firing...get it?

'Cause he got fired?

:eddie:

NYC Poke
4/1/2008, 04:20 PM
Firing...get it?

'Cause he got fired?

:eddie:

Could you tell it a little slower for me?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/1/2008, 04:33 PM
:les: PISTOLS FIRING!!!I thought this was Byron Houston's line in the joke.

Carry on.

Pricetag
4/1/2008, 04:47 PM
Byron, that's not what I meant when I said "Please pass a swizzle stick."

tulsaoilerfan
4/1/2008, 07:03 PM
OSU to hire Scott Sutton? :texan:

Hell why not?

tulsaoilerfan
4/1/2008, 07:03 PM
So while we are getting much needed comic relief from the Aggies once again, anyone want to be how much longer Gundy will be there?

MichiganSooner
4/1/2008, 07:04 PM
It will be a fun several weeks to watch them go through the motions. They think they deserve a well-known highly successful coach from a major program because of their "tradition"-2 national titles about 60 years ago when the NIT was the real national championship.

They will hear, "I'm not interested" over and over again despite the money offered by T-Bone.

Holder does not have the intelligence or guts to go out and find his own "Jeff Capel" or "Bob Stoops", 2 examples of coaches who were rising stars that pretty much no one in our fanbase ever heard of before they were hired at OU. In the end, they will probably pick an alumni (LOSU-r) and of course it will not be Bill Self. In the meantime, negative recruiting...

MichiganSooner
4/1/2008, 07:06 PM
So while we are getting much needed comic relief from the Aggies once again, anyone want to be how much longer Gundy will be there?

Gundy will be there as long a they become bowl eligible. 6-6 is all it takes.

Crimsontothecore
4/1/2008, 07:10 PM
Bill Self? Billy Gillispie? I'm just waiting on coach K and Roy Williams to throw their names in the hat. After all, those guys may have "Good" jobs, but they aren't OSU.:rolleyes:
Give me a physical break. How delusional can a fan base be?

tulsaoilerfan
4/1/2008, 07:12 PM
Bill Self? Billy Gillispie? I'm just waiting on coach K and Roy Williams to throw their names in the hat. After all, those guys may have "Good" jobs, but they aren't OSU.:rolleyes:

Need u even ask this question?:D

birddog
4/1/2008, 07:30 PM
coack kryzeswski was seen at eskimo joe's this afternoon.

Ash
4/1/2008, 07:33 PM
I just saw Bruce Pearl pass Calipari on 35 north near Guthrie. This job's so hot, it's a race to see who gets there first to sign the contract.

birddog
4/1/2008, 07:41 PM
that was him riding with phil jackson then. good deal.

shaun4411
4/1/2008, 07:46 PM
Blake Griffin wants to transfer to osu

tommieharris91
4/1/2008, 09:24 PM
that was him riding with phil jackson then. good deal.

I think I saw Ben Howland joining them. Just remember, this is a job that is on par with the UNC's and Kentucky's of the world!!!!

Now that I think about, that wasn't Ben Howland in the car. IT WAS JOHN WOODEN!!!!

Mixer!
4/1/2008, 09:33 PM
Tom Izzo reportedly checked into the Fairfield Inn tonight. :D

tommieharris91
4/1/2008, 09:45 PM
Kurt Budke will be their next head coach. Just a funny hunch. :D

Pricetag
4/1/2008, 10:03 PM
I haven't read any of the OSU boards or anything, but are the fans talking like this? I think it's the folks in charge of the athletic department who are delusional, and that's what's really scary for OSU fans.

tommieharris91
4/1/2008, 10:06 PM
I haven't read any of the OSU boards or anything, but are the fans talking like this? I think it's the folks in charge of the athletic department who are delusional, and that's what's really scary for OSU fans.

It's about the same as Bill Self going to OSU.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/1/2008, 10:13 PM
Bobby Knight needs a job.

OUstud
4/1/2008, 10:59 PM
Bold, baseless prediction: VCU's Anthony Grant. I can hear them now: "STOOPid goonerz yuo got teh rong VCU coch!111!"

sooner518
4/1/2008, 11:11 PM
this is my favorite because he is deadpan serious:

I believe Self is a pretty good friend of Sean's. Even if we wanted to be at OSU, why would you do that to a friend? Money isn't everything! (to some people)

Sure aggots, Self wont go to OSU because that would be betraying his good buddy, Sean. It has nothing to do with the fact that Kansas is one of the top 5 jobs in the country and taking an OSU job is about 8000000 steps down.

NYC Poke
4/1/2008, 11:20 PM
Enjoy the moment. It looks screwed to me, and I'd enjoy it if I were you.

I'm a little older, and I went to OSU when Billy Tubbs was your coach. I can't tell you who our coach was at the time, and I'm sure most of my brethren couldn't name him without wiki, either. I didn't go to a single basketball game while I was there, and I didn't know anyone who did. I do remember seeing you guys drop the NC to Danny Manning's Kansas team in the tourney (I didn't celebrate - I think Waymon Tisdale is cool).

It's weird for me to go back and see the claim that "We're a basketball school." Or, with this firing, "We're going to be the next Nebraska." Before Sutton Sr. was there, we made 1 tournament in 25 years. We're not Kentucky, we're not Duke, we're not UNC, and we're not Kansas. We have some history and a great arena, but we're not where some of our fans seem to think we are.

I won't pretend to know enough about basketball to pass judgment on whether Sutton Jr. was a good coach. I do feel bad that someone who has been a part of our community for so long was ousted so uncerimoniously. What Holder and Pickens have up there sleeve I obviously don't know, and that's the reason I check these boards.

No sheep tonight, but I got a curly-headed girl's phone number tonight. Does that count?

birddog
4/1/2008, 11:29 PM
partial credit.

birddog
4/1/2008, 11:38 PM
and ag fans can take tom crean of marquette off their long list of dream coaches. he's a hoosier now.

tommieharris91
4/1/2008, 11:42 PM
Seriously, think of Calipari with T-Booner money. He could probably have Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, and Gilbert Arenas as his starting 5 with all the money they got there. Of course, the pokies would have to kill their men's basketball program after those guys leave. :D

Ash
4/1/2008, 11:43 PM

I'm a little older, and I went to OSU when Billy Tubbs was your coach. I can't tell you who our coach was at the time, and I'm sure most of my brethren couldn't name him without wiki, either. I didn't go to a single basketball game while I was there, and I didn't know anyone who did. I do remember seeing you guys drop the NC to Danny Manning's Kansas team in the tourney (I didn't celebrate - I think Waymon Tisdale is cool).

It's weird for me to go back and see the claim that "We're a basketball school." Or, with this firing, "We're going to be the next Nebraska." Before Sutton Sr. was there, we made 1 tournament in 25 years. We're not Kentucky, we're not Duke, we're not UNC, and we're not Kansas. We have some history and a great arena, but we're not where some of our fans seem to think we are.

I won't pretend to know enough about basketball to pass judgment on whether Sutton Jr. was a good coach. I do feel bad that someone who has been a part of our community for so long was ousted so uncerimoniously. What Holder and Pickens have up there sleeve I obviously don't know, and that's the reason I check these boards.

No sheep tonight, but I got a curly-headed girl's phone number tonight. Does that count?

Gillespie may well be your man. It depends on whether the school is ready to take on some of his baggage.

Katherine
4/1/2008, 11:52 PM
Why do the Pokes think they can get Billy Gillispie when he basically turned down A&M and Arkansas already? Plus, Kentucky down to OSU would be a HUGE drop.

I wouldn't say OSU is really a step up from either of those schools basketball-wise.

Katherine
4/1/2008, 11:53 PM
And I really don't think Self will leave KU.

goingoneight
4/2/2008, 12:22 AM
Does anyone here think Eddie's looking for 900 wins? :confused:

Mixer!
4/2/2008, 01:38 AM
Here's the other thing: Is Gillespie really that big a step up from Sutton?

OUmillenium
4/2/2008, 10:27 AM
Kudos to Hoffman for going to a college job with classy leadership rather than getting in the mix in Stoolwater.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/2/2008, 10:50 AM

leonard hamilton. what do i win?

Rhino
4/2/2008, 10:55 AM
Has Gottlieb's rant been posted yet? (http://www.cosmoscowboy.com/misc/Gottlieb.mp3)

Dead on. The story about Holder leaving the Texas/OSU game last year to go to bed is hilarious / unbelievable.

cheezyq
4/2/2008, 11:08 AM
Funny moment on KC radio this morning. I guess Bill Self has already said, "look elsewhere" according to local media. NONE, and I mean, NONE, of the local sports media is scared about Self leaving for oSu.

In related news, Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, and Kevin Garnett, each having never went to college and still claiming eligibility, have decided to fire their agents, dissolve their multi-million dollar contracts, and give up even more millions in endorsements and other perks for being the world's best basketball stars, just so they can attend oSu for 4 years under their new coach, John Wooden.

The Maestro
4/2/2008, 11:09 AM
leonard hamilton. what do i win?

Don't forget about Paul Hansen before that...

sooner_born_1960
4/2/2008, 11:14 AM
Has Gottlieb's rant been posted yet? (http://www.cosmoscowboy.com/misc/Gottlieb.mp3)

Dead on. The story about Holder leaving the Texas/OSU game last year to go to bed is hilarious / unbelievable.
Sometimes you know before three years that you have the wrong guy to get your program back were you want it.

Piware
4/2/2008, 11:31 AM

No, no, no - that's Mighty Mouse.

OU4LIFE
4/2/2008, 11:40 AM
*pointing and laughing*

Mjcpr
4/2/2008, 12:15 PM

Dave Sittler has been covering this Boone Pickens/Mike Holder fiasco for weeks now. He had another article on the subject today. I've got to believe Pickens/Holder aren't 100% in love with him right now. :D

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?subjectID=202&articleID=20080402_2_B1_spanc06520

picasso
4/2/2008, 12:25 PM
in all honesty I think Sean got hosed on the deal. I didn't think it was a good hire but they should have given him a chance at things.

tommieharris91
4/2/2008, 12:50 PM
Guys, I think they just started using flight plans to follow their coaching search.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=51320

Animal Mother
4/2/2008, 12:57 PM
Don't forget about Paul Hansen before that...

Thanks. All I could see was ears but no name.

sooner_born_1960
4/2/2008, 01:06 PM
Guys, I think they just started using flight plans to follow their coaching search.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=51320

I think this is boone's plane...

N522BP

TBP MANAGEMENT LLC (PAMPA TX)

This flight is not available for tracking per request from the owner/operator

cheezyq
4/2/2008, 02:16 PM
I guess quite a few of those delusional idiots are still hanging on to the minuscule scrap of hope that Self will leave to coach their team. You'd think that after the decades of disappointment they've suffered through, they'd be a little more realistic, or even pessimistic. It's like the poor Kansas City Chiefs fans that keep hoping against all hope that someday they'll get to the SuperBowl. Every once in a great while they'll have a season that lifts all their hopes and expectations, only to see them crash and burn when it matters the most.

I don't see how you can be a fan of that kind of team and not be cynical about sports in general.

Mixer!
4/2/2008, 02:55 PM
I guess quite a few of those delusional idiots are still hanging on to the minuscule scrap of hope that Self will leave to coach their team. You'd think that after the decades of disappointment they've suffered through, they'd be a little more realistic, or even pessimistic. It's like the poor Kansas City Chiefs fans that keep hoping against all hope that someday they'll get to the SuperBowl. Every once in a great while they'll have a season that lifts all their hopes and expectations, only to see them crash and burn when it matters the most.

I don't see how you can be a fan of that kind of team and not be cynical about sports in general.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:O

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/2/2008, 04:22 PM
Heh. . .

Clearly, this photo shows Boone's plane descending north of Stillwater earlier this morning:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/OKState918/roswell-ufo-crash-1.jpg

And this picture undeniably shows Boone walking toward the clubhouse at Karsten Creek for a meeting with Mike Holder:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/OKState918/patterson_bigfoot_lg.jpg

Presumably then, this photo of Bill Self, taken from the shore of Lake Carl Blackwell, indicates that Self was also en route for a covert meeting with Holder and Boone:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/OKState918/img_5.jpg

The location for the meeting might be held in a secret location on the Karsten Creek compound, but experts also believe it might have been held at the fabled Lighthouse of Alexandria:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/OKState918/pharos2.jpg

cheezyq
4/3/2008, 09:06 AM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:O

;)

I don't have anything against Chiefs fans, really. Most of my friends and family are Chiefs fans. I just feel bad for them, always getting their hopes up and always coming up just short.

wishbonesooner
4/3/2008, 09:16 AM
Seems as though the info is coming out that Sean was either showing up late for practices or not showing up at all. One friend of mine with OSU ties told me Sean is in serious need for rehab for his alcohol problems.

Sooner_Bob
4/3/2008, 09:20 AM
Man, I actually thought Gundy would get the boot before Sean did.

Mixer!
4/3/2008, 09:36 AM
Dude, Gundy is Boone's golden child. Sutton was the red-headed stepchild, last vestige of the previous AD's administration.

sooner518
4/3/2008, 09:40 AM
Seems as though the info is coming out that Sean was either showing up late for practices or not showing up at all. One friend of mine with OSU ties told me Sean is in serious need for rehab for his alcohol problems.

It'd be really sad if true. it also wouldnt surprise me a bit

Collier11
4/3/2008, 04:47 PM

I read a "rumor" that he missed 22 practices this year and has a worse problem than pops. Again, a rumor but really sad if true!

Ash
4/3/2008, 06:50 PM
I read a "rumor" that he missed 22 practices this year and has a worse problem than pops. Again, a rumor but really sad if true!

Didn't Barry Trammel publish similar info? I think it's more than a rumor at this point.

Collier11
4/3/2008, 07:19 PM
I am not sure, I saw it on an OU board...thats why I called it a rumor ?

Crimsontothecore
4/4/2008, 09:18 AM
The bottom line to the Sean Sutton firing is this: Eddie embarrassed and disgraced osu with his irresponsible actions. Anyone with HALF a brain knows that Eddie, given his history, wasn't walking into any stoolwater liquor store buying booze himself. It's also not hard to conclude that the most likely accomplice was his son Sean. I've also read the rumors about Sean having a drinking problem.
I'm tired of hearing how Holder is the bad guy and how he "just didn't like the Suttons" BULL****! Just because everyone else in stoolwater was patting Eddie on the head after he nearly killed an innocent person doesn't mean Holder was obligated to kiss a Sutton's a**.
In my opinion Mike Holder had the guts to use the same good judgment Kentucky used years ago by ridding the university of the Sutton name.

cheezyq
4/4/2008, 01:41 PM
In my opinion Mike Holder had the guts to use the same good judgment Kentucky used years ago by ridding the university of the Sutton name.

Now if he could only rid the Oklahoma from the OSU name, then all would be right with the world. :D

Mixer!
4/5/2008, 12:42 AM
The bottom line to the Sean Sutton firing is this: Eddie embarrassed and disgraced osu with his irresponsible actions. Anyone with HALF a brain knows that Eddie, given his history, wasn't walking into any stoolwater liquor store buying booze himself. It's also not hard to conclude that the most likely accomplice was his son Sean. I've also read the rumors about Sean having a drinking problem.
I'm tired of hearing how Holder is the bad guy and how he "just didn't like the Suttons" BULL****! Just because everyone else in stoolwater was patting Eddie on the head after he nearly killed an innocent person doesn't mean Holder was obligated to kiss a Sutton's a**.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7928/1bjwwc1.jpg

Exactly. Can I interest you in some season tickets, or a position within my company?

:P

badger
4/6/2008, 01:38 PM
Tell me you look at this:
http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/72974827.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB1CEC2EF2A31E135D A40A659CEC4C8CB6
And don't see some problems. Tell me one glance at this:
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/37/372588.jpg
And don't see a pale-faced, sickly Sean sweating back at you. Tell me that upon seeing this:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/094H5yZ6Rq51n/340x.jpg
We've seen it all season long, the signs have all been in front of everyone catching a glimpse of the Junior Sutton, Sean.

We've all laughed at the "Eddie's Drunk" chants and "Left of center," followed by five claps, but Sean is in serious need of help, whether its for alcohol or just severe stress.

Remember how certain OU fans called the Oregon refs with death threats after the botched ref call?

Well, picture about a million times more calls, chants, letters to editors, columns by sports writers, talk radio callers, television reports of your immenent firing, constant reminders that your athletic director does not support you and will not say that your job is safe and the weight of the entire program on your shoulders if you don't stop losing on the road, beat your brother's school, beat your in-state rival school, win your first NIT game... fired.

Poke fans have been relentlessly critical of Sean ever since he took over for daddy. I know such things come with the job, but I wonder how they would feel if tomorrow's headline was about him commiting suicide from the stress.

You made sure Sean got his severance pay. You should also make sure Sean gets the help he needs.

Ash
4/6/2008, 02:36 PM
I am not sure, I saw it on an OU board...thats why I called it a rumor ?

A few days ago, he published a column where he outlined some of the behind the scenes reasons that Sean might have lost favor and was fired. Some of them being that he was consistently late to meetings and practices and didn't show up to other functions.