PDA

View Full Version : Bands you really really liked but in hindsight...

royalfan5
3/31/2008, 09:02 PM
turned out to be kind of crappy.

The Aquabats
http://youtube.com/watch?v=okmQlciGtE0&feature=related

yermom
3/31/2008, 09:07 PM
Creed.

oh wait, that wasn't me

3/31/2008, 09:11 PM
RATT.

Oh wait, that was out loud.

King Crimson
3/31/2008, 09:12 PM
the easy answer is REM.

i'll just say the REM of 1985 was not the REM of 1995, and never will be.

since i'm getting older, I can forgive a lot of sins. but, i don't think i'll be buying the REM back catalogue anytime soon. i can appreciate some of what they did after Fables....but, it ain't me babe.

Chronic Town to Fables, i can buy and sell with. an occasional tune or few since, OK. respect for those guys, sure. but i just ain't on board like i was.

King Crimson
3/31/2008, 09:15 PM
to original point of the post:

most of Morrissey's solo career

C&CDean
3/31/2008, 09:16 PM
The Rolling Stones

sooneron
3/31/2008, 09:21 PM
to original point of the post:

most of Morrissey's solo career

ooh, Bri wrath comin'...

:pop:

i sorta agree though.

sooneron
3/31/2008, 09:22 PM
I have heard that Accelerate is pretty damn good and going back to the old ways for the Athens boys. It can only be better than their last "effort".

stoopified
3/31/2008, 09:22 PM
Savage Garden

Frozen Sooner
3/31/2008, 09:23 PM
Guns and Roses.

Yeah, I know. But most of Appetite for Destruction wasn't nearly as good as we thought it was and almost all of Use Your Illusion was dreck.

And I'll pass judgment on Chinese Democracy when I'm drinking my free Dr. Pepper.

OKLA21FAN
3/31/2008, 09:26 PM
the last 5 or so years of the PRIDE??????

:pop:

never mind....carry on

sooneron
3/31/2008, 09:28 PM
I'll admit it-

Jesus Jones

moreso the Liquidizer album than the big one.

yermom
3/31/2008, 09:30 PM
Guns and Roses.

Yeah, I know. But most of Appetite for Destruction wasn't nearly as good as we thought it was and almost all of Use Your Illusion was dreck.

And I'll pass judgment on Chinese Democracy when I'm drinking my free Dr. Pepper.

i haven't read many things that were more wrong.

i'm dumber for reading your post.

you are awarded no points, and may God have mercy on your soul

Frozen Sooner
3/31/2008, 09:34 PM
Go listen to Mr. Brownstone and Rocket Queen and tell me that with a straight face.

r5TPsooner
3/31/2008, 09:40 PM
Nirvana

C&CDean
3/31/2008, 09:48 PM
Go listen to Mr. Brownstone and Rocket Queen and tell me that with a straight face.

Even Sgt. Pepper's or Who's Next? has a dog or two on it.

sooneron
3/31/2008, 09:49 PM
Nirvana

Blasphemer!!;)

goingoneight
3/31/2008, 10:00 PM
Does Metallica count? I mean, they were awesome back in the day... but the have been absolutely horrid in their last few efforts. "St. Anger" :mad:.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/31/2008, 10:25 PM
New Kids on the Block

Frozen Sooner
3/31/2008, 10:26 PM
Even Sgt. Pepper's or Who's Next? has a dog or two on it.

The thing is everyone thought those songs were awesome back then.

Solid effort, for sure, but they weren't as awesome as we thought.

Sooner_Havok
3/31/2008, 10:36 PM
I got to go with Greenday. I thought they were pretty cool back in the day, but now...They pretty much Wang Chung.

King Crimson
3/31/2008, 10:39 PM
this is the most confusing thread i've ever read.

except that i think Green Day pretty much is average. and they aren't "punk".

when i come around is not punk. it songs that sorority girls like, crass is a punk band. not cute guys from Orange County.

yermom
3/31/2008, 10:42 PM
Green Day went to ****. they turned all crappy emo Good Charlotte sounding crap

silverwheels
3/31/2008, 10:45 PM
Who's Nirvana?

Sooner_Havok
3/31/2008, 10:46 PM

Thank you!!

And no, they were never punk, but they used to be halfway legit.

King Crimson
3/31/2008, 10:53 PM

there was no "back inna day" for Green Day.

just MTV.

yermom
3/31/2008, 10:54 PM
i liked their early stuff

King Crimson
3/31/2008, 10:57 PM
i liked their early stuff

yeah, it was tuneful. but it wasn't punk.

Sooner_Havok
3/31/2008, 11:00 PM
I listened to DK for punk, I listened to GD for pop. I thought they were good, can't stomach their crap now though

King Crimson
3/31/2008, 11:03 PM
"Let's Lynch the Landlord" or the Stones "Bitch" might be the best Rock songs ever.

yermom
3/31/2008, 11:09 PM
i started listening to the Clash more recently... they are a lot more poppy than i realized

i finally started getting some Stones albums, i think Let It Bleed is my favorite so far

DK?

BigRedJed
3/31/2008, 11:13 PM
Pretty much everything is more poppy than you remembered if you listen to it with the benefit of 20 years under your belt.

yermom
3/31/2008, 11:16 PM
well, i'd never heard most of it :)

i was expecting something closer to the Sex Pistols

i'm not saying it's bad, i'm just saying i was surprised. i kinda figured the non-single stuff would be more hardcore

it's more like it's Ska without all the brass

GottaHavePride
3/31/2008, 11:18 PM
Nirvana

Pearl Jam

Stone Temple Pilots.

Wait, I never liked either of those bands.

yermom
3/31/2008, 11:18 PM
now you are just being spiteful :mad:

King Crimson
3/31/2008, 11:22 PM
DK=Dead Kennedys.

King Crimson
3/31/2008, 11:27 PM
i stayed out of the "underrated" thread for a reason.

wolfmother?

some weak borrowed Sabbath riffs and ya ya Rock a Round well-rehearsed elfs and spiritual lyrics.

and an MTV/Apple commercial.

underrated?

and Green Day is Punk.

**** all y'all.

chemical warfare, chemical warfare......

setem
3/31/2008, 11:27 PM
Nirvana
Stone Temple Pilots
Pearl jam

God damn you sons of bitches are haters!

Korn...WOW...what a turd they ended up being!

One band that will never get old is Radiohead. I am going to see them in Dallas in May.

Sooner_Havok
3/31/2008, 11:28 PM
DK=Dead Kennedys.

Yup:D

yermom
3/31/2008, 11:28 PM
Nirvana
Stone Temple Pilots
Pearl jam

God damn you sons of bitches are haters!

Korn...WOW...what a turd they ended up being!

One band that will never get old is Radiohead. I am going to see them in Dallas in May.

uh oh

GottaHavePride
3/31/2008, 11:56 PM

You can toss them on my "meh" pile, too. ;)

Sooner_Havok
3/31/2008, 11:57 PM
and Green Day is Punk.

Um, no
:D

VeeJay
4/1/2008, 12:22 AM
The Cardigans.

I keed.

REM's "Monster" is one of my favorites - if you check out the lyrics, they're sort of like U2 in that they're making fun of themselves.

Me and a buddy saw REM's '86 show following "Fables" release and the backdrop was a series of B&W pictures of factories and industrial decline. We were laughing at REM's show halfway through it.

setem
4/1/2008, 12:58 AM
The Cardigans.

I keed.

REM's "Monster" is one of my favorites - if you check out the lyrics, they're sort of like U2 in that they're making fun of themselves.

Me and a buddy saw REM's '86 show following "Fables" release and the backdrop was a series of B&W pictures of factories and industrial decline. We were laughing at REM's show halfway through it.

LOVE ME LOVE ME! SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME!

Blue
4/1/2008, 01:02 AM
STP, Wolfmother, Nirvana, GnR, and Metallica are rockstars people. They don't suck. Your crappy indie bands suck, otherwise we'd have heard of them.

King Crimson
4/1/2008, 06:50 AM
STP, Wolfmother, Nirvana, GnR, and Metallica are rockstars people. They don't suck. Your crappy indie bands suck, otherwise we'd have heard of them.

who's "we"?

a lot of people bought Use Your Illusion. So, that's a great double record? It ain't. it's a **** ton of crap. search for any of the Metallica threads....the Black Album is the best Metallica, evar.

wolfmother is pretty much recycled sabbath riffs for 19 year old chicks who "like to rock" and have something pretty to look at. same chicks who think Green Day is punk and No Doubt was reggae. wolfmother is in a Ipod commercial (one of the all-time major players in advertising to "youth culture")....hard to call that underrated. sorry if "we" hurt your feelings by criticizing your spoon-fed pop culture icons.

Nirvana is not a good example to "disprove" the crappy indie band thesis.

rufnek05
4/1/2008, 08:20 AM
KISS

sooneron
4/1/2008, 08:25 AM
who's "we"?

a lot of people bought Use Your Illusion. So, that's a great double record? It ain't. it's a **** ton of crap. search for any of the Metallica threads....the Black Album is the best Metallica, evar.

wolfmother is pretty much recycled sabbath riffs for 19 year old chicks who "like to rock" and have something pretty to look at. same chicks who think Green Day is punk and No Doubt was reggae. wolfmother is in a Ipod commercial (one of the all-time major players in advertising to "youth culture")....hard to call that underrated. sorry if "we" hurt your feelings by criticizing your spoon-fed pop culture icons.

Nirvana is not a good example to "disprove" the crappy indie band thesis.
Yep. Just b/c someone is a rockstar, doesn't mean that you shouldn't feel inclined to drop them like a bad habit. In fact, that is what this thread is about, IYAM.

sooneron
4/1/2008, 08:27 AM
KISS

They wrote some VERY good rock songs back in the day. THey also wrote some real clunkers. I don't think I will ever regret not signing up for the "Army" back in 77.

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/1/2008, 08:28 AM
They don't suck. Your crappy indie bands suck, otherwise we'd have heard of them.

Lots of words just came to my mind to type here but instead I'll just say this:

:kelvin:

sooneron
4/1/2008, 08:32 AM

I think I have my new sig. Thanks Blue!

Beef
4/1/2008, 08:44 AM
I have heard that Accelerate is pretty damn good and going back to the old ways for the Athens boys. It can only be better than their last "effort".

I have been breaking out my old REM lately and it's very bittersweet. They used to rock the **** and became cartoons of themselves. I preordered "Accelerate" and will download it tonight. I've heard they get back to rocking, and the first song released, "Supernatural Superserious" while not their best, is at least "better" and gets it's rock on. Looking forward to the rest of it.

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/1/2008, 08:45 AM
They're on the Today Show right now. Gonna play throughout the morning...

sooneron
4/1/2008, 08:47 AM

I'm sorry, this still keeps carcking me up. I can picture John McCain shaking his fist and screaming this at Tower records or something.

BigRedJed
4/1/2008, 09:12 AM
Actually, I like Wolfmother. But mos def NOT an underrated band. And I agree with KC about the "recycled" part. Nothing new there. But they do rock enough for me to enjoy listening. Hey, it's no different than Muse. That stuff is recycled too, but I like it.

Viking Kitten
4/1/2008, 09:17 AM
Wow, Blue. I've never been one to hold commercial success against somebody, but making the marketplace the barometer of greatness shows a much stronger faith in humanity than I'll ever have.

BTW...I've been listening to "Accelerate" for about a week or so now, and I love it. My favorite tracks are "Hollow Man" and "Until the Day is Done." I thought the whole thing sounded like the R.E.M. I fell in love with a long time ago.

sooneron
4/1/2008, 09:41 AM
Wow, Blue. I've never been one to hold commercial success against somebody, but making the marketplace the barometer of greatness shows a much stronger faith in humanity than I'll ever have.

BTW...I've been listening to "Accelerate" for about a week or so now, and I love it. My favorite tracks are "Hollow Man" and "Until the Day is Done." I thought the whole thing sounded like the R.E.M. I fell in love with a long time ago.

Right now, I'm listening to Kick by INXS and your kitty avatar is dancing perfectly to the beat! It's hilarious.

BillyBall
4/1/2008, 10:02 AM
Coldplay

sooneron
4/1/2008, 10:08 AM
heh

Still laughing...

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/860/metallicainie7.jpg

Frozen Sooner
4/1/2008, 10:40 AM
Metallica remains every bit as awesome as I thought they were back in the day. Kill 'em All, Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning-I can listen to any of these albums straight through at any time.

They began sucking afterwards, but those three albums are still awesome.

soonermix
4/1/2008, 11:12 AM
vanilla ice

sooneron
4/1/2008, 12:33 PM
Gerardo

Mixer!
4/1/2008, 01:28 PM
Kingdom Come
Saga
Autograph
The Cult

:O

tbl
4/1/2008, 01:37 PM
The Cult???? You're nuts.. though I will agree that it was downhill after Electric, then SWIFTLY downhill after Sonic Temple. Still, Electric is awesome enough to give them permanent cred.

Black Crowes starting out great but have dwindled heavily...

Frozen Sooner
4/1/2008, 01:38 PM
Autograph?

How can you deny the greatness that was "Turn Up the Radio"?

tbl
4/1/2008, 01:39 PM
The Killers? Maybe...
Lenny Kravitz... though I still like some of his stuff.

BigRedJed
4/1/2008, 01:44 PM
Dude, I totally thought the Killers when this thread started. Loved 'em for about 6 months, and now I mostly cringe when I hear them, and think "WTF was I thinking?"

BillyBall
4/1/2008, 01:52 PM
Dave Matthews Band

JohnnyMack
4/1/2008, 02:15 PM
Dave Matthews Band

Last CD was. Overall? No way.

Mixer!
4/1/2008, 02:21 PM
Autograph?

How can you deny the greatness that was "Turn Up the Radio"?
No doubt, that song is 31 flavors of AWESOME! But after that album...meh.

The Cult???? You're nuts.. though I will agree that it was downhill after Electric, then SWIFTLY downhill after Sonic Temple. Still, Electric is awesome enough to give them permanent cred.
Again: Electric = AWESOME! But after that...

BillyBall
4/1/2008, 02:36 PM
Last CD was. Overall? No way.

They are painful to listen to and their fans blow

JohnnyMack
4/1/2008, 02:43 PM
They are painful to listen to and their fans blow

You smell like bigfoot's dick.

BillyBall
4/1/2008, 02:45 PM
You smell like bigfoot's dick.

heh....

Blue
4/1/2008, 02:48 PM
I'm sorry, this still keeps carcking me up. I can picture John McCain shaking his fist and screaming this at Tower records or something.

Listen, my friends. :D

I was a tad beered up last night from the Braves game. I got a little emotional. I like old Metallica, I like Nirvana, I like Wolfmother bc they put out a good album when all thats put out these days is whiny crappy nickelback crap. I like the White Stripes. I like all kinds of stuff.

I apologize if I offended Indie rock lovers. I will say some is good. If its really good, most the time it does go mainstream. Some act like mainstream means you can't like it anymore. Some of it sucks. I wasn't talking about anyone in particular.

Good thing about music is we can like different stuff and most the timewe're both right.

SouthFortySooner
4/1/2008, 02:50 PM
This fits the thread title. Hootie-cracked rear view sells magazzilion copies, the next album (anyone know the title), 3 copies.

BigRedJed
4/1/2008, 02:56 PM
The only place I'll differ with you, Blue, is that the industry has changed so much that being brilliant is now no longer a guarantee of mainstream success.

I like LOTS of commercially successful bands, and don't think "making it" is necessarily an indicator of suckitude, unless said band does a wholesale sellout to get there and no longer resembles the previous band they were, before being successful. Or, the band that has a really cool song that turns into a hit, and spends the rest of their career trying to sound like that song.

But being really good, or even being incredibly special, stopped being the key to commercial success years ago. While those two things are not mutually exclusive, they have very little connection to one another these days.

Blue
4/1/2008, 03:01 PM
And I will admit I don't know as much as most in this thread when it comes to all the music out there. I'm just a few years removed from my Panic/Bonaroo/Jam band days where music was only as good as the substances taken. Not proud.

silverwheels
4/1/2008, 03:07 PM
The Killers, definitely. Their first album had a bit more shelf life than Sam's Town. I liked that one for about a month before it was forgotten.

Beef
4/1/2008, 03:12 PM
Kingdom Come

:O
You mean they never lived up to the "Hairband Led Zeppelin" hype?

BillyBall
4/1/2008, 03:13 PM
Wilco: Really liked Uncle Tupelo, since then... Not so much.

Beef
4/1/2008, 03:15 PM
Traveling Wilburys

:rcmad:What have you done for me lately??

Yeah, I know I'm going to hell.

silverwheels
4/1/2008, 03:15 PM
A.M. and Being There are still fantastic. Summerteeth and YHF are good. A Ghost is Born and Sky Blue Sky are both a little too slow for me.

sooneron
4/1/2008, 03:17 PM
It's too bad no one heard The Cult's Libertine. It is fairly recent and teh win.

BillyBall
4/1/2008, 03:24 PM
A.M. and Being There are still fantastic. Summerteeth and YHF are good. A Ghost is Born and Sky Blue Sky are both a little too slow for me.

OK, youre right.. Its really been the last 3, starting with YHF, that have turned me off.

JohnnyMack
4/1/2008, 03:28 PM
I'm gonna go listen to Crash just to **** BillyBall off.

BillyBall
4/1/2008, 03:34 PM
I'm gonna go listen to Crash just to **** BillyBall off.

Heh... I liked them until after "Before These Crowded Streets". I didn't realize that DMB was such a touchy subject around here...

sooneron
4/1/2008, 03:41 PM
DMB, ugh.

It's nice to know that J Mayer is syphoning off his chick fans.

[ducks]

Sooner_Havok
4/1/2008, 05:32 PM
I have to go wit Frozen,

Metallica = teh win

Selloutica = teh lame

BigRedJed
4/1/2008, 05:42 PM
But, correct me if I'm wrong, but the point of the thread would be that you also used to love Selloutica, and now realize the error of your ways. I think a number of people are taking the thread to be about bands that were good and then turned to succ.

If you can put Master of Puppets on your stereo today and not cringe when you listen to it, it doesn't belong in this thread, based on my interpretation. Nor would R.E.M. belong here for KC, unless he used to love Automatic for the People-era Stipe and Co., and now is disgusted in himself for doing so. Make sense?

An example of a band I loved that I now cringe to think about previously rocking out to is Escape-era Journey. WTF was I thinking?

Frozen Sooner
4/1/2008, 05:55 PM
That's how I'm taking the thread as well.

Except Automatic for the People is a damn fine album in its own right.

The first time I listened to Metallica's "Black" album :biggest****ingrolleyesofalltime: I thought "Holy carck this is bad." I have always liked and will continue to like their first three LPs. ...And Justice For All is marginal for me.

The funny thing is that a lot of bands that I liked when I was younger and then I decided were crap...well, I kind of like them now for camp. Warrant? Great White? Awesome.

Sooner_Havok
4/1/2008, 05:55 PM
But, correct me if I'm wrong, but the point of the thread would be that you also used to love Selloutica, and now realize the error of your ways. I think a number of people are taking the thread to be about bands that were good and then turned to succ.

If you can put Master of Puppets on your stereo today and not cringe when you listen to it, it doesn't belong in this thread, based on my interpretation. Nor would R.E.M. belong here for KC, unless he used to love Automatic for the People-era Stipe and Co., and now is disgusted in himself for doing so. Make sense?

An example of a band I loved that I now cringe to think about previously rocking out to is Escape-era Journey. WTF was I thinking?

touche', well then let's add Mötley Crüe to this bad boy then.

royalfan5
4/1/2008, 06:01 PM
Yep. Just b/c someone is a rockstar, doesn't mean that you shouldn't feel inclined to drop them like a bad habit. In fact, that is what this thread is about, IYAM.

That, and I wanted to see how many people were into crappy ska bands like me.

BigRedJed
4/1/2008, 06:03 PM
Yeah, I don't disagree that AFTP is a decent album. I don't cringe when it comes on, though the years have instructed me that it doesn't hold up as well as Fables, for instance. But King Crimson has made it pretty clear that anything after Life's Rich Pageant, I think, currently makes him all but gag.

Therefore, if he creamed his jeans when New Adventures in Hi-Fi came out (doubt that he did), and now rolls his eyes, he should put it in this thread. If he stopped listening when Document came out (which I think is roughly how it went down), but still loves everything before it, R.E.M. does not belong in this thread for him.

Sorry to use you as an example, KC, but your well documented (no pun intended) thoughts on them made it easier to illustrate.

Sooner_Havok
4/1/2008, 06:05 PM
I have to agree with the Nirvana thing though. I liked them a bit at the time, but now when their stuff comes on the radio, I have to turn it off.

sooneron
4/1/2008, 08:38 PM
I can still listen to AFTP. After that? Not so much.

King Crimson
4/1/2008, 08:47 PM
so, now i'm the poster boy for screwing up the thread.

Jed's time will come.

4/1/2008, 09:37 PM
Traveling Wilburys

:rcmad:What have you done for me lately??

Yeah, I know I'm going to hell.

I don't neg, but come on... look at who at who was in that band!

BigRedJed
4/1/2008, 09:49 PM

Jed's time will come.
Heh. No, I wasn't saying that. I couldn't remember if you even posted R.E.M. in this thread as I was typing all of that. Just using your well-documented opinion on the band as an example.

Pricetag
4/1/2008, 10:25 PM
I must be a nostalgic fool, because although tastes have changed over the years, and now I might not start listening to types of music and bands I did in the past, I can still remember what it was about the music at the time that made it appeal to me, and I can still listen to and enjoy it.

I've been listening to AOL channels for Hair Metal and '80s rap quite a bit lately, and loving it.

soonerinabilene
4/1/2008, 10:41 PM
I am ashamed to admit that I liked Limp Bizkit when they came out. Thought they were awesome. Now when I hear, it just makes me laugh. And I cant believe this page made it 5 pages without anybody listing them.

royalfan5
4/1/2008, 11:11 PM
I am ashamed to admit that I liked Limp Bizkit when they came out. Thought they were awesome. Now when I hear, it just makes me laugh. And I cant believe this page made it 5 pages without anybody listing them.
I should have probably listed them too. I listed to 3 Dollar Bill Y'all way too many times.

Blue
4/1/2008, 11:12 PM
Sevendust? Although a couple of their songs still jam.

setem
4/4/2008, 01:19 AM

Maybe because the LB is better than everyone!

DMB back in the day was amazing. The new stuff is gayer than when gay came to gay town.:P

KC//CRIMSON
4/4/2008, 10:45 AM
You can toss them on my "meh" pile, too. ;)

I'm tossing YOU on my "meh" pile.;)

KC//CRIMSON
4/4/2008, 10:50 AM
That's how I'm taking the thread as well.

Except Automatic for the People is a damn fine album in its own right.

The first time I listened to Metallica's "Black" album :biggest****ingrolleyesofalltime: I thought "Holy carck this is bad." I have always liked and will continue to like their first three LPs. ...And Justice For All is marginal for me.

The funny thing is that a lot of bands that I liked when I was younger and then I decided were crap...well, I kind of like them now for camp. Warrant? Great White? Awesome.

You had me until Warrant and Great White.

And FTR, R.E.M has never made a bad record. Ever.:cool:

sooneron
4/4/2008, 12:05 PM

Jed's time will come.

I'm surprised he hasn't already turned this into a "Jed back and forth contradicting himself" thread!

texas bandman
4/4/2008, 01:00 PM
Bloodrock, I remember listening to "D.O.A." over and over in 1971. I was a morbid kid.

dw17
4/4/2008, 01:14 PM
Lou Bega

Come on, don't say you didn't groove to a Little Bit Of Mambo!

Come on!

come on, someone be with me on this.

:(

sooneron
4/4/2008, 09:28 PM
Lou Bega

Come on, don't say you didn't groove to a Little Bit Of Mambo!

Come on!

come on, someone be with me on this.

:(

[crickets chirping]

yermom
4/4/2008, 09:46 PM
might as well add the Baha Men and Los Del Rio in there ;)

9z7t-Ox3XvU

He82NBjJqf8

Blue
4/4/2008, 10:09 PM
Early Dave is still good. They blow these days.

Blue
4/4/2008, 10:12 PM
I thought Robert Randolph had something. Not so much.

Jack Johnson kinda sucks since Brushfire fairytales.

Creed.

Beck. IMO.

Ben Harpers last few since Live from Mars have sucked.

Arcade Fire.

Matchbox 20.

Bone Thugs n Harmony. ;)

sooneron
4/4/2008, 10:18 PM
Kayak. of course, I was only 12 years old.

BigRedJed
4/4/2008, 10:23 PM
Air Supply. Of course, I was only 12 years old.

And apparently not entirely settled on heterosexuality at that point.

sooneron
4/4/2008, 10:25 PM
Air Supply. Of course, I was only 12 years old.

And apparently not entirely settled on heterosexuality at that point.

LOL!!!!

Here is where the contradiction comes into play.:texan:

BigRedJed
4/4/2008, 10:35 PM
Well, eventually the part of me that once loved C.W. McCall's Convoy beat the little girly-boy in me back into submission, thankfully. Occasionally the Air Supply kid manifests himself in a love for Pet Shop Boys music, shoe buying and excessive grooming, but for the most part I have him under control.

silverwheels
4/5/2008, 03:12 AM
Dude...

r5TPsooner
4/5/2008, 08:15 AM
Poison
LA Guns
Frehley's Comet

yermom
4/5/2008, 08:19 AM
i think it's ok to like Poison again

sMqjGywYOI8

yermom
4/5/2008, 08:24 AM
gah, i posted that before watching it again

King Crimson
4/5/2008, 08:36 AM
poison sucks.

yermom
4/5/2008, 08:37 AM
i didn't say they were great, but i wouldn't change the station if they came on :D

Frozen Sooner
4/5/2008, 11:20 AM
poison sucks.

Hey, C.C. DeVille went to Julliard. Just ask him. Or don't. He'll tell you anyhow.

dw17
4/7/2008, 04:42 PM
Poison
LA Guns
Frehley's Comet
You really liked Frehley's Comet? I remember when they came out the concept of Ace playing again was nice but the product was bleh.

LA Guns rocked my face off so much at Rome 90 in the late 80's/early 90's (can't remember the date) I can overlook a lot.

King Crimson
4/7/2008, 06:45 PM
Hey, C.C. DeVille went to Julliard. Just ask him. Or don't. He'll tell you anyhow.

i posted this before a few years ago, but one of strangest things i've ever seen was CC Deville rolling on to the set of Michael Ciarello's supra-pretentious PBS cooking and "Napa Valley lifestyle" show.

i was kind of hungover and watching the cooking shows on local Denver PBS trying to get straight again and there's CC Deville on the set. big frosted Moore times 5 hair, sunglasses....right along with Mike Ciarello's nonsense. set me back a few hours, feel?

BudSooner
4/8/2008, 04:48 AM