PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the Safari web browser?

BudSooner
3/31/2008, 09:09 AM
Is it safe to use, or do I tell the Apple software update to **** off?

sooneron
3/31/2008, 09:13 AM
I use it occasionally.

I may start using it more as Firefox seems increasingly "buggy" with my MB pro and whatever new cat named OS I'm using.

MR2-Sooner86
3/31/2008, 09:18 AM
I use it at school all the time. However, we have not yet updated to Leopard and are still using Tiger if that means anything. However my professors in the class downloaded Firefox and I see them using it as to Safari.

yermom
3/31/2008, 09:32 AM
i didn't like it on the Mac, i'm not really thinking it works much better on Windows

i still use Firefox everywhere, but i'm starting to rethink that since it seems to be getting crappy. strangely it works best on the Mac to me

BudSooner
3/31/2008, 09:39 AM
Yeah, Firefox has seemed to go downhill quickly.

SoonerTerry
3/31/2008, 10:10 AM
Don't do any banking with it yet... still has some security issues from what I hear.

Partial Qualifier
3/31/2008, 11:42 AM
i didn't like it on the Mac, i'm not really thinking it works much better on Windows

i still use Firefox everywhere, but i'm starting to rethink that since it seems to be getting crappy. strangely it works best on the Mac to me

Yermom, have you tried Microsoft's web browser? It's called Internet Explorer.

*runs away*

sooneron
3/31/2008, 12:49 PM
I use opera sometimes and usually feel like I should use it more.

yermom
3/31/2008, 02:45 PM
Yermom, have you tried Microsoft's web browser? It's called Internet Explorer.

*runs away*

it's sh!te

i used IE 5 for a long time.

they came to the popup blocker/tab party way too late. it's still something of a whore with all the crap it will let websites install as well. it still use it on sites i trust with crap that is written poorly to only work with IE

achiro
3/31/2008, 03:24 PM
I use it all the time on my mac and it is my favorite browser but until all security issues are clear I don't think I would use it oin a windows format.

Ike
3/31/2008, 04:35 PM
I use it for certain things on the mac, and firefox for others. dunno about windows. Personally, I like it...mostly.

Sooner_Havok
3/31/2008, 05:45 PM
I think you all know where I stand on all things Mac. that said, the new Safari release for windows is good, but not great. They fixed a lot of the bugs from the beta release, but it still has some problems rendering text in the windows environment. I have read a lot of reviews on it stating that the memory leak is not near as bad as firefox, so there is that.

It is a good browser, but they really should have used windows text readers instead of forcing the OS X ones to work in windows. It is better than any incarnation of IE, but I would say it is still behind firefox.

OzarkSooner
3/31/2008, 08:29 PM
Yes, I like Safari, but the new Windows release won't keep tabs for tabbed browsing (you have to reopen new tabs each session), so, it's out for me. I'm still using Firefox.

yermom
3/31/2008, 08:46 PM
if i'm reading that right, that's one of the reasons i didn't use it on my Mac