PDA

View Full Version : History Buffs and Lovers of Good Historical Drama

Okla-homey
3/30/2008, 01:02 PM
Don't forget episode Four of "John Adams" to night on HBO.

http://www.hbo.com/films/johnadams/

BigRedJed
3/30/2008, 02:06 PM
Haven't watched three yet. Thank goodness of OnDemand.

Frozen Sooner
4/7/2008, 12:43 AM
Just watched the first episode-the one about the Boston Massacre.

First, I gotta say-I was very struck at how similar the area looked to what I remember from my walking tour of the Freedom Trail.

Second, John Adams was everything an attorney should be.

Third, tar and feathering sucks.

BigRedJed
4/7/2008, 12:47 AM
...First, I gotta say-I was very struck at how similar the area looked to what I remember from my walking tour of the Freedom Trail...
I thought the same thing. I remember standing on the steps of the Old State House, looking at the markers in the street, and trying to envision the Boston Massacre. It was almost eerie seeing it in that scene.

BigRedJed
4/7/2008, 12:51 AM
Froze, go check out the On Demand stuff related to that miniseries. Especially the "making of." The amount of CGI used is far more than I would have guessed, and amazingly seamless. The actual physical set dressing is incredible, too.

Frozen Sooner
4/7/2008, 01:08 AM
Froze, go check out the On Demand stuff related to that miniseries. Especially the "making of." The amount of CGI used is far more than I would have guessed, and amazingly seamless. The actual physical set dressing is incredible, too.

That would work well, if GCI cable had "On Demand" available.

Which it doesn't. Well, it does, but so far only PBS and pay per view is on there.

BigRedJed
4/7/2008, 09:56 AM
BWAHAHAHAHA!!! YOU ALASKANS ARE LOSERS!!!

85Sooner
4/7/2008, 10:21 AM
Great episode last night. I like the role and the way the guy plays George Washington. Regal and powerful.

JimmyJamJman
4/7/2008, 11:59 AM
Don't have HBO, but, caught up on these thanks to...um...other means. I love anything historical like this, great dang show so far.

StoopTroup
4/7/2008, 12:06 PM
John McCain was what 5 years old when Adams took office?