PDA

View Full Version : At 8 pm tonight I am turning on all my lights...

TheHumanAlphabet
3/29/2008, 03:30 PM
and opening the blinds in response to the tree huggers (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/5658008.html).

I am still yet to be convinced this is nothing more than natural change in climate due to the variation of the solar radiation coming to earth. Now if you want to couch the arguement in that we should reuse to conserve resources or make better use of resources, fine. I would agree to that as I recycle what I can for that very reason. But don't deny me anything to an unproven and most likely junk science explanation.

TheBobbyTrain
3/29/2008, 03:49 PM
but we're polluting the earth SO much that the average temperature on MARS is going up too. damn pollution and man made global warming...

VeeJay
3/29/2008, 04:16 PM
I am guessing with all the lights out that the crime rate will go up for one night.

Chuck Bao
3/29/2008, 04:19 PM
Someone please explain to me how I can like follow this international phenom with all my electricity turned off?

Alright, someone please tell me when it's time to switch off my computer and then call me when I can turn it on again.

Widescreen
3/29/2008, 04:21 PM
klattnip

crawfish
3/29/2008, 05:41 PM
If the earth goes into another ice age, I'm coming over and kicking your ***.

BudSooner
3/29/2008, 05:43 PM
Heh, this and along with "Bio flex fuel vehicles are good for the enviroment" make me chuckle.

Meh, i'm planning on taking a **** somewhere around 8:30...and i'm gonna need the light on to wipe my ***.

OUT!

bonkuba
3/29/2008, 07:32 PM
and opening the blinds in response to the tree huggers (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/5658008.html).

I am still yet to be convinced this is nothing more than natural change in climate due to the variation of the solar radiation coming to earth. Now if you want to couch the arguement in that we should reuse to conserve resources or make better use of resources, fine. I would agree to that as I recycle what I can for that very reason. But don't deny me anything to an unproven and most likely junk science explanation.

I am typing this on my phone so please excuse any fat finger typos.....haha!!

Was watching the news the other day and a story came on that really made me laugh. Seems like these scientists spent a buhgillion dollars putting sensors all over the place in various oceans to prove that the oceans (therefore the climate) temperature is rising......

Well, over the past few years (not sure on the exact time) the temp has stayed pretty mug constant and in some cases went down......haha!! Their reply was the data needed more study.

StoopTroup
3/29/2008, 08:10 PM
Heh....

I love it when a plan doesn't come together....lol

StoopTroup
3/29/2008, 08:16 PM
I think there are things we can do.

Use as much Solar and Wind Power that we can.

I've seen some folks that are close to using algae as a bio-fuel stating that it's what most of the oil we use today came from and that all we need to do is figure a way to do the Earths job a little quicker.

I don't know if that is an answer to decreasing everyone's dependence on Foreign and domestic oil...but if it could...we should do it IMO.

CORNholio
3/29/2008, 08:36 PM

I've seen some folks that are close to using algae as a bio-fuel stating that it's what most of the oil we use today came from and that all we need to do is figure a way to do the Earths job a little quicker.

I don't know if that is an answer to decreasing everyone's dependence on Foreign and domestic oil...but if it could...we should do it IMO.

Oklahoma will crash and burn if we are not dependent on oil. I would rather not have a 2 million person line at the unemployment office. Just accept the 2 degree warm up and buy more shorts.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/29/2008, 08:42 PM

Like I said, I've got no problems with finding alternatives and using flourescent light bulbs (I do) and recycling and all the other things that are stated "good for the planet". The problem I have is the histeria surrounded by "global warming". This is pretty much junk science and AlGore is all about making millions off the carbon neutral payments. Known fact that the sun's output has diminished and we are in a solar minimum. Stating that human are causing global warming is unfounded and we don't know enough about the planet's climate to say definitively what is happneing. The models that are always offered are flawed and don't have all the input or equations.

Mjcpr
3/29/2008, 09:04 PM
Google has/had a cool contribution, if anyone saw it.

Newbomb Turk
3/29/2008, 09:04 PM
Google has/had a cool contribution, if anyone saw it.

I thought my browser was messed up. :O

StoopTroup
3/29/2008, 09:16 PM
Oklahoma will crash and burn if we are not dependent on oil. I would rather not have a 2 million person line at the unemployment office. Just accept the 2 degree warm up and buy more shorts.

Oklahoma crashed and burned because of oil a long time ago.

I don't believe the global warming stuff either.

This speculation on oil is why I'm pushing for alternatives.

Also...I do believe that one day we will need to find alternatives so now is as good a time to start as any IMO.

I've got plenty of shorts and a nice set of carhardts too...it is Oklahoma...you might need both in one day. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
3/30/2008, 02:20 AM
This is plan B from the people that brought us "Errbody don't buy gas on the same day"