PDA

View Full Version : Secondary

JLEW1818
3/28/2008, 10:19 PM
Talked to Lendy Holmes, he said he has been practicing at Free Safety. If this stays true would yall say Nic at SS, and Franks at one of the Cornerback positions? If so, who else?

So in that case lets hear the Secondary from you guys.

goingoneight
3/29/2008, 09:45 PM
CB Franks, Jackson
FS Holmes, SS Harris...

... seems about right for now with what we know experience-wise.

birddog
3/29/2008, 10:16 PM
OU defense steals show in spring scrimmage
Related Information

The Associated Press
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) _ Oklahoma's defense steals the show during the Sooners' first major scrimmage of the spring, keeping the offense out of the end zone and holding them to just 294 total yards.

Stoops singled out a pair of redshirt freshmen in the secondary, Sam Proctor and Desmond Jackson. Jackson had a team-high seven tackles on the day.

Quarterback Sam Bradford completed 8-of-16 passes for 104 yards with no interceptions.

The top rusher was true freshman Justin Johnson, who logged 17 rushes for 57 yards.

Several projected starters did not participate in the scrimmage while recovering from injuries. Among those were running back Chris Brown, defensive end Auston English, safety Nic Harris, receiver Manuel Johnson, linebacker Ryan Reynolds, offensive guard Duke Robinson and defensive end John Williams.

Rhino
3/30/2008, 01:54 AM
No way Holmes stays at FS when Harris comes back and with Sims coming in. Not to mention the play of Carter, Proctor and Jackson.

MojoRisen
3/30/2008, 09:20 AM
Brian Jackson was getting a lot of praise the last couple of years. I think he had a scope on his knee last year that slowed him down. He can play corner I believe.

Assuming Sims ins't ready to just step in and start, it could be Lendy, Nic at Saftey - Brian Jackson and Dom Franks at Corner.

Johnathon Nelson was supposed to be a burner but I have not heard much on him. I don't think he even redshirted.

CatfishSooner
3/30/2008, 10:38 AM
I think we're gonna be fine back there...;

JLEW1818
3/30/2008, 11:52 AM
I think we will be okay too. Whats the main differences between FS and SS, body wise? Lendy and Nic can play either or... ?

MojoRisen
3/30/2008, 11:59 AM
Typically the SS plays run stop strong side, I have heard that they are actually swaped here at OU. I am not positive or knowlegable in a disguised coverage though.

Nic harris is clearly a strong saftey that can run like a free saftey. Lendy can hit too but I would rather have Nic stopping the run personally. What is up with this new hibrid run stop rover position - mix between a line backer and a Saftey? Joeseph Iboyle would be a recruit along these lines.