PDA

View Full Version : Demond Parker youtube link?

Xstnlsooner
3/28/2008, 04:52 PM
how about it?

picasso
3/28/2008, 05:13 PM
never mind, we found it. oddly enough you have type in more than his nammen.

RedstickSooner
3/28/2008, 05:19 PM
Okay, Picasso, I don't normally engage in spelling smack -- but how did you go from "name" to "nammen"?

I'm just trying to envision the hand-slip / epileptic seizure that would result in that particular outcome. :)

ucosooner
3/28/2008, 05:25 PM
Namen is German. It could work.

soonerloyal
3/28/2008, 07:03 PM
Maybe I'm just easily impressed tonight, but this is a three-spew thread. Awesome.

Spek for each of you.

Civicus_Sooner
3/28/2008, 07:36 PM
Sooo, where's the link?

kelloggOUballa
3/28/2008, 08:14 PM
it's De'Mond Parker, that's why it didn't work.

Smellsofbourbon.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fu7sTSnRp3g

DP!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oc_TAY44IWg

Big Red Ron
3/28/2008, 08:47 PM
Easily my favorite OU RB.

Dude took a beating on that crappy rug we had back then.

KantoSooner
3/29/2008, 06:34 PM
Ha Ha!

Off the top of anyone's head, what was his 40 speed?
He had acceleration.

bri
3/29/2008, 08:10 PM
it's De'Mond Parker, that's why it didn't work.

Smellsofbourbon.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fu7sTSnRp3g

DP!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oc_TAY44IWg

That De'Mond video was sweet, but I had to quit watching halfway through because:

a) that infernal disco OU we had at midfield was killing my soul, as was
b) the fact that we lost almost every game in that clip. :mad:

OUmillenium
3/29/2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the link

Demond Parker was so fun to watch. Wish he would not have gotten hurt in the NFL. Even better, wish he would have stayed for Bobs 1st year, but who knew?

Big Red Ron
3/30/2008, 05:43 AM
Thanks for the link

Demond Parker was so fun to watch. Wish he would not have gotten hurt in the NFL. Even better, wish he would have stayed for Bobs 1st year, but who knew?
He couldn't, he thought "Boo" was going to be back the next year and blew off most of his classes the year before Bob. I can't say I blame him either.

starrca23
3/30/2008, 06:34 PM
A great Sooner no doubt. My favorite DP moment was with Green Bay though. When he scored a touchdown and started fanning his feet like they were on fire.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/31/2008, 05:14 PM
I have always wondered how good we would have been to have him as an additional threat in 99.

Wow. I had really forgotten how fast he was.

ultimatesooner1
3/31/2008, 07:38 PM
lol @ fuente running the option and the texas d falling for it

KingBarry
4/1/2008, 10:02 AM
I don't usually spend much time wishing that somebody had stayed another year, or had returned, or whatever. The team is who is on the field, and that's who I care about, otherwise wish 'em well and move on.

But with De'Mond, I just WISH he had come back. He may be the best back to be completely forgotten in OU history, and the reason is because great as he was, he just didn't win much. Just having had one more year, when at least he would have gotten to be part of a real team, and would have gotten him at least one bowl trip (if nothing else) would have added a lot of sparkle to his otherwise tarnished career. Just to be able to add playing for Bob Stoops would have been a nice line item on the old resume.

And I can't help but think that De'Mond in 99 could have made the difference in a game or two. Of course, he would have been catching passes in the Pirate O that Mike Leach ran, but he sure could have helped with running the clock (say at Notre Dame).

And look at how much Brandon Daniels improved with one yr under the Stoops regime.

C'est la vie, of course. But I just wish we could have seen Parker with one more year.

Though if what was post above is true, then he might have just been out Bob's back door along with Ahmed Kabba, et al.

primetime43
4/1/2008, 10:24 AM
I remember the game he had against Louisiville and Texas in '97. He was a special back. Wasn't James Allen the starter before Parker. Allen had a nice NFL career.

Salt City Sooner
4/1/2008, 10:44 AM
IMO, by FAR the biggest benefit to Parker (assuming he didn't get hurt during the season) coming back in '99 would've been that Q could've redshirted that year, & still been around in '03.

picasso
4/1/2008, 12:25 PM
okay, the reason this thread was started is that I spoke with Demond the other night at me health club. My wife attended high school with him and thought she recognized him. She was a year older and after mentioning him I too recognized the former Sooner great.

for an aside, the dude was running on the treadmill backwards and side to side. I didn't know you could do that!;)

bri
4/2/2008, 10:23 AM
De'Mond Parker is in OK Go? :D

pv5zWaTEVkI

Pricetag
4/2/2008, 12:56 PM
That De'Mond video was sweet, but I had to quit watching halfway through because:

a) that infernal disco OU we had at midfield was killing my soul, as was
b) the fact that we lost almost every game in that clip. :mad:
Too bad, there were a couple of clips from a Baylor game toward the end.

Civicus_Sooner
4/2/2008, 03:16 PM
okay, the reason this thread was started is that I spoke with Demond the other night at me health club. My wife attended high school with him and thought she recognized him. She was a year older and after mentioning him I too recognized the former Sooner great.

for an aside, the dude was running on the treadmill backwards and side to side. I didn't know you could do that!;)Does he still sutter or is it studder? Seems like I remember that that was one of the reason's he didn't get a lot of the pub he deserved back in the day.

mobilesteve
4/2/2008, 04:04 PM
I'm like everyone else and wished he stayed in 99 and we would have had Q in '03, but something tells me that he might not have made it under Stoops in terms of conditioning and going to class. There was an article no too long ago where he admitted leaving was a mistake. Also, would the coaches have let White throw as much in '03 as we did with Q? Who knows what would have changed.

OU4LIFE
4/4/2008, 10:20 AM
Easily my favorite OU RB.

really?

REALLY?

to each his own I suppose.

BoulderSooner79
4/4/2008, 12:24 PM
Watching the video, 2 things came to mind :
1) DeMarco Murray's running style looks similar to Parker's
2) Even though those were poor OU teams, the run blocking looked
very good compared to recent teams. Parker didn't do it on his own.

I wouldn't trade pass protection for run blocking because it's a passing game these days. But I think we could improve run blocking a bit w/o sacrificing pass protection.

OUbones
4/4/2008, 02:16 PM
The thing I remember about Demond was his start stop acceleration. The guy seemed to hit his full speed by his second step. OU/TX '97 he and Rickey Williams put on a clinic! Man if it wasn't for all those down fields "holds" by some recievers he could have easliy had 330-340 yard and we probably would have one the game.

Big Red Ron
4/4/2008, 08:12 PM
really?

REALLY?

to each his own I suppose.
Hey, he was the only exciting thing at OU during the depths of the Blake years. For that, I'll always have a special place in my Sooner heart for Mr. Parker.

If he would have had the exact same career under Stoops, he'd have been a first rounder.

KingBarry
6/11/2008, 04:14 AM
If he would have had the exact same career under Stoops, he'd have been a first rounder.

That's so very true, and that's why I'd've liked to see him in that one year under the Stoops regime. His OU career was just a shame.

Does anybody think we'll be seeing De'Mond show up on the OU sidelines, or speaking with the team, or is he too much associated with losing or whatever to be reconciled? Do we ever see "greats" from those schellenloser/blake teams coming back?