PDA

View Full Version : okay (oops) about the arcade game-limit deal

Partial Qualifier
3/28/2008, 12:36 PM
edit: I thought I posted this in the wrong board. Silly, I tell ya! NM = nevermind

But I do have a question, re: 10-game limit.. Do sponsors get unlimited access?

shaun4411
3/28/2008, 12:45 PM
what does NM mean?

Civicus_Sooner
3/28/2008, 12:46 PM
NM

Sooner_Bob
3/28/2008, 12:50 PM
question, re: 10-game limit.. Do sponsors get unlimited access?

nope

Partial Qualifier
3/28/2008, 12:54 PM
oh well :)

olevetonahill
3/28/2008, 12:59 PM
I dont what Yall are bitchin about . I get to play all i want .:P

Beano's Fourth Chin
3/28/2008, 01:02 PM
I have to go to a meeting, but I'll look at the session timeout when I get back. Are you setting the site to remember you or do you have to login every time you post?

Partial Qualifier
3/28/2008, 01:03 PM
To remember.

shaun4411
3/28/2008, 01:12 PM
ah, nevermind, makes sense.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/28/2008, 02:17 PM
I have to go to a meeting, but I'll look at the session timeout when I get back. Are you setting the site to remember you or do you have to login every time you post?
I don't know if this what you mean, but I get logged off every time I play Scrabble or Slingo Solitaire for more than about 10 minutes. jkm said it was my cookies setting, but I don't know how to fix that.

Partial Qualifier
3/28/2008, 02:26 PM
It's working now.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/28/2008, 02:27 PM
What's working now?

Beano's Fourth Chin
3/28/2008, 02:57 PM
Has anyone timed it? For sure it's 10 minutes? I don't expect you to have to do this, but if you already did time it, it would be helpful.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/28/2008, 03:42 PM
I'll time it this weekend sometime. I haven't been playing the games while I'm working. It may not be a good indicator, but I'll let you know how long I'm actually in the game.

def_lazer_fc
3/28/2008, 03:50 PM
I don't know if this what you mean, but I get logged off every time I play Scrabble or Slingo Solitaire for more than about 10 minutes. jkm said it was my cookies setting, but I don't know how to fix that.

if you are using I.E. it should be in internet options under 'tools'. you can turn down your security settings or just add soonerfans.com to your trusted sites. firefox is relatively the same, except you would be looking for just options under 'tools'.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/28/2008, 03:51 PM
edit: I thought I posted this in the wrong board. Silly, I tell ya! NM = nevermind

But I do have a question, re: 10-game limit.. Do sponsors get unlimited access?

sponsors will have unlimited access when i get the access thing working - others will have a set number of games they can play...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/28/2008, 03:52 PM
it isn't the wisest of ideas to trust sites that aren't https://

Partial Qualifier
3/28/2008, 05:03 PM
sponsors will have unlimited access when i get the access thing working - others will have a set number of games they can play...

Ah. I see.

So -- you offer this wicked-assed feature, inviting people to come - play - have fun, hey, it's all free! - and then as soon as we're HOOKED, you just yank the cord and tell us we'll have to PAY so we can continue playing games.. that's sorta what crack dealers do, isn't it?

(cool, lemme know where to sign up) :D

YEEHAW!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/28/2008, 10:35 PM
Has anyone timed it? For sure it's 10 minutes? I don't expect you to have to do this, but if you already did time it, it would be helpful.Actually it was more like 20 minutes just now. Then I got this message even though it showed I was logged in at the top:

The administrator has disabled viewing of the arcade for your member group. If you feel this is a mistake please PM an administrator and let them know.

It only happens when I play games. If I were to open another window for 20 minutes I could go back to the page I was previously viewing on this site.

OU-HSV
3/29/2008, 12:45 AM
Edit:question answered

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/29/2008, 01:41 AM
Actually it was more like 20 minutes just now. Then I got this message even though it showed I was logged in at the top:

The administrator has disabled viewing of the arcade for your member group. If you feel this is a mistake please PM an administrator and let them know.

It only happens when I play games. If I were to open another window for 20 minutes I could go back to the page I was previously viewing on this site.

the arcade seems to be choking on users with multiple usergroups even though you have access with both groups.