PDA

View Full Version : TE targets for 2009?

goingoneight
3/27/2008, 11:18 PM
Sorry, I'm not on any recruiting sites anymore... I assume we'll lose Gresham after 2008 (unfortunate, but you have to expect these things). Even if we keep him, we'll lose him and Eldridge in 2009/10. Seems like one of those areas we might be hot on the trail, am I right?

That, and of course LB and DB are going to be a need. I just had a thought today that we'll lose five OL to graduation, three WRs, possibly a TE early and DeMarco? That could be ugly. :eek: However, I don't think the sky is falling as we've got quite a few good ones in the WR up-and-coming and Stoops praises the young OL guys a lot. RB and QB look good for awhile, at least.

Anywho... TIA.

soonerfan28
3/28/2008, 08:30 AM
According to scout.com OU hasn't offered any of the TE's on the list yet, but here are 3 that are from Oklahoma.

Tracy Moore - Union, 6'3 205
Greg Brown - Bixby - 6'3 230
Gabe Ikard - OKC McGuinness - 6'4 250 (is also being looked at as a DE)

The Consumate Showman
3/28/2008, 08:52 AM
TE for '09 - Greg Brown - Bixby, Tracy Moore - Union, Jordan Najvar - Texas kid.

OL for 09 should something like - Good and Brandon rotating a bit at RT and Williams at LT, Habern at center (think Hanna is going to be pushed out by Ben), and Simmons and Stephenson at guards (with Hanna possibly moving here).

WR will be Pooh, Miller, Owens, Stradford, Caleb, Broyles, and Wilson...so we'll be pretty solid there. I think we could get a REAL diamond in the rough this year in a kid named Uzoma Nwachkwu (sp on last name?) out of Texas. Kid has awesome ability and I really have my fingers crossed for him to come here.

I don't think we'll lose a beat if and when DeMarco turns pro. Jermie, Chris, Bus1, and Mossis make us plenty deep there.

toast
3/28/2008, 02:49 PM
I think we could get a REAL diamond in the rough this year in a kid named Uzoma Nwachkwu (sp on last name?) out of Texas. Kid has awesome ability and I really have my fingers crossed for him to come here.

you might, BBS not so much.

snp
3/29/2008, 05:40 PM
Brown will commit soon as he has an offer in his hand. Wouldn't be surprised if we locked it after that.

soonerfan28
4/23/2008, 12:46 PM
Anyone else think that Ikard will be looked at as more of a TE now that we have Chaisson?

The Consumate Showman
4/28/2008, 10:05 AM
Anyone else think that Ikard will be looked at as more of a TE now that we have Chaisson?

From what I've heard, we might not even offer him.

boomersooner28
4/28/2008, 10:17 AM
A name you will get to know this year and he will probably be on campus for the next four years: Trent Ratterree. A walk-on last year out of Weatherford. Great athlete, great work ethic.

The Consumate Showman
4/28/2008, 11:59 AM
A name you will get to know this year and he will probably be on campus for the next four years: Trent Ratterree. A walk-on last year out of Weatherford. Great athlete, great work ethic.

Did he have a TD in one of the spring scrimmages? Thought it was him that looked good on the first scrimmage?

boomersooner28
4/28/2008, 05:06 PM
Yes...yes he did. His brother is a buddy of mine. ;)