PDA

View Full Version : I am going to be the 1st to admit it.....

soonervegas
3/27/2008, 05:25 PM
I like OU basketball just as much as OU Football. Neg me all you want.

I know there is about 2,500 other of you out there. Don't be afraid to come out of hiding.....

jccouger
3/27/2008, 05:35 PM
I'm not afraid!

I LOVE OU BASKETBALL! Spek to you!

badger
3/27/2008, 05:59 PM
What's wrong with liking OU basketball as much as OU football? It's not like they compete, right?

Now if you were to like, say, TEXAS basketball as much as OU football, then you might get some spek... green spek from Lid :D

SleestakSooner
3/27/2008, 06:09 PM
If it's a sport and the Sooners compete in it I am interested, moreso in Basketball, football and baseball but even golf, soccer, wrasslin, gymnastys ... you name it. :D

sooner2b09
3/27/2008, 06:30 PM
Right there with you pal, even though the atmosphere of the b-ball games doesn t match the football's. I still love it and follow it just as much as football. I just wish some of OUr other sooner friends would do the same.

birddog
3/27/2008, 06:46 PM
i've felt that way my whole life. it's good to be open-minded and have passion for your school.

OUSKINS
3/27/2008, 07:06 PM
I'll do one better, I like OU basketball MORE than OU football. Yes, it's true. And it's not an anti-football thing at all-- the NFL (and Redskins obviosuly) were my first love and I still consider the NFL my #1 sport as a fan.

I just enjoy college hoops more than college football. I think the season is more fun and you get a better gauge of what type of team you actually have. With football, you may only play 4-5 games in an ENTIRE season that really test you. And with the ridiculously flawed post-season system, I think it takes AWAY from the reg. season, contrary to popular opinion.

Here's the biggest thing-- losing in the NCAA Tourney is more painful than losing a Bowl Game (unless it's the NC Game). Like with the Fiesta Bowl this year-- let's take a month off from game action and then play a game where the winner gets????? The Fiesta Bowl Trophy? It all has such a consolation feel to me.

In basketball, everything you do is in order to keep playing....seeding in the Big 12, seeding in the tournament, etc. each win gets you closer....and if you make the Big Dance, you are in 100% control of your destiny-- and then it becomes a great ride for the fans.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/27/2008, 07:10 PM
Why would anyone neg you for liking basketball

william_brasky
3/27/2008, 08:47 PM
Why would anyone neg you for liking basketball

I'd neg him for licking basketball.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/27/2008, 09:17 PM
...I was the body double for Mark Wahlberg in Boogie Nights.

Truth had to come out eventually.

OKC-SLC
3/27/2008, 09:28 PM
I'd neg him for licking basketball.

or any ball, for that matter.

sooner2b09
3/27/2008, 10:05 PM
or any ball, for that matter.

Unless your a girl, in that case i give you spek :D

stoopified
3/27/2008, 11:16 PM
I have to admit I DO love OU hoops however I live, beathe,die with Sooner football.

goingoneight
3/28/2008, 01:31 AM
Does this thread mean you think Sooner fans like... pick and choose different teams from different associations depending on the sport? Srsly. NTTAWWT.

Me = SOONER fan. This means I'm always somewhat happy with a SOONER victory.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/28/2008, 09:00 AM
I seriously doubt your the first to admit it too boss...

starrca23
3/28/2008, 09:13 AM
Basketball...are we talking about basketball...basketball...it's basketball man!!!!

soonermix
3/28/2008, 10:35 AM
any Sooner victory is good times. but i am a fan of Sooner basketball in direct proportion to the amount of a fan i am of basketball. same with all of the sports.
nothing wrong with having a differing opinion than somebody else basketball needs fans too

starrca23
3/28/2008, 10:54 AM
As long as we are all agreed on the OU part it's all good.

adoniijahsooner
3/28/2008, 11:16 AM
I cried when We lost to kansas in the Final Four, but I didnt cry when miami beat us in the orange bowl, and I love sooner football more than basketball. Maybe because I knew miami would beat us, and I expected to beat Kansas. Really, does it matter as long as its the sooners.

Sooner24
3/28/2008, 02:56 PM
I like OU basketball just as much as OU Football. Neg me all you want.

I know there is about 2,500 other of you out there. Don't be afraid to come out of hiding.....

You are not even close to being first. I have said on here for years I prefer OU basketball more than the football. That's not to say I don't love the football but if I flat out had to chose it would be OU basketball (men & women).

OUstud
3/28/2008, 04:44 PM
I like OU! neg spek me all you want! :D

shaun4411
3/28/2008, 06:29 PM
i love watching both teams play. and i have absolutely no interest in basketball (college or nba) exceptwhen ou is playing.

Sooner24
3/28/2008, 08:34 PM
My first OU basketball game was in 1974 against Furman in the old fieldhouse when Alvin Adams was a jr. right before he went pro. Dean "The Dream" Blevins was a freshman on that team.

Just to show what kind of OU basketball fan I am I was in the stands, along with a few hundred of my close friends, when we lost to the Polar Bears of Ohio Northern in December of 1980.

I remember walking to the car after the game and all I could say was "We just got beat by a team called the Polar Bears".

I also remeber Billy Tubbs saying about half way through his first season. "This year we're going to run and shot. Next year we're going to run and score". Boy did he know what he was talking about.

Vegas Sooner
3/28/2008, 10:09 PM
was this thread started after a few Coors? Who wouldn't love OU Basketball??? I was raised on it?!?!?!

Collier11
3/28/2008, 10:31 PM
This was the first year since the final four season that I truly enjoyed the entire season

soonerguild
3/30/2008, 06:32 PM
I'll do you one better, I like OU baseball more than both. Now of course I live and die by football and basketball as well, but the maddest I have been as a Sooner was losing to rice after being 5 outs from Omaha.

But like has been said, as long as you get the OU right its all gravy. Now if more people would act on their passion and roll out to basketball and baseball games than life would be perfect.

Big series win for the baseball team this weekend over Baylor. The whorns are in town this next weekend, so lets roll out.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/30/2008, 10:26 PM
This was the first year since the final four season that I truly enjoyed the entire season

Because of what the team was able to overcome and the fact that we probably pretty much reached our potential this year I probably agree.

Of course expectations will be higher next year and should be.

As far as football/basketball I probably stress more and celebrate the success more in football but I get into both a lot. Probably spoiled by success a little but when we are a top 12-15 football team I'm a little disappointed but when we are a top 12-15 basketball team I'm excited.

Don't get into other sports like baseball as much. In fact I pulled against OU once in baseball. I had a good excuse though..I was the opposing pitcher. Only time I wasn't pleased when OU won.