PDA

View Full Version : It's late March, let's enjoy some of Mack's pearls.

XingTheRubicon
3/27/2008, 09:28 AM
...from his personal bio on his website.

The Longhorns have also extended their current streak of Top 13 finishes to eight, which is a UT record.

The Longhorns have claimed the Big 12 South Division title and played in the conference championship game in three of the last nine years.

Mack has attracted the top 10 crowds in UT history.
darrell's fans couldn't sit in the sky

maintaining a high level of achievement in the classroom and in the community. Eighty percent of his players at North Carolina received their degrees, and while he has maintained a similar pace at Texas, more than a third of his players at Texas have regularly earned 3.0 grade point averages

Ranked as No. 2 in the country as defending National Champions, Texas lost to No. 1 Ohio State in the second game of the year, but fought their way back to a No. 4 National ranking before an injury to quarterback Colt McCoy helped lead to narrow losses in the final two games of the regular season.

Brown’s squad has been the best in the country during the first decade of the 21st century.

Brown has brought enthusiasm back to the UT program while wowing everyone from recruits to supporters and alumni. His down-home wit and wisdom are clearly energetic, thoughtful, engaging and enthusiastic.

Texas also has re-established its home field advantage and, as a result, dominance under Brown.
just snapped a Big 12 home losing streak last year by beating Neb by 3

auto
3/27/2008, 09:58 AM
Ahhhh, Classics in waiting.

rainiersooner
3/27/2008, 10:53 AM
Wow, that's some pretty impressive equivocations and sophistry there. He should go into politics.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/27/2008, 11:49 AM
Here's one I just found...

Mack Brown is the National Hand Clapping Champion for the last 8 years. Due to this fact, the National Championship trophy was renamed the Brown Cup in honor of him.

:D

SoonerInLubbock
3/27/2008, 11:55 AM
I put this here because I don't have access to starting new threads yet. This one we all have herd about, but here is the update.

From media source ap: >>Sooner To Face Trial In Attack On Longhorn

(Oklahoma City, OK) -- An Oklahoma man accused of nearly castrating a University of Texas fan at an Oklahoma City bar and grill will face a trial by jury. Fifty-four-year-old Allen Michael Beckett has been charged with one felony count of aggravated assault for nearly severing the scrotum of UT fan Brian Thomas during an altercation in a Henry Hudson's Pub on June 17th of last year. Thomas required more than 60 stitches to close his wounds. Beckett claims he was merely defending himself against Thomas. He is due back in court on April 16th for a pre-trial conference.

If someone wants to start a thread on this one please do.

Octavian
3/27/2008, 12:44 PM
Brown’s squad has been the best in the country during the first decade of the 21st century.

according to who? :confused:

the #s dont back that up...nor does the trophy case

Jacie
3/27/2008, 04:00 PM

They conducted a fair and honest poll of the saxet student body and over 50% of them agreed that the whorns were the best team in the first decade of the century. The other student who was polled had no opinion.

The Maestro
3/27/2008, 04:16 PM
Mack has answered that for Chrissy three times.

Mack defended his hair-brained stepson on national T.V.

Mack thanks God daily for VY.

rainiersooner
3/27/2008, 05:43 PM
To qoute Jim Collins: "Good is the enemy of great." Never has a man illustrated that better than Clap Clown.

soonermix
3/27/2008, 05:59 PM

obviously he is refering to the 2005-2005 decade

sooneron
3/27/2008, 10:30 PM
I put this here because I don't have access to starting new threads yet. This one we all have herd about, but here is the update.

From media source ap: >>Sooner To Face Trial In Attack On Longhorn

(Oklahoma City, OK) -- An Oklahoma man accused of nearly castrating a University of Texas fan at an Oklahoma City bar and grill will face a trial by jury. Fifty-four-year-old Allen Michael Beckett has been charged with one felony count of aggravated assault for nearly severing the scrotum of UT fan Brian Thomas during an altercation in a Henry Hudson's Pub on June 17th of last year. Thomas required more than 60 stitches to close his wounds. Beckett claims he was merely defending himself against Thomas. He is due back in court on April 16th for a pre-trial conference.

If someone wants to start a thread on this one please do.
Well yeah, cuz that's news right there!

:les: JAPS BOMB PEARL HARBOR!!!

Animal Mother
3/28/2008, 09:51 AM
Mack has answered that for Chrissy three times.

Mack defended his hair-brained stepson on national T.V.

Mack thanks God daily for VY.

Daily as in all day everyday.

SOONERxWife73
3/28/2008, 10:45 AM
kinda like the hillary-bosnia recollection. the videos just don't support those claims ;)

soonerloyal
3/30/2008, 11:09 PM
My grandma always says when she sees Mack Brown: "That poor man's a legend in his own mind".

KantoSooner
3/31/2008, 12:26 AM
My grandpa always has a comment when he sees Mack,too.

But those comments are the type of thing that the mods would use to ban me from this erudite forum for approximately forever.

Kind of funny, though, to hear words like that coming out of a 96-year-old's mouth.