PDA

View Full Version : Juno

Norm In Norman
3/26/2008, 09:42 PM
What is up with this movie?

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/custom/20/1185620.jpg

I remember seeing a trailer and thinking "i need to see that!" Then I never really heard anything about it. There wasn't hardly any advertising for it. I noticed it's coming out on DVD in a couple of weeks and decided to look at it again. Check out these box office numbers:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/juno/numbers.php

It went from 413k it's first week up to it's high 15.7million it's 5th week. How weird is that? And it's grossed 141 million. And it has a 93% on rotten tomatoes. How the hell did I miss this one?

Another one I want to pick up in a few weeks, Sweeny Todd, only grossed 52 million and dropped off every week after it's release. It has a high rating on RT also.

Alvin and the chipmunks grossed 215 million. It was pretty much a downward spiral too. Go figure. it got like a 20 something on RT.

Anyway, I just thought you guys would like to know.

Norm In Norman
3/26/2008, 09:48 PM
I've waited an entire 5 minutes for no response. You guys suck. Well, time to go to bed.

yermom
3/26/2008, 09:49 PM
Juno was awesome. i'm pretty sure it's been mentioned lots on here (not to mention winning an Oscar and more nominations)

i got the Divx from joox a while ago... so i've seen it a couple times since i saw it in the theater :D

Norm In Norman
3/26/2008, 09:50 PM
I did a search on here and evidently can't work the new search because nothing came up.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/26/2008, 09:51 PM
The soundtrack's pretty good.

I just thought you'd like to know that.

BigRedJed
3/26/2008, 09:54 PM
I haven't seen the movie, but Ellen Page's turn on SNL made me want to. Does that help?

BigRedJed
3/26/2008, 09:55 PM
I've waited an entire 5 minutes for no response. You guys suck. Well, time to go to bed.
Dude, everybody's in the arcade playing Pop Ellen Page's Belly. If you ever posted here, you'd know that. Duh.

Norm In Norman
3/26/2008, 09:55 PM
It's got some Arrested Development guys, so it has to be good. Just like Alvin and the Chipmunks.

yermom
3/26/2008, 09:56 PM
I did a search on here and evidently can't work the new search because nothing came up.

http://www.google.com/search?q=juno+site%3Asoonerfans.com

:D

JohnnyMack
3/26/2008, 09:58 PM
I heard an interview with the precocious little turd that is the lead in that movie. I didn't care for her attitude at all.

Norm In Norman
3/26/2008, 09:59 PM
ARe you bagging on the built in search feature?

yermom
3/26/2008, 10:01 PM
yes?

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/26/2008, 10:02 PM
It's got some Arrested Development guys, so it has to be good. Just like Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Did you take The Boy to see Alvin?

:mad: DID YOU?!?!?! :mad:

JohnnyMack
3/26/2008, 10:03 PM
Awww hell.....

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/26/2008, 10:07 PM
You sassin' me, too?

crawfish
3/26/2008, 10:20 PM
It's a very good movie. The wife unit and I enjoyed it.

JohnnyMack
3/26/2008, 10:34 PM
You sassin' me, too?

Nope. Learned my lesson.

You are the sunshine of my life...

mynameisjoe
3/27/2008, 12:56 AM
I haven't seen the movie, but Ellen Page's turn on SNL made me want to. Does that help?

I thought she was pretty bad on SNL IMO.

I saw Juno over Christmas break and really enjoyed it. I went to the same school for awhile as Michael Cera, who stars opposite Ellen Page, outside of Toronto.

Rhino
3/27/2008, 01:27 AM
I thought she was awful on SNL too. And in most interviews I've seen.

But she was fantastic in Juno.

Okla-homey
3/27/2008, 06:21 AM
very good movie made for not a lot of money introducing a very accomplished and well-adjusted young lead...and it smuggled in a pro-life message to boot.

Heck, I even squirted a tear there in the end when they included a close-up of the note she left on the night she learned the prospective adoptive parents were splitting up.

RacerX
3/27/2008, 06:53 AM
very good movie made for not a lot of money introducing a very accomplished and well-adjusted young lead...and it smuggled in a pro-life message to boot.

Heck, I even squirted a tear there in the end when they included a close-up of the note she left on the night she learned the prospective adoptive parents were splitting up.

Nice spoiler there.

RacerX
3/27/2008, 06:55 AM
Alvin and the Chimpmunks was pretty good in a Josie and the *****cats kind of way.

yermom
3/27/2008, 07:12 AM

fixed that for you ;)

M
3/27/2008, 08:56 AM
It's really good. I could watch it over and over and still like it just as much as the first time.

Vanessa: Your parents are probably wondering where you are.
Juno: Nah... I mean, I'm already pregnant, so what other kind of shenanigans could I get into?

:)