PDA

View Full Version : Fire Merry Pole! Keep Chef Staple!

LoyalFan
3/25/2008, 11:29 PM
Well, it WAS a good game, but I so wanted to beyot Scroter Dome.

sigh...

LF

Curly Bill
3/26/2008, 07:52 AM
Had you been the one handling the ball in the last minute or two we might have beat them. :D

KingBarry
3/26/2008, 08:28 AM
Well, it WAS a good game, but I so wanted to beyot Scroter Dome.

sigh...

LF

That was a great game. They fought to the end. I have no complaints.

Nonetheless, three of the "Courtney years" are gone and we haven't sniffed a Final Four. That's a dissapointment no matter how you slice it.

NormanPride
3/26/2008, 09:32 AM
Having Stevenson handling the ball on our last possession was ridiculous. Who saw the turnover coming? I know I did. Man, if it wasn't for Courtney I don't think this team would have won a game.

soonervegas
3/26/2008, 09:58 AM
I am not a women's basketball fan, but there was nothing on last night so I took a peak. If I was the Paris twins I would be PO'd. I have never seen guards throw passes to people when they are totally covered. I was amazing. That team looks like it can shoot, play D, and have great interior people....but their guards passing skills are horrendous. They were turning the ball over 45 feet away from the basket......in multiple trips in a row.

fwsooner22
3/26/2008, 10:59 AM
Don't put the all the blame on the guards.....none of those girls have been taught to "come to the ball". There is very little movement in that offense and almost NO picking off the ball. We have ONE perimeter shooter and she is our point guard, which ultimately led to the turnover that ended the game. To me, there are coaching issues and (as with the men) you must have shooters and defenders. They are NOT that good. I wish they were.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/26/2008, 11:16 AM
Had you been the one handling the ball in the last minute or two we might have beat them. :D

You know for the lateness of the game and its import, that was some sloppy ball handling in OT.

thedeanisin
3/26/2008, 01:22 PM
Having Stevenson handling the ball on our last possession was ridiculous. Who saw the turnover coming? I know I did. Man, if it wasn't for Courtney I don't think this team would have won a game.

Oh please, don't remind me. When she got the ball, I covered my eyes and said out loud "don't give the ball to her". I no more and got that said and my husband said, "really, she just threw it away". :(

Remembering Tom Stidham
3/26/2008, 04:12 PM
I thought I knew something about basketball. But TWENTY FOUR turnovers? I have never understood why Sherri's teams are so careless with the ball. We probably lead the league in that area.

badger
3/26/2008, 08:08 PM
I wonder how the teams would change if Geoff K-Pro and Cherry Kohl switched up...

Prediction: Men and women would play better :D