PDA

View Full Version : Bricktown recommendations?

proud gonzo
3/25/2008, 07:13 PM
i'm going with a group of my friends to Maker's this weekend for a friend's birthday, but we're looking for somewhere affordable to have dinner beforehand. The current suggestions are coach's, tapwerks, or bricktown brewery. Anybody have opinions on those?

already crossed off the list:
Zio's
Mickey Mantle's
The Mantel
Abuelo's
Hooters
Pearl's

shaun4411
3/25/2008, 07:15 PM
so you crossed the good food off the list in lieu of places that mainly serve alcoholic beverages? when thinking about dinner, the brewery and tapwerks dont readily come to mind.

M
3/25/2008, 07:15 PM
Tapwerks and Bricktown Brewery food is horrible, IMO. Perhaps Bricktown Burgers or Falcone's?

tommieharris91
3/25/2008, 07:16 PM
Bricktown Brewery is a pretty good place to eat, but it is pretty much the definition of a sports bar. More of a place to go to watch a game instead of celebrate a birthday IMO. Now that I remember, the service wasn't all that good there the last time I went.

proud gonzo
3/25/2008, 07:19 PM
the birthday's just an excuse. we're not really going to celebrate, just to have dinner, then to maker's for drinks.

PrideTrombone
3/25/2008, 07:26 PM
Falcone's is really good.

Make sure you don't drop $80 like I did the last time I went to Maker's. :)

shaun4411
3/25/2008, 07:39 PM
ive never heard of makers. what is it?

by the way, if youre going on a good night of drinking, and planning to enjoy yourself, plan for $100 and just enjoy yourself.

proud gonzo
3/25/2008, 07:44 PM
i'm a cute chick and my birthday's next week. I'm not planning on spending anything on drinks. :D

King Crimson
3/25/2008, 07:45 PM
hubba hubba hubba

Soonerus
3/25/2008, 08:00 PM
Deep Deuce Grill...perfect....

OU-HSV
3/25/2008, 08:03 PM
Coaches is pretty good, and cool atmosphere. Got a cool view of the baseball stadium from the restaurant too. A couple buddies and I started our night out there a couple of months ago when we made a trip to OKC. Their pizza is pretty dang good. Tapwerks is a fun place to hang out and drink, not sure about their food though. Those are the 2 that I vote for...coaches for eating and tapwerks for drinking.

Edit: and someone help me out, whats the name of that mexican rest. in bricktown that's really good?? (I mean besides Abuelos)

r5TPsooner
3/25/2008, 08:03 PM
i'm going with a group of my friends are going to Maker's this weekend for a friend's birthday, but we're looking for somewhere affordable to have dinner beforehand. The current suggestions are coach's, tapwerks, or bricktown brewery. Anybody have opinions on those?

already crossed off the list:
Zio's
Mickey Mantle's
The Mantel
Abuelo's
Hooters
Pearl's

Mickey Mantle's isn't what I'd call affordable and the food isn't that great either. The bar is kick azz though.

If you do go to Mickey's I'd suggest the sea bass.

Abuelo's is aveage, ZIO'S is affordable and pretty good.

Pearl's is solid.

Hooter's, it is what it is.

The Mantel is pretty good but pricey.

Sooner_Havok
3/25/2008, 08:10 PM
Edit: and someone help me out, whats the name of that mexican rest. in bricktown that's really good?? (I mean besides Abuelos)

Chelino's?? I think it is pretty good.

Edit: bourbon street cafe is pretty good too

proud gonzo
3/25/2008, 08:12 PM
Mickey Mantle's isn't what I'd call affordable and the food isn't that great either. The bar is kick azz though.

If you do go to Mickey's I'd suggest the sea bass.

Abuelo's is aveage, ZIO'S is affordable and pretty good.

Pearl's is solid.

Hooter's, it is what it is.

The Mantel is pretty good but pricey.yeah, we already decided against all of those ;)

Soonerus
3/25/2008, 08:14 PM
yeah, we already decided against all of those ;)

Try Deep Deuce, two blocks off of Bricktown...great place and very reasonably priced...

Sooner_Havok
3/25/2008, 08:16 PM
Try Deep Deuce, two blocks off of Bricktown...great place and very reasonably priced...

You keep pushing that. You part owner or something? :D

proud gonzo
3/25/2008, 08:16 PM
I think i might have been there once before.

Soonerus
3/25/2008, 08:17 PM
You keep pushing that. You part owner or something? :D

No, it is just a good place...a lot of downtown professionals gravitate to Deep Deuce after work...

Sooner_Havok
3/25/2008, 08:21 PM
I don't like downtown professionals!

proud gonzo
3/25/2008, 08:23 PM
another thing to consider--there will be 8 of us, and we like to talk.

Sooner_Havok
3/25/2008, 08:30 PM
another thing to consider--there will be 8 of us, and we like to talk.

Falcone's then. If you don't mind the informal atmosphere.

Chelino's could still work, it has a nice outside patio overlooking the canal.

OU-HSV
3/25/2008, 08:40 PM
Chelino's?? I think it is pretty good.

Edit: bourbon street cafe is pretty good too

Yes, yes, yes. That's it. Man I can't believe I couldn't remember that. Thanks

Sooner_Havok
3/25/2008, 08:43 PM
Yes, yes, yes. That's it. Man I can't believe I couldn't remember that. Thanks

No problem. Yeah I love that place. My buddy doesn't care for it, but I think it is pretty dern good:texan:

dw17
3/25/2008, 09:35 PM
Falcone's

Pretty solid food and great hang out and talk atmosphere.

shaun4411
3/25/2008, 09:38 PM
falcones is good, and the owner is a really nice guy. the chelinos downtown, to me, is a massive disappointment.

OU-HSV
3/25/2008, 09:59 PM
No problem. Yeah I love that place. My buddy doesn't care for it, but I think it is pretty dern good:texan:

I ate there once a long time ago. I recall it was pretty damn good

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/25/2008, 11:33 PM
Deep Deuce is actually a good suggestion. If it's nice you could probably get patio seating.

Jimminy Crimson
3/26/2008, 12:47 AM
Another plug for Deep Deuce Grill. Falcone's isn't a bad choice, either.

Avoid the Bricktown Chelino's like the plague. It puts the hor in horrible. If you want Chelino's, S 42nd & Robinson is the ticket.

If you're not opposed to something out of Bricktown, Trattoria Il Centro on Main & Walker is muy delicioso.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/26/2008, 08:40 AM
Waffle House off of 40...great atmosphere and a jukebox

Mjcpr
3/26/2008, 08:45 AM
Do you really want to eat at a place named Deep **** Grill?

Other names considered but rejected: Squirts, Trots, Logs and Cosby Kids.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/26/2008, 08:58 AM
Taking the Browns to the Superbowl Grill

Taxman71
3/26/2008, 09:09 AM
For a group of that size, Deep Deuce will only work if you sit on the patio as it is tiny inside. But they have great food and drink and it feels like a lower Greenville-Dallas type of place. Chelinos is alright if on the patio, but the food and service at the bricktown location don't do the other Chelinos places justice. Horrid service. Abuelos is a great place for a large group as they have lots of room and good food. Coach's is good yet very casual with slow/bad service. Not a fan of Bricktown Brewery for anything but drinking. I love the food at Bourbon Street, though it is pricier than Coach's, Zios, Abuelos, etc. Haven't been to the fondue place in bricktown yet.

C&CDean
3/26/2008, 09:09 AM
By "Pearl's" are y'all talking about Crabtown? Cause it pretty much sucks.

I like Pearl's Lakeside and the one on 240 pretty good, but Crabtown is always a disappointment.

Me and momma have done this a few times over the past month or so. Go to Mickey Mantle's for the Friday night happy hour. Since you're cute, and it's your birthday, you're right, you won't have to pay for drinks, and they have some pretty decent happy hour grub that's free. They've usually got chicken strips, veggies, cheese tray, egg rolls, beef tips, etc. If you're a poor college student it's perfect. Also, I'm pretty sure the bottled domestic beer is cheap during happy hour.

Deep Deuce is really pretty good and not too expensive. A hell of a lot better than all the Tapwerks/etc. places. And if you're dead set on going to Maker's, be prepared to smell like *** after you come out of that place.

proud gonzo
3/26/2008, 09:12 AM
oh, i know it's gonna be smokey. That will suck. I don't really care about Maker's but about 6 other people all wanted to go, so i'm not going to argue. Unfortunately, they all REALLY want to go there, but none of them ever go to Bricktown so they don't know much about any of the places. So they probably won't listen to me anyway. :O :rolleyes:

C&CDean
3/26/2008, 09:14 AM
Oh. So what you're saying is that we embarked on this tedious research project and report for no ****ing reason? A pox upon thee.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/26/2008, 09:26 AM
Mickey Mantle's has good steaks. Mrs. THA and I weekended at the Skirvin last weekend and the Park Ave. Grill in the Skirvin was good. At all costs stay away from Red Prime Steak house. Sucks to high heaven. They burned two of Mrs. THAs $43 steaks and the food was incredibly bad. The garish red neon lights and concrete wall echoes didn't help much either.

proud gonzo
3/26/2008, 09:28 AM
Oh. So what you're saying is that we embarked on this tedious research project and report for no ****ing reason? A pox upon thee.
basically. ;)

SoonerInKCMO
3/26/2008, 09:32 AM
Another good thing about Deep Deuce is that it's smoke-free - maybe you'll get your friends too liquored up to make it to Maker's and you won't end up smelling like ***. Of course, it is smaller so there might be fewer suckers... uh... nice guys to buy your drinks.

frankensooner
3/26/2008, 09:39 AM
No one will buy you drinks at Chelinos, but they have some strong margaritas. Be sure to order a large if you go there. The Fondue place is cool, but it is like 50 bucks a person to go all out and it takes 3 hours to eat.

Coaches is pretty cool. I like their beer and pizza. Don't go to Toby Keith's. Stay away from Stumpys, no matter how much BRJ sells it! ;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/26/2008, 09:46 AM
I love going to MM's for Happy Hour. We should get a SF group to go there sometime.