by Barack Obama

I'm in the 2 chapter.

So far...he's a pretty good writer IMO.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/25/2008, 10:41 AM
You might thank the ghost writer...

sooner_born_1960
3/25/2008, 10:43 AM
With a good editor, Delomite could sound intelligent.

Just funnin' ya, Doleo.

JohnnyMack
3/25/2008, 10:47 AM
You might thank the ghost writer...

Proof? Link? Evidence?

Got any?

dolemitesooner
3/25/2008, 03:25 PM
With a good editor, Delomite could sound intelligent.

Just funnin' ya, Doleo.Ohh your fine.

Its a great read. I am reading "Audacity of hope" now

TheHumanAlphabet
3/26/2008, 09:18 AM
Proof? Link? Evidence?

Got any?

No, why so testy? Most books of this type all have a ghost writers, industry standard and all. Otherwise, these people's schedules would prevent a book from coming forward in a timely fashion. Ask Hillary and her village...and just about every other public figure book written in the "first person" in the past 10 years.

JohnnyMack
3/26/2008, 09:32 AM
I'm not testy, it's just that he wrote that book back in tha day before he was even an Illinois STATE Senator. He wasn't that far out of Law School at that point. Don't imagine he was able to (or was so busy as to need to) hire a ghostwriter.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/26/2008, 11:15 AM
Well if so, mea culpa...

Interesting that he wrote a tome like that when he did. Must have planned this whole process all along...

I couldn't foresee me penning something like that for sake of the effort, a) no interest in a guy like me and b) I was too busy planning my career and working my arse off to get ahead.

SCOUT
3/26/2008, 11:40 AM
I am not a supporter of BHO, but I have looked into reading his book. I found an interesting article on the ghostwriter subject. (It's actually a blog about an article :) )

Obama wrote his own book. Period. Again, from Zengerle’s article:

Obama’s literary efforts, in contrast to Hillary’s at least, are an open book. As a relatively unknown young lawyer with a smallish book advance, Obama obviously couldn’t afford a ghostwriter for his 1995 memoir Dreams From My Father, so he wrote the book himself….I called Henry Ferris, who was Obama’s editor on Dreams, to ask him how many of the words in that book were Obama’s….Ferris was absolutely adamant about one thing: “He wrote it completely and totally all by himself,” Ferris said. “No one helped him.” He added, “The manuscript needed shaping and focus, it needed editing, a lot of which he did based on suggestions I made. He was a terrific writer, a great stylist.”

For his second book, The Audacity of Hope, Obama’s editor was Rachel Klayman, who had this to say (quoted by Zengerle):

As for what Obama sent in, Klayman said, “I’ve never worked with any other writer who needed less line editing than he did. That’s how clean his writing is. That doesn’t mean we didn’t do some editing. I did a lot of different things. But he’s sort of a self-editing phenomenon. Sometimes my role was to stand back and watch him edit himself.” She added, “Working with him was so much like working with someone whose day job is being a writer. He is a writer as far as I’m concerned. [Slate editor-in-chief] Jacob Weisberg said he’s more like a writer who became a politician than a politician who became a writer.”
http://blog.sustainablemiddleclass.com/?tag=dreams-from-my-father

Frozen Sooner
3/26/2008, 11:44 AM
Well, it's not really surprising that the former editor of the Harvard Law Review can probably write. :D

StoopTroup
3/26/2008, 11:54 AM
Well, it's not really surprising that the former editor of the Harvard Law Review can probably write. :D

Exactly.

JohnnyMack
3/26/2008, 12:34 PM
Well if so, mea culpa...

Interesting that he wrote a tome like that when he did. Must have planned this whole process all along...

I couldn't foresee me penning something like that for sake of the effort, a) no interest in a guy like me and b) I was too busy planning my career and working my arse off to get ahead.

You have to admit (all politics aside) that his story is interesting at least. Considering his heritage, his upbringing and where he landed it's a fairly remarkable story.

StoopTroup
3/26/2008, 12:50 PM
You have to admit (all politics aside) that his story is interesting at least. Considering his heritage, his upbringing and where he landed it's a fairly remarkable story.

I had no idea about the part where they moved to Indonesia and the pet monkey.

dolemitesooner
3/26/2008, 12:54 PM
I'm not testy, it's just that he wrote that book back in tha day before he was even an Illinois STATE Senator. He wasn't that far out of Law School at that point. Don't imagine he was able to (or was so busy as to need to) hire a ghostwriter.
He had no job when he started writing it. He was fresh out of collage

JohnnyMack
3/26/2008, 12:55 PM
I had no idea about the part where they moved to Indonesia and the pet monkey.

You're getting the book confused with Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom again you 'tard.

Frozen Sooner
3/27/2008, 12:06 AM
I should go pick this up. I read The Audacity of Hope and found it very good.

Tulsa_Fireman
3/27/2008, 12:09 AM
My favorite part is when he shot Neidermeyer's horse in Dean Wormer's office.