PDA

View Full Version : The Next Bo Jackson?

IowaSooner26
3/24/2008, 03:02 PM
http://machochip.com/2008/03/tecmo-bowl-is-back-from-the-gr.php

There is mention of Tecmo Bowl being remade for the Wii and DS so this blog breaks down who could be the Bo Jackson (the unstoppable) in the remake. Personally Adrian was the first person that came to my mind the way he runs over and around people.

bstuff1979
3/24/2008, 03:45 PM
AD is a no brainer, but the unstoppable video fb guy is going to be the mobile-qb. Doesn't matter who it is, as long as he's fast. There's a giant disconnect between the guys that make videogames and the structure/x's&o's/reality of how defense works in football. Seems they missed the part where the ends contain and the secondary (when playing zone) reacts when the qb leaves the pocket and any one of the lineman move beyond the line of scrimmage. I'm not much on video games aside from football, but it really urks me when I play a game online and some 10 yr old kid whips my butt with a fast qb.

Collier11
3/24/2008, 04:11 PM
the world is right again!

SoonerInLubbock
3/24/2008, 04:12 PM
"Adrian Peterson (MIN): Dubbed Purple Jesus by the masses, this second-year player appropriately leads this day-after Easter post about the resurrection of Tecmo Bowl. The only problem is that he’s too fragile, a trait that dates back to his days at Oklahoma. We’re afraid that if one electronic cutback and we see the digital ambulance".

Recovering in a timely fashion this year from injury and destroying the competition in the pro bowl (not to mention all the yard this year) aparently doesn't mean much these days. I'm happy to see that he made it to the top of the list. But at some point people need to stop trying to jinx our boy with talk of injury. He's gonna be well into his fifth season and people will prob still be predicting injury. Go get some AD!!!!

Pricetag
3/25/2008, 12:15 PM
Man, I really hope we see this game on the DS. I've thought all along that it would be the perfect system for the game, since it's not as powerful and would not tempt the developers to mess with the game just because they can.

r5TPsooner
3/25/2008, 12:18 PM
I sure hope that AD has a longer lasting, healthier career than Bo had. That guy was a monster to watch in the short time that he played.

mynameisjoe
3/25/2008, 04:06 PM
Haha, I love the Reggie Bush video on that page.

OUstud
3/25/2008, 04:45 PM
Christian Okoye>Bo Jackson. (at least on Tecmo Super Bowl)

Taxman71
3/25/2008, 04:58 PM
Iron Hayward was the best kick returner of all time (Super Tecmo Bowl). Next to Bo Jackson, Randall Cunningham was pretty tough to stop on the rollout keepers.

AllAboutThe'O'
3/25/2008, 08:36 PM
Next to Bo Jackson, Randall Cunningham was pretty tough to stop on the rollout keepers.
Don't you mean QB Eagles?:D

soonerinabilene
3/25/2008, 09:52 PM
Payton>Jackson on tecmo bowl. On STB, the cowboys were unstoppable with Emmitt.

Blue
3/25/2008, 10:16 PM
Megget and Anderson. Best 1-2 punch.

Taxman71
3/26/2008, 06:06 AM
Don't you mean QB Eagles?:D

Good catch.

Pricetag
3/26/2008, 09:41 AM
Megget and Anderson. Best 1-2 punch.
Friggin' Dave Meggett. Dude would make you sweat on every play on defense.

EA Sports has the exclusive license for the NFL, NCAA, and even Arena Football. Whoever is the stud player on this next game, he'll be fictional. If I was Tecmo, I'd rename it Tecmo Custom Bowl (either that, or just call it TSB, since I'm sure they can't use the words "super" and "bowl" together in the title, and so many long-time players call it TSB anyway). I'd open up everything in the game to editing by the user--from player names and vital statistics, to team names, colors, logos, and even league structure. If they can't give us real teams and players, they just ought to let us go crazy with the game. As long as the game play remains classic Tecmo.

Taxman71
3/26/2008, 10:53 AM
Don't forget that LT for the Giants was basically unblockable on field goals, PATs and about every defensive play in the game.

Pricetag
3/26/2008, 12:23 PM
Don't forget that LT for the Giants was basically unblockable on field goals, PATs and about every defensive play in the game.
The Giants got to play Phoenix twice in the season, as well. Their playbook was ridiculous--you could read all the plays because of all the motion and play action, and you could rack up the sacks with LT because of it. It was easy to get more than 100 sacks in a season with him.

Taxman71
3/26/2008, 01:48 PM
TSB is still the best video game ever made, regardless of newer technology (with GTA: Vice City very close). The only flaw was the ridiculous 108 yard TD pass which the Giants, Oilers and 49ers were known for. I think we banned those teams because it was too easy to run back to the endzone and heave a bomb for a TD.

soonermix
3/26/2008, 02:42 PM
Bo Jackson was not unstoppable in techmo bowl. all you had to do is pick run1 the whole game, especially with the bears defense.
it was marcus allen that gave me the most headaches.

Pricetag
5/2/2008, 05:49 PM
If I was Tecmo, I'd rename it Tecmo Custom Bowl (either that, or just call it TSB, since I'm sure they can't use the words "super" and "bowl" together in the title, and so many long-time players call it TSB anyway). I'd open up everything in the game to editing by the user--from player names and vital statistics, to team names, colors, logos, and even league structure. If they can't give us real teams and players, they just ought to let us go crazy with the game. As long as the game play remains classic Tecmo.
Looks like I made the call, or at least most of the call. Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff is coming to the Nintendo DS this year. The only thing that I mentioned that they aren't letting the user edit is the league structure. I can't wait!

Taxman71
5/5/2008, 02:20 PM
So, is this the Wii version of the original Tecmo Bowl or Tecmo Super Bowl? Big difference........

soonerfan28
5/5/2008, 02:31 PM
I guess we can comfortably say that Benson isn't the next Bo Jackson.

Pricetag
5/6/2008, 08:31 AM
So, is this the Wii version of the original Tecmo Bowl or Tecmo Super Bowl? Big difference........
Actually, the game is appearing on Nintendo DS.

I think it is going to be Tecmo Super Bowl style. The press release said that the game is not a port, but that it will be based on "the most popular version" of the game. That leads me to believe that it will be based on either the NES or SNES version of TSB.

I don't think they could get by with an original Tecmo Bowl type game these days. A lot of folks will be peeved by the lack of NFL licensing. To only have eight guys on the field for each team and four plays, no stats, etc. would do the game in for sure. With no license, they'll really have to bring it in the areas that they can. I just hope the game plays and feels like the older versions.