PDA

View Full Version : Tejas Spring Game

RedstickSooner
3/24/2008, 07:32 AM
So, I was searching around for my football fix, and came across a listing for Tejas' spring game on FSN. There any particular reason why the shorthorns managed to snag coverage and we didn't?

Surely they aren't a bigger ratings draw than we are? That'd make me want to vomit a little.

auto
3/24/2008, 08:02 AM
Our game was on last year.

CincySooner
3/24/2008, 08:15 AM
Our game was on last year.

and the year before

mobilesteve
3/24/2008, 09:40 AM
I think it was up to Stoops if he wanted to move the date to accomadate ESPN, which we have done the last couple of years, and he didn't want to. So I don't think it's a rating issue, notice Texas is on FSN, where as ours would have been on ESPN. We just chose not to.

MamaMia
3/24/2008, 10:15 AM
It doesn't bother me one bit. When it comes to exposure, sometimes less is more.

AlbqSooner
3/24/2008, 07:28 PM
It doesn't bother me one bit. When it comes to exposure, sometimes less is more.

Yeah, that's just the line most flashers use.:D

IronSooner
3/24/2008, 08:20 PM
I'd rather it not be on tv and get a bigger crowd. Been kinda lame the last couple years with people staying home to watch it on tv and do other things.

RedstickSooner
3/24/2008, 08:40 PM
I hadn't heard anything on Stoops deciding not to move to accomodate ESPN. For us out of towners, it's a drag, even though I sorta figured I was getting spoiled the past few seasons being able to watch it on ESPN.

Does this mean the shorthorns adjusted their schedule to accomodate FSN? Because, if not, then I certainly wouldn't have minded us making a deal with FSN instead of ESPN, so it'd make it on TV.

But, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter all that much. The spring game, while nice, is still mighty thin gruel to get a feller through 'til kickoff.

goingoneight
3/24/2008, 09:45 PM
OU needs to earn some credibility back... or else they're just another 11-12 game winnar every year who "can't win the big one" ala Georgia. Nothing against UGA, but notice how they're one of the most consistently dominant teams in the country and no one realized it until late last season?

Until we shock the world and do something more than just winning the conference again, we're going to play second fiddle to the media flavor of the week.

I'm so blank on what's going to happen this year. The last time we got spanked in the BCS it took us about three years to get back in shape. We lost just enough playmakers to spell disaster... so I can see why Stoops doesn't want ESPN interviewing and spot-lighting everyone this spring. It just seems like we have this dark cloud over OUr heads, so maybe the no TV Red-White game is going to be a step in the right direction... especially since we're missing more than half of last year's team this spring it seems.

fossil
3/29/2008, 03:58 PM
I watched the Texas Spring Game thingy just long enough to throw up in my mouth today.

I don't care what anybody says, burnt orange is still the ugliest damned color in the world. Almost makes me ill just to look at it.

utex74
3/29/2008, 09:47 PM
The spring schedule was announced months ago. I have no idea if FSN televising the scrimmage had anything to do with it but I doubt it. Public spring games are overrated. All of the practices are closed and they are not going to come out and do anything other than plain vanilla when they let the public in. About the only thing you can see is where the personnel have been moved around to and hope to get through it without getting someone hurt.

It's just a showcase for the fans. The real work was done during the closed practices. I have no idea what kind of team we will be this year. I do know after working in OKC for the past two years I will look forward to keeping up with everything now that I am back in Austin.

swardboy
4/1/2008, 08:41 AM
At least last year's OU spring game introduced us to DeMarco....in a great way!!!!!

goingoneight
4/1/2008, 10:44 PM
Who says? He only carried the ball four times...
... for over 120 yards. :D

soonerloyal
4/5/2008, 12:39 AM
OU needs to earn some credibility back... or else they're just another 11-12 game winnar every year who "can't win the big one" ala Georgia. Nothing against UGA, but notice how they're one of the most consistently dominant teams in the country and no one realized it until late last season?

Until we shock the world and do something more than just winning the conference again, we're going to play second fiddle to the media flavor of the week.

I'm so blank on what's going to happen this year. The last time we got spanked in the BCS it took us about three years to get back in shape. We lost just enough playmakers to spell disaster... so I can see why Stoops doesn't want ESPN interviewing and spot-lighting everyone this spring. It just seems like we have this dark cloud over OUr heads, so maybe the no TV Red-White game is going to be a step in the right direction... especially since we're missing more than half of last year's team this spring it seems.

It pains me to say this (not because I'd normally disagree with the poster), but he's right. When we stop losing the fricking last BCS game of our season, the press will stop hatin' so much.

Yeah riiiiiight. Stupid stinkin' hater reporters.

Dammit.