PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Are In Order

SleestakSooner
3/23/2008, 06:58 PM
Although today's outcome was about the worst possible, this year's Sooner team played way beyond anyone's expectations.

Congratulations on a really good season.

To outgoing seniors Longar Longar and David Godbold, thanks for giving us a lot of great performances and memorable shots. They are both classy young men and deserve the respect of all Sooner fans.

To Coach Capel, thanks for bringing OU hoops back to where it belongs and we are looking forward to an even better season next year and beyond!

BOOMER!

joeTsooner
3/23/2008, 07:11 PM
Sooner!

We had a good run, and a good point to build on. Next year with Griffins, Warren that UCLA transfer, Crocker, and co. should be a good one!

boomersooner28
3/23/2008, 07:17 PM
Program is definitely on the up and up....the right way. We have to do everything in our power to keep Capel.

GREAT SEASON SOONERS!

stoopified
3/23/2008, 07:25 PM
I second !Capel squeezed everything out of this team.We ended up with exactly my best-case scenario record wise.I have to admit there were a few surprises though,I thought we would beat SFA and lose to WV for example.In conference I thought we would stumble once at home and take two on the road(oddly enough I thought CU,NU were OUr most likely wins).

As for OUr seniors Godbold and Longar,you gotta love him.With David scoring 15 today he and L2 both finish their careers with 1000 + points(actually Godbold has 1000 even if my numbers are right).L2 got better each year,especailly his last two . I his senior year L2 showed a lot of heart playing hard and playing hurt.Weight bearing bone or not I challende anyone to run up and down the court on a broken leg,especially game after game.Longar Longar is a warrior and a winner.David was pretty dependable every year,never a big scoring threat but often a clutch one.David was a true glue guy,playing tough D and getting steals,rebounds,making passes and playing hard.Neither were GREAT players but I will miss them both. All in all I think it was a very good year and a lauching pad for Capel's program.

Big Red Ron
3/23/2008, 07:31 PM
Here, here.

Flying Scotsman
3/23/2008, 07:37 PM
Ditto! Good year chaps!! Better than those up north who shall remain nameless..

badger
3/23/2008, 07:48 PM
Congrats to David Godbold for having a career day when it mattered most - in the first round of the tourney against a tough St. Joe's.

Congrats to Longar Longar for improving greatly over his last few seasons compared to where he began.

Congrats to Blake Griffin for having an lottery worthy season, but please return for another :)

And to the rest of the team and Coach Capel, for exceeding expectations and raising expectations for next season.

Boomer!

SoonerMom2
3/23/2008, 07:50 PM
I second the above comments. Great way to start the turnaround for the Sooner Basketball program under the leadership of Coach Capel. Looking forward to next season!

AllAboutThe'O'
3/23/2008, 08:02 PM
Losing in the second round of the NCAAs, albeit by 30 points, is still better than staying home or even playing in the Not Invited Tournament. Today aside, it was still a good season; they played far above my preseason expectations and I'm just waiting to hear the official word that Blake is coming back next year.

SleestakSooner
3/23/2008, 09:00 PM
bumpy

colinreturn
3/23/2008, 09:23 PM
two words.

Willie.
Warren.

GottaHavePride
3/23/2008, 09:25 PM
Two more words:

Wesley.
Willis.

Blue
3/23/2008, 09:25 PM
Proud of Capel and the guys.

BUT. We need players. This mediocre stuff doesn't cut it in Soonerland. What do we need? A team that makes us all forget about Mookie, Harvey, Stacey, Rickey, and Dave.

Recruit damnit! Recruit!

We didn't belong on that court today and until we do, my jury is out.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/23/2008, 09:32 PM
Proud of Capel and the guys.

BUT. We need players. This mediocre stuff doesn't cut it in Soonerland. What do we need? A team that makes us all forget about Mookie, Harvey, Stacey, Rickey, and Dave.

Recruit damnit! Recruit!

We didn't belong on that court today and until we do, my jury is out.

See 2 posts before yours. There is an incoming McD AA, a top Juco player and a transfer from UCLA suiting up. Presuming that Blake returns we will be quite a bit more talented next year.

Oh and Coach Capel did an amazing job this year. We could have made the game a lot closer if we had brought our A game but Louisville brought theirs today and as far as I'm concerned this team pretty much reached its maximum potential this year.

OKC-SLC
3/23/2008, 09:47 PM
Louisville played very well today.

Good season for the Sooners, I think.

King Crimson
3/23/2008, 11:27 PM
i'm in. we beat some good teams and were clearly 10 points not as good as the top 10-15 type teams we played. at minimum we beat our own aggies in basketball heaven without our best player, hah.

good on ya David Godbold and Longar Longar....they got us back in the dance.

looking forward to next season, Boomer Sooner.

Collier11
3/23/2008, 11:59 PM
07/08 OU basketball = 07/08 OU Football, both teams overachieved and had great years, the season ended badly, and both have big time recruits coming in that make next year really exciting!!! Its good to be a Sooner!

Doged
3/24/2008, 04:17 AM
I'm in! What a game L'ville had at OUr expense, but to be honest I was thrilled with the team even making the tourney. Winning the first round was icing and if we can keep Capel the program sure seems to be going in a great way. :D

Boomer.....
3/24/2008, 07:46 AM
Overall, the team exceeded expectations and had a great season with the players on the team. Hopefully next year a true point guard will emerge.

Curly Bill
3/24/2008, 07:53 AM
Overall, the team exceeded expectations and had a great season with the players on the team. Hopefully next year a true guard will emerge.

FIXED

BarryBnds
3/24/2008, 09:39 AM
Great job this year guys!!!! Showed the improvement that will lead somewhere. First round wins in the tourney haven't come so easily around here.

SleestakSooner
3/27/2008, 04:53 PM
And the man gets paid for his efforts. Glad to see it's official that Capel is getting paid and staying a Sooner!