PDA

View Full Version : Nice Season Coach Capel ! ! !

StoopTroup
3/23/2008, 06:55 PM
I had us going one more round but we went up against a very good Louisville team today.

Here's to next year being even better...

BOOMER SOONER ! ! !

birddog
3/23/2008, 08:43 PM
4th in the big 12 is pretty good after everything they went through. i won't complain. we just don't have real talent yet to make a serious run in march.

Frozen Sooner
3/23/2008, 08:50 PM
Something I was thinking about a few days ago:

OU got blown out by every talented team we played this year: Texas, Kansas, Louisville. These are the teams that we played that have more than one guy who's likely to be a first-round NBA draft pick. Not only that, but those are teams that can sub deep on their bench and run.

Basically: We just don't have the horses-now-to stay with the teams who have guys on their bench who could start for us. Obviously. Capel has done a great job outcoaching teams with equal or even slightly superior talent, but outside of Blake Griffin there's nobody on our team who's going to ever sniff all-American. :(

That'll change next year, by the way.

birddog
3/23/2008, 08:54 PM
how long has pitino been at louisville? as good as they are, you never really hear them mentioned as a contender all that much.

william_brasky
3/23/2008, 09:28 PM
OU got blown out by every talented team we played this year

Memphis only beat us by 10, but I get what you're getting at.

Frozen Sooner
3/23/2008, 09:35 PM
Forgot about Memphis. We were also a bit deeper back then.

ouradu
3/23/2008, 09:49 PM
Memphis was so early and they are a lot better now than they were then. Even though it was a 10 pt game, you never really felt like we were in it.

stoopified
3/24/2008, 04:22 PM
Next season can't get heres oon enough for me.

ouflak
3/24/2008, 07:31 PM
Nice season. Looking forward to seeing what the next one brings!

Vegas Sooner
3/24/2008, 08:39 PM
Agreed

daddywarbucks
3/24/2008, 09:39 PM
Well I have had to stay away from forums for the last year...Had a little anger issue with some refs awhile back(see oregon)..BUT IM MUCH BETTER NOW!!!!:D :D I just had to say KUDOS to Mr. Capel, nice job, second year at a wounded school and you take 4th in the big twelve and take a game at the big dance. GREAT JOB!! I dont believe anyone could have got any more out of the young men that he had availible to him. THERE IS NOT ANOTHER COACH IN THE COUNTRY THAT WOULD HAVE GOTTEN MORE!! course thats my opinion:rolleyes:

Mixer!
3/24/2008, 09:59 PM
Nice job, Coach Capel. I'm looking forward to next season.

OUmillenium
3/26/2008, 09:03 AM
Something I was thinking about a few days ago:

OU got blown out by every talented team we played this year: Texas, Kansas, Louisville. These are the teams that we played that have more than one guy who's likely to be a first-round NBA draft pick. Not only that, but those are teams that can sub deep on their bench and run.

Basically: We just don't have the horses-now-to stay with the teams who have guys on their bench who could start for us. Obviously. Capel has done a great job outcoaching teams with equal or even slightly superior talent, but outside of Blake Griffin there's nobody on our team who's going to ever sniff all-American. :(

That'll change next year, by the way.

Egg sack lee...

birddog
3/26/2008, 09:51 PM
i don't want to start a new thread but willie warren is playing on espn right now.

#12 in white.