PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 v. XBox 360 Elite ******s...

47straight
3/23/2008, 10:46 AM
I was given an XBox 360 as a gift for some pretty big favors that I expected nothing in return for. My life continues to be obscenely blessed. :) I had been thinking about getting a gaming system for sometime when I decided I could part with the cash, and so it seems my choice is made!

So my question to the those in the know in the SO is whether I should turn it in and pay the extra $100 for the XBox 360 Elite?

I don't have an HD tv yet, so we're talking about the difference in the 20MB hard drive versus a 120MB hard drive on the 360.

The 120 MB hard drive by itself is 180 bucks as an after-accessory. That's too much of course. Is it possible to connect an external drive to the XBox if it ever gets too full? How much do you use the XBox as a media center?

TIA

SoonerAtKU
3/23/2008, 12:03 PM
I use my home network to store media, not the 20 gig 360 that I have. Just FYI, you're not looking at an actual 20 gigs of storage, more like 13 of usable space. The only thing that takes up room is renting movies or buying TV shows from Xbox Live. Oh, and if you purchase downloadable content or expansion packs via Live for your games. The thing is, with those, Live remembers that you bought them, so you can delete and re-download as many times as you need to. I've had mine for almost 2 years and I've got 7 free gigs of space available normally.

SoonerAtKU
3/23/2008, 12:06 PM
Oh, also forgot, there are currently issues with upgrading to a larger hard drive later, which is why i haven't done so. Your Live purchases are tied to your Live ID, as well as the hardware tag for your drive. This means that if you change drives, you HAVE to be logged in to Live to use any of the content that you downloaded, such as arcade games, etc. Not a huge deal for everyone, but for some people who don't have an internet connection they can always use for their box, it can cause trouble.

dolemitesooner
3/23/2008, 12:07 PM
Its worth the extra 100 my 20 g hard drive is full

47straight
3/23/2008, 01:43 PM
Its worth the extra 100 my 20 g hard drive is full

Thank guys.

Doleo - is yours full o movies or of game stuff?

Melo
3/23/2008, 05:19 PM

I hear he has a thing for donkeys. Just sayin.

rufnek05
3/23/2008, 05:28 PM
worth the $100, plus it just looks cooler.

Ruuuuuufus
3/23/2008, 06:58 PM
can you buy a non-Microsoft hard drive and install it yourself or is it all proprietary BS?

47straight
3/23/2008, 07:14 PM
can you buy a non-Microsoft hard drive and install it yourself or is it all proprietary BS?

From what i understand, all proprietary.

dolemitesooner
3/24/2008, 07:41 AM
Thank guys.

Movies, Trailers, Demos, games, Info, music