PDA

View Full Version : NCAA officiating....

Soonerus
3/22/2008, 10:52 PM
Has it been fair ???

GrapevineSooner
3/22/2008, 10:53 PM
About as fair as NBA officiating is.

Collier11
3/22/2008, 10:56 PM
for the entirety of the season it has been bad, from what Ive seen in the tourney thus far it has been average at best...I have only seen about 5 games start to finish and parts of half due to work

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/22/2008, 11:27 PM
I've seen a few hose jobs.

Cam
3/23/2008, 09:12 AM
A picture says a thousand words IMO.

I wish I could find one of Sloan being horizontal while in mid-air. Yet somehow, there was no foul.

Lots of just plain bad calls in that game on both teams.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7941118_18_1.jpg

Texas
3/23/2008, 11:34 AM
I wish I could find one of Sloan being horizontal while in mid-air. Yet somehow, there was no foul.

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-03/37063269.jpg

From the other thread. How can you miss such a mugging?

There's gotta be some accountability.

cheezyq
3/24/2008, 09:56 AM
Someone needs to get the picture/video of Blake with his hands straight up and the Louisville defender falling down in front of him, and the ref subsequently calling a 4th foul on Blake. Blake stared at the ref with his hands straight in the air for what felt like two minutes before shrugging his shoulders.

Or the one of Johnson trying to save a rebound on the baseline and the Louisville player shoving him OOB, which was subsequently ruled "Louisville Ball".

Or the one of Crocker losing the ball to a Louisville player under our own goal and as he stares at the Louisville player scoring on a layup he is inexplicably called for a foul on top of the made shot.

Or Blake/Longar under the basket mauled by 3-4 players with no foul call (x10).

Watching the game, you could see that the officiating was taking more of a toll on the team more than the up/down style of the Louisville offense. Even Capel shook his head in disbelief at Blake's 4th foul.

If we get fair officiating in that game, we only lose by 10. Our shooting was bad as usual, and the only guys who can handle the ball without fumbling it to the opposition are Blake and Austin. Certainly, Louisville didn't need help from the black and white. But that's what they got. Perhaps a ref put some money down on the spread and wanted to make sure they covered?

Whatever the case, this weekend was one of the worst I've seen from the officials. Until now, I thought it was just a Big 12 thing, but it's apparently a national epidemic. And I'm not an Aggie fan by any means, but they got hosed numerous times in the UCLA game. Half of those "awesome blocks" by Love were fouls, and for them to not call the foul on Sloan's last play was utterly ridiculous.

If the officiating was fair in all the games this weekend, we would have more double-digit seeds in the Sweet 16, and the only #1 or #2 seeds left would be KU, UNC, and Texas.

In the old days, guys like Tubbs, Norm Stewart, and even Bob Knight wouldn't let a post-game conference pass without a mention of the officiating. Unfortunately we now live in an era where criticizing the officials darn near lands you in prison.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/24/2008, 10:09 AM
A picture says a thousand words IMO.

Lots of just plain bad calls in that game on both teams.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7941118_18_1.jpg
Fine or no fine, if I were the ATM coach I wouldn't have kept my mouth shut. That BS cost them the game.

ole-reb
3/24/2008, 12:51 PM
From what I have seen the "THE BIG BOYS" get the calls