PDA

View Full Version : Any 'green thumbs' here new to OK?

Jerk
3/22/2008, 10:42 PM
Don't fall for the temptation to go and buy flowers.

It will freeze again.

I guarantee you.

OUHOMER
3/22/2008, 10:59 PM
I am holding off. Got the garden tilled, thinking about putting in onion sets tho.
waiting on everything else

Jerk
3/22/2008, 11:01 PM
I am holding off. Got the garden tilled, thinking about putting in onion sets tho.
waiting on everything else

I'll probably wait until April 7th or 8th and check the 7 say forecast. If it looks good, then great. Flower planting time. If not, I'll wait until tax day.

def_lazer_fc
3/23/2008, 05:07 AM
i just sprayed the crap outta my lawn with weed killer today. i swear, those weeds with the purple things that you always thought was a flower when you were a kid, have taken over my backyard. everywhere.

Flagstaffsooner
3/23/2008, 01:56 PM
i just sprayed the crap outta my lawn with weed killer today. i swear, those weeds with the purple things that you always thought was a flower when you were a kid, have taken over my backyard. everywhere.Isnt that called chickweed?

I miss gardening. We have like a 17 day growing season here in the mountains.

soonerbrat
3/23/2008, 02:16 PM
i just sprayed the crap outta my lawn with weed killer today. i swear, those weeds with the purple things that you always thought was a flower when you were a kid, have taken over my backyard. everywhere.

you mean this?

http://www.wingwatchers.com/images2/rp-clover1.jpg

it's clover

birddog
3/23/2008, 02:31 PM
no, dark purple. they're everywhere in my hood.

OUHOMER
3/23/2008, 07:21 PM
I had some, they are now gone. I went jumped in the deep end and bought a new zero turn John Deere mower today.

Talking about an adjustment.

OUHOMER
4/1/2008, 07:20 PM
well, I got onions and radishes in. hell the Radishes are all ready coming up.

I am hoping for no more hard freezes, I think I might put the tomatoes in next week, also cucumbers, peppers, more radishes, and I might just walk around the store for some oddball stuff, When the ground temp gets warmer I might try some okra.

thesnowbishop
4/1/2008, 07:31 PM

Next time you might want to let those suckers grow--it was likely vetch, which can be a very good cover crop to put good nitrogen in your soil. You can turn it under right about now and it's like a good, free compost/fertilizer.