PDA

View Full Version : how does ou stack up with louisville?

shaun4411
3/22/2008, 06:16 PM
25-8, and 14-4 in a good conference with 6 ranked teams. louisville is ranked #13

their highest scorer Padgett is a 6'11 Senior F/C who averages 11.6ppg who didnt play against bsu
#2 is williams, a 6'6 junior F 11.2ppg who scored 3 against bsu.

i think this bodes well for ou because their two best players are rusty in this tournament. and griffin will greatly grive grief graurding their greatest scorer.

arguably their best guard sophmore 6'9 earl clark who scored 15 on friday may be the focus of the sooners tomorrow. i think he'll give some grief. also to note jerry smith their 6'1 soph guard had 12 on friday too. these may be the foes of godbold and crocker.

my guess is that ou will have to step up guard play to win this game. but if ou can manage to change the tune of the game to their better inside men, i ilke ou's chances.

ou isnt as favored as they were friday, so i dont forsee 189 points like i did last time. im gonna go with:

OU - 125
Louisville - 63

a point shy of doubling them up.

birddog
3/22/2008, 07:02 PM
well, they're going to be bigger, stronger, deeper, and more talented than st. joe's. they'll give us alot of pressure and we'll have to be smart not to rush when we break the press. longar, bg and the other trees in the lane need to be smart with their fouls because they are real deep in the front court.

it's going to take a big effort from everyone. if we limit turnovers and do a decent job on the boards, we'll have a chance.

jthomasou78
3/22/2008, 07:34 PM
From watching the Louisville-Bsu game. They have a completely different style then they do. We will have to control the tempo and get a hand in the face of the shooters. They were effortless from the 3 point line.

They did however seem very disorganised. Padgett did play against BSU, but he got into dumb foul trouble immediately.

tulsaoilerfan
3/22/2008, 08:02 PM
i haven't seen them, but you know they will be a typical Rick Pitino team; let's just hope they are off on the 3's and we will have a good chance

SleestakSooner
3/22/2008, 08:13 PM
Put Godbold on Padget and let Blake and Longar take care of the interior.

The one thing that worries me is being able to break the press consistently. We are not nearly as deep a team as they are and foul trouble or fatigue could become a major problem if the Sooners aren't careful or if the refs get whistle happy.

Soonerus
3/22/2008, 08:18 PM
Sooners, get an extra WEEK of publicity and hype...Sweet Sixteen...

joeTsooner
3/22/2008, 08:20 PM
Why didn't Padgett play?

And isn't he a KU transfer? Did he play against us 2 years ago?

SleestakSooner
3/22/2008, 08:45 PM
David Padgett info prior to joining Louisville.

Sat out the 2004-05 season after transferring from the University of Kansas, where he played as a freshman in 2003-04.

Started 19 games for the Jayhawks as a freshman, averaging 6.5 points and 4.5 rebounds. He shot 53.1 percent from the field and blocked a team-high 43 shots, the second-most ever for a Kansas freshman.
Grabbed five or more rebounds in 15 games with the Jayhawks and scored a season-high 19 points against Fort Hays State.

william_brasky
3/22/2008, 10:50 PM
I would bet that they're gonna pressure the living crap out of our guards.

A big key for us is to not turn the ball over. AJ, Omar, etc. are gonna have to be solid for us all game long to have a chance.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/22/2008, 11:14 PM
Why didn't Padgett play?

And isn't he a KU transfer? Did he play against us 2 years ago?

He did play. He played 19 minutes and had 9 points and 2 rebounds. He had 4 fouls.

As for how we match it. Louisville has clearly been a better team than us all year. They probably could have been a #2 seed. They are deeper and will put a lot of pressure on our guards. Overall we are probably more athletic but Padgett is a great passer and they can shoot from outside. We are clearly the underdogs.

All that said playing Louisville isn't like playing KU,Texas or Memphis. If we can knock down a few outside shots we will have a chance. If our guards can take care of the ball then Blake and Longar could give them problems inside.

bri
3/22/2008, 11:38 PM
If we can make smart decisions against the press, we can convert easy buckets. Our guards have to attack it and not just constantly dribble into easy double-team spots. Also, our passes have to be confident and crisp, with none of the lazy lobs we were tossing back and forth against St. Joe's.

I don't know if we have the manpower for it, but I'd like to see us press the Cards a lot tomorrow. History has shown that pressing teams don't like to be pressed.

Eielson
3/22/2008, 11:47 PM
I think 9.8% of people on ESPN picked us to beat Louisville.

bri
3/22/2008, 11:58 PM
That sounds about right.

I'm not gonna lie, if we pull this off I'm gonna be going batsh*t crazy tomorrow night. This year's Sooners in the Sweet 16 is the very definition of "success ahead of schedule". :D