PDA

View Full Version : Digger,You Want Ketchup For Your Crow?

stoopified
3/21/2008, 08:34 PM
The same goes for all the EXPERTS who picked SJ BUT Digger acts like such a PR!CK when ever an OU game is discussed.I love it,enjoy your crow you eastern homer.

sooner518
3/21/2008, 08:39 PM
does crow taste better with ketchup (castup)? I would think mustard would be better

Flying Scotsman
3/21/2008, 08:42 PM
crow with mouse turd?

Soonerus
3/21/2008, 08:43 PM
Save a little for Seth Davis...chump has been talking about St. Joes since the bracket came out...

bri
3/21/2008, 08:51 PM
does crow taste better with ketchup (castup)? I would think mustard would be better

But he doesn't want it to taste good. It's PUNISHMENT! ANNOUNCERS DARED PICK OU TO LOSE!! HULK SMASH!!!!

:D

SleestakSooner
3/21/2008, 08:58 PM
I hope Digger goes hunting with Knight and Cheney soon...

bri
3/21/2008, 08:59 PM
See, I don't get nearly as annoyed at the antics of Digger Phelps 'cause I don't watch Digger Phelps. It's amazing how that works for me. :D

IronHorseSooner
3/21/2008, 09:02 PM
Save a little for Seth Davis...chump has been talking about St. Joes since the bracket came out......

and Jay Bilas, and Hubert Davis, and Rat Boy (aka Gottlieb), and Colin Coward (I mean Cowherd), and Joe Lunardi (even though I can't blame him since he is a St. Joe's play-by-play person). I think all of our attitudes about this can be summed up by Blake's look and shout he gave going into halftime.

stoopified
3/21/2008, 09:06 PM

and Jay Bilas, and Hubert Davis, and Rat Boy (aka Gottlieb), and Colin Coward (I mean Cowherd), and Joe Lunardi (even though I can't blame him since he is a St. Joe's play-by-play person). I think all of our attitudes about this can be summed up by Blake's look and shout he gave going into halftime.The rest of those guys don't bother as much as that PR!CK Digger.I wonder why he has such a hard0n against OU?

shaun4411
3/21/2008, 09:10 PM
well, historically speaking, for the past few seasons, ou has been relatively "floppy" in the first round.

Newbomb Turk
3/21/2008, 09:11 PM
I really don't worry or care about who the experts pick.

OKLA21FAN
3/21/2008, 09:17 PM
I remember Digger ragging on Tulsa back in the '81 NIT finals........in that second half...Digger ate crow too....

good times

GrapevineSooner
3/21/2008, 09:17 PM
Predictions are stupid.

One day, these idiots will understand.

Now Go (UTA) Mavericks!

getrdone
3/21/2008, 09:40 PM
i thought the worst part was cbs sports channel blocking out the game here in tx, but then cbs switched to the vandy-sienna game. really hacked me off. i know this thread was about another topic but it won't let me start a new thread.

sorry

tulsaoilerfan
3/22/2008, 01:24 AM
See, I don't get nearly as annoyed at the antics of Digger Phelps 'cause I don't watch Digger Phelps. It's amazing how that works for me. :D

Same here; Digger has been dead to me since he dissed Tulsa way back in the 81 NIT; he's always been a dip****

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/22/2008, 01:35 AM
I loved Digger Phelps work in Anal Whores 6 and the Chamber of Vagina Secrets.

Sooner_Bob
3/22/2008, 08:24 AM

Bu, but, but, you're special. :P

King Crimson
3/22/2008, 08:52 AM
well, historically speaking, for the past few seasons, ou has been relatively "floppy" in the first round.

that's not true. we've lost twice in the first round since 1999. we've been disappointing a couple years Purdue and Utah (i guess)....but actual first round losses UW-Milwaukee (we got forcibly married prison-style in Austin and then lost to mighty Nebraska in the conference tournament first round to close out that season.....so, that team was sliding)....and Indy State.

9 years, 7 NCAA's, 2 first round losses.

King Crimson
3/22/2008, 08:53 AM
and Digger sucks. he's a butt-wrench.

OKC-SLC
3/22/2008, 09:10 AM

I too have found this strategy effective. Turns out, there is no otherworldly force preventing me from watching other channels after all.

Digger has always been a ******bag. Once a ******bag, always a ******bag.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/22/2008, 10:05 PM
I remember Digger ragging on Tulsa back in the '81 NIT finals........in that second half...Digger ate crow too....

good times

do you remember the comments digger made in 81? i ve tried to find somethin on it but no luck..tulsa people bring it up to me but i ve not heard the comments

limitedvista
3/23/2008, 01:09 AM
Now Digger has put Louisville on "upset alert" (whatever that means). I wonder if he gets whiplash from reversing himself that fast.

KingBarry
3/23/2008, 03:28 AM
Now Digger has put Louisville on "upset alert" (whatever that means). I wonder if he gets whiplash from reversing himself that fast.

That's not so hard to understand. You've got a team coming into the tournament w/ a head coach that hasn't won a tournament game, the team didn't make post season last year, and has been injury-hampered in the regular season. It occurs to you that this is a team that might not be ready for the Dance, and you pick them to lose.

Then, you see them play. They play hard, they play well, they get a good win. You realize that they are ready for the tournament, and are going to challenge anyone they play. Louisville looks like it could go down.

King Crimson
3/23/2008, 08:23 AM
Digger picking us=Kiss of Death. means we get down by 15 early. kinda rally after the initial hit, tease us Sooner fans a little in the second half. maybe chop the lead down to 6. but never really get back in it. Ville makes their FT's down the stretch to pull away.

80-66 Cards win.

hope i'm wrong.

BarryBnds
3/24/2008, 09:51 AM
that's not true. we've lost twice in the first round since 1999. we've been disappointing a couple years Purdue and Utah (i guess)....but actual first round losses UW-Milwaukee (we got forcibly married prison-style in Austin and then lost to mighty Nebraska in the conference tournament first round to close out that season.....so, that team was sliding)....and Indy State.

9 years, 7 NCAA's, 2 first round losses.

That's a little bit of revisionist history. Under Kelvin we had 6 first round losses in 11 years. When pitted against opponents like Manhattan, Indiana State, and UW-Milwaukee you never really felt confident against anyone in the first round.

bri
3/24/2008, 02:02 PM
Digger picking us=Kiss of Death. means we get down by 15 early. kinda rally after the initial hit, tease us Sooner fans a little in the second half. maybe chop the lead down to 6. but never really get back in it. Ville makes their FT's down the stretch to pull away.

80-66 Cards win.

hope i'm wrong.

Sadly, you were. We got our *sses kicked a LOT worse. :D

OKLA21FAN
3/24/2008, 02:11 PM
do you remember the comments digger made in 81? i ve tried to find somethin on it but no luck..tulsa people bring it up to me but i ve not heard the comments

basically, it was has comments and mostly non-comments during that NIT finals against Syracuse. it was as if Tulsa did not have 5 players on the court.

a few years later, he did sort of recognize that he didn't give Tulsa much a chance in that game.

TopDawg
3/24/2008, 03:42 PM
That's a little bit of revisionist history.

Not revisionist, just incomplete. But still true.

King Crimson
3/24/2008, 04:27 PM
That's a little bit of revisionist history. Under Kelvin we had 6 first round losses in 11 years. When pitted against opponents like Manhattan, Indiana State, and UW-Milwaukee you never really felt confident against anyone in the first round.

speaking of "revisionist history", you use 3 examples that are over 10 years apart and generalize a "theory" based on them. in the 90's how many of Kelvin's first round losses were against teams with a better seed? most of them is the answer.