PDA

View Full Version : I went running with a marine this morning

Melo
3/21/2008, 10:09 AM
And aside from being incredibly tired and coming to the conclusion that I am a complete idiot, I am okay.

Except... my allergies are all whacked out.

My legs and arms are this bright red and white, and I cant quit itching.

:(

Melo
3/21/2008, 10:15 AM
And Im itchy between my toes.

Partial Qualifier
3/21/2008, 10:24 AM
And Im itchy between my toes.

Lotrimin cream, available over-the-counter at any drugstore, will cure that up real quick :)

SouthFortySooner
3/21/2008, 10:24 AM
Semper Fi

StoopTroup
3/21/2008, 10:27 AM
Change your shoes out daily too.

C&CDean
3/21/2008, 10:28 AM
Yeah, them damn jarheads give me a rash too.

Melo
3/21/2008, 10:35 AM
I havent had a problem before.
But today, my nose ran non stop, my sinus cavities in my face were on fire, and the rash business. I dont even know what to take for it. Benedryl? Will that help?

NormanPride
3/21/2008, 10:41 AM
Yes!

M
3/21/2008, 10:43 AM
I have read that taking an antihistamine before running might help with the itchiness (and the runny nose, I suppose). I think the itchiness is due to increased circulation, drawing blood closer to the skin, causing itchiness. The good news is that with regular workouts, your body should get used to it and it will likely subside in a couple weeks.

Or you could try rubbing a stick of Body Glide on your legs prior to your workout, just like Bleaker did in Juno. :O

Melo
3/21/2008, 10:47 AM
And will it go away?
I have a date tonight. And its the first time in a LONG time that I have been really excited about a boy. But I dont want to be red and itchy.
:D

M
3/21/2008, 10:53 AM
The itching should stop by tonight. If it doesn't stop in a couple hours - slap on some Cortaid (but make sure you shower before the date) ;)

mdklatt
3/21/2008, 11:01 AM
And will it go away?
I have a date tonight. And its the first time in a LONG time that I have been really excited about a boy. But I dont want to be red and itchy.

Getting red and itchy is how I know I'm excited about a date. :eek:

SoonerInKCMO
3/21/2008, 12:50 PM
Getting red and itchy is how I know I'm excited about a date. :eek:

I thought that's what happens to you after the date. :confused:

GottaHavePride
3/21/2008, 01:33 PM
Cortizone cream.

Benadryl.

Claritin would be better - Benadryl is weak-*** antihistamines. Claritin's about the best you'll do OTC.

Beef
3/21/2008, 01:35 PM
And will it go away?

If you're itchy, it would be best to wait and not put out until the second date.

Beef
3/21/2008, 01:36 PM
Or at least get him drunk enough to where he won't remember where he got "the itch" from.

Melo
3/21/2008, 03:06 PM
I decided that I liked this guy the moment I saw him, and have since then been working my charm to the best of my abilities. Hes in the army, and hes driving home 3 hours just so him and I can have some time to spend together. So 1) I wouldnt have to worry about any weird rashes and what he would think about getting them, because hes already hooked and 2) Not only would I not put out on the first date, I would also not put out on the second date, and probably even the third and fourth, because I have a lot of self respect and pride, and I dont need to use sex to get a guy all stupid about me. My sparkling good looks and charming personality are more than enough.

shaun4411
3/21/2008, 03:27 PM
what if you skip dating and go straight to the good stuff?

Taxman71
3/21/2008, 03:42 PM
YWIA:

http://juicyrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/valtrex.jpg

Melo
3/21/2008, 03:44 PM
what if you skip dating and go straight to the good stuff?

I must be a loser, because the 'good stuff' to me IS the date.

Update: Itchiness and rashiness is gone.

Collier11
3/21/2008, 03:50 PM
I decided that I liked this guy the moment I saw him, and have since then been working my charm to the best of my abilities. Hes in the army, and hes driving home 3 hours just so him and I can have some time to spend together. So 1) I wouldnt have to worry about any weird rashes and what he would think about getting them, because hes already hooked and 2) Not only would I not put out on the first date, I would also not put out on the second date, and probably even the third and fourth, because I have a lot of self respect and pride, and I dont need to use sex to get a guy all stupid about me. My sparkling good looks and charming personality are more than enough.

He is driving 3 hours for what then??? :D

Flagstaffsooner
3/21/2008, 04:00 PM
He is driving 3 hours for what then??? :DHe must not know what a c*ck tease she is.;)

Okla-homey
3/21/2008, 04:06 PM
Good for you.

Now, about this soldier you're dating. I recommend keeping it coolio for now. You don't wanna be all love-sick and home-sick during Lackland. You signed up to something pretty danged important and we're all proud of you for doing so. Now, just make sure Private Snuffy knows A) he ain't gettin' any, B) you aren't interested in any long-distance romances right now, and C) as a soon-to-be Airman Basic in "Uncle Sam's Aerospace Mob of Killers and Breakers of Things," you outrank him. Even if he's a corporal.;)

Melo
3/21/2008, 04:18 PM
Good for you.

Now, about this soldier you're dating. I recommend keeping it coolio for now. You don't wanna be all love-sick and home-sick during Lackland. You signed up to something pretty danged important and we're all proud of you for doing so. Now, just make sure Private Snuffy knows A) he ain't gettin' any, B) you aren't interested in any long-distance romances right now, and C) as a soon-to-be Airman Basic in "Uncle Sam's Aerospace Mob of Killers and Breakers of Things," you outrank him. Even if he's a corporal.;)

Actually - Hes my best friends older brother. Hes one of the most genuinely nicest guys I have ever come across. WAY different than the as*holes I have dated in the past. I started talking to him when I started becoming interested in the AF, and he has been nothing but extremely supportive and encouraging, which has been a really big help. I mean, he DOES live 4 hours from me (Im meeting him at his house so he doesnt have to drive further), and we just wanted to get some hang out time in addition to the time we spend talking online and texting. It wont be going any further for a long while, if it ever does. We just really enjoy each other, sense of humor, etc. I think the reason I am so excited about it is because hes an actual... gentleman, etc. Plus, he thinks its awesome about me doing the intel thing. Like I said, hes been incredibly encouraging and supportive.

Melo
3/21/2008, 04:20 PM
He is driving 3 hours for what then??? :D

Im awesome. And I dont put out. At all.
I think he might actually think thats cool.

Collier11
3/21/2008, 04:25 PM

gullible much? ;)

SoonerInKCMO
3/21/2008, 04:35 PM

Melo must've snagged one of them don't ask, don't tell guys. :texan:

Melo
3/21/2008, 04:41 PM
Please let me continue believing that there are some nice guys out there.
I wont lie to anyone, the last boyfriend had a lot to do with me making the jump to military. I dont know how I manage to attract such losers.

SoonerInKCMO
3/21/2008, 04:43 PM
I dont know how I manage to attract such losers.

Small town Texas - how could you avoid them?

Melo
3/21/2008, 04:47 PM
Small town Texas - how could you avoid them?

Only one was small town. The other two have been from Houston.

Collier11
3/21/2008, 04:52 PM
I wont lie to anyone, the last boyfriend had a lot to do with me making the jump to military. I dont know how I manage to attract such losers.

we are all nice guys when we are talking directly to you :D

GrapevineSooner
3/21/2008, 04:53 PM

Let's see, you're what?

21. 22ish?

If so, there's plenty of time to meet a nice guy.

Well, not that I would know how many nice guys there are out there since I'm not in the market for any because:

1) I'm happily married

2) I'm also straight as an arrow

;)

Point is, fate has a funny way of working these things out on their own.

M
3/21/2008, 04:58 PM
Let's see, you're what?

21. 22ish?

If so, there's plenty of time to meet a nice guy.

Well, not that I would know how many nice guys there are out there since I'm not in the market for any because:

1) I'm happily married

2) I'm also straight as an arrow

;)

Point is, fate has a funny way of working these things out on their own.

Ahh, what a guy. Sounds like a great philosophy until you live through a few reality checks and grow more cynical like me :( ;)

But Melo, I'm sure your date will be one of those few and far between nice guys. Have fun! :)

Flagstaffsooner
3/21/2008, 05:19 PM
Only one was small town. The other two have been from Houston.You should marry SecEm, then we could have our own little sit com on SF.

Okla-homey
3/21/2008, 05:41 PM
melo,

Do NOT let these nattering nabobs encourage to do something you could regret. You keep those knees locked tight 'til you are lead-pipe cinch certain you have found THE one and you and he are involved in a committed, exclusive relationship. As an old d00d who is also a dad, I would also add, "preferably with a ring on your finger." Generally nothing but bad stuff flows from the alternative course of action.

Collier11
3/21/2008, 11:37 PM
melo,

Do NOT let these nattering nabobs encourage to do something you could regret. You keep those knees locked tight 'til you are lead-pipe cinch certain you have found THE one and you and he are involved in a committed, exclusive relationship. As an old d00d who is also a dad, I would also add, "preferably with a ring on your finger." Generally nothing but bad stuff flows from the alternative course of action.

how will you know he is the one when you havent test driven the ride?

Blue
3/21/2008, 11:59 PM
heh

Melo
3/22/2008, 05:06 AM
This is why I hate the SO.

Who gives a **** is what I say.

Keep your personal business, personal.

FAIL.

Follow your own advice and keep your personal opinion to yourself.

olevetonahill
3/22/2008, 05:33 AM
Good for you.

Easy There Homester
Im talkin to Flag and I aint read this thread yet
But
you figure out what Im sayin . !:(

Flagstaffsooner
3/22/2008, 05:39 AM
They put salt peter in the food at Lackland.

olevetonahill
3/22/2008, 05:39 AM
Hell Im shamed
Cause that didnt even make any sense to me !
:cool:

Flagstaffsooner
3/22/2008, 05:46 AM
PSA

Olevet has had a few.