PDA

View Full Version : Himalayas

mdklatt
3/20/2008, 01:12 PM
Best Indian food in Norman, and in a great way. Misal is dead to me, although it's sort of been on life support all along.

800ish N. Berry, next to Dollar General. Check it out.

King Crimson
3/20/2008, 01:47 PM
lemme guess: the portions are huge: the service is great, they always re-fill your water glass and the chips and salsa are always full?

heh.

just kidding.

SoonerInKCMO
3/20/2008, 01:51 PM
So, do you reek of curry now?

It's always stinky(er) around here on Indian food days in the cafeteria. Blech.

BigRedJed
3/20/2008, 01:51 PM
I hope their marketing plan doesn't include "next to Dollar General."

mdklatt
3/20/2008, 01:52 PM
lemme guess: the portions are huge: the service is great, they always re-fill your water glass and the chips and salsa are always full?

heh.

just kidding.

Let's see. It's a lunch buffet, so the portions are what you make of them. The fennel seed cracker thingies and chutney were always well stocked, and they did keep the water glass full. :D

yermom
3/20/2008, 02:33 PM
i've been talking about this place for a while now

Misal has been dead to me for a long time :)

C&CDean
3/20/2008, 02:40 PM
I went to Padthai for lunch today....and the lunch special was off cause of spring break. So, we went over to Thai Kum Koon. It was meh. I'll have to try this place, but if mdklatt likes it, it's probably a bunch of hare krishnas serving up the grub on organic plates.

OKLA21FAN
3/20/2008, 02:41 PM
'do ya wanna go faster!!??!!!' :pop:

Howzit
3/20/2008, 02:44 PM
i've been talking about this place for a while now

Misal has been dead to me for a long time :)

I ate at Himalayas before they even built it...ssssooooooo...

mdklatt
3/20/2008, 02:48 PM
So, we went over to Thai Kum Koon.

You should have asked me first. That place sucks.

yermom
3/20/2008, 02:51 PM
the other Padthai was running their more expensive lunch deal today...

it was pretty good, but i didn't get the mixed vegetables, which has sux0red every time i've gotten it there

mdklatt
3/20/2008, 02:54 PM
the other Padthai was running their more expensive lunch deal today...

The other Padthai?

Frozen Sooner
3/20/2008, 02:57 PM
You know, I always wonder if there's American-style restaurants in Thailand called "Hamburger."

Pricetag
3/20/2008, 03:04 PM
'do ya wanna go faster!!??!!!' :pop:
You were supposed to put that in a copycat thread.

yermom
3/20/2008, 03:16 PM
The other Padthai?

next to Goodcents

KC//CRIMSON
3/20/2008, 03:23 PM
Best Indian food in Norman, and in a great way. Misal is dead to me, although it's sort of been on life support all along.

800ish N. Berry, next to Dollar General. Check it out.

Did the buffet have Chicken Tikka Masala (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPCwH8uJawA)? Because if it didn't, it sucked.;)

achiro
3/20/2008, 03:26 PM
Dang, I thought this thread was gonna be about my wifes boobs.

BigRedJed
3/20/2008, 03:27 PM
Lemme guess: the portions are huge and the service is great?

KC//CRIMSON
3/20/2008, 03:30 PM
Lemme guess: the portions are huge and the service is great?

No, they're droopy and closed for the winter.

C&CDean
3/20/2008, 03:31 PM
Dang, I thought this thread was gonna be about my wifes boobs.

They're all over campus now and every tom, dick & harry have dined there?

shaun4411
3/20/2008, 03:33 PM
best indian ive had in the metro area is in edmond, at "namaste". it is delicious! a tad expensive on some meals, well worth it as it is 'premium'. the best indian ive had to date was in scotland of all places.

achiro
3/20/2008, 03:36 PM
They're all over campus now and every tom, dick & harry have dined there?

Ouch!:D

mdklatt
3/20/2008, 03:42 PM
Did the buffet have Chicken Tikka Masala (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPCwH8uJawA)?

Yes, and several types of kormas, and jasmine rice and nan and whatnot.

Chuck Bao
3/20/2008, 03:57 PM
Stop that! You guys are making me hungry.

The best Indian food I've had was one of those banana leaf restaurants in Singapore - the type where you eat the rice and curry with your fingers off of a banana leaf. It's cheap and crazy spicy and I probably reek of it for several days and stll be very happy about it.

KC//CRIMSON
3/20/2008, 05:10 PM
Stop that! You guys are making me hungry.

The best Indian food I've had was one of those banana leaf restaurants in Singapore - the type where you eat the rice and curry with your fingers off of a banana leaf. It's cheap and crazy spicy and I probably reek of it for several days and stll be very happy about it.

Kind of like eating a Durian which the smell has been best described as pig-shi*, turpentine and onions, garnished with a gym sock.;)

Chuck Bao
3/20/2008, 06:24 PM
Durian is just like pungent cheese. It's an acquired taste and those who love it, do so passionately. It's a "hot" (I'm guessing that means high calory) fruit and you shouldn't eat so much in one go. A little bit of durian with sticky rice and coconut juice makes it more palatable for me, but probably not less calorific.

With that being said, life for me is not about calories or pig-shi*, turpentine and onions, garnished with a gym socks. It's about enjoying life regardless of the fruit one may or may not like.

KC//CRIMSON
3/20/2008, 06:31 PM
Durian is just like pungent cheese. It's an acquired taste and those who love it, do so passionately. It's a "hot" (I'm guessing that means high calory) fruit and you shouldn't eat so much in one go. A little bit of durian with sticky rice and coconut juice makes it more palatable for me, but probably not less calorific.

With that being said, life for me is not about calories or pig-shi*, turpentine and onions, garnished with a gym socks. It's about enjoying life regardless of the fruit one may or may not like.

I actually wouldn't mind trying a Durian, and I could eat sticky rice and hot dipping sauce/chili paste & shredded pork all day long.:cool: