PDA

View Full Version : OSU-Tech moving games to Dallas

Paperclip
3/20/2008, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I don't care either, but this comment at the bottom of the article from newsok.com cracked me up.

What a great way to bring attention to a decades-long rivalry, with yearly national championship implications, that is ranked among the great college rivalries in the country, that garners the attention of national media each and every season due to the teams' unique representation of their respective side of the Red River. Wonder what the governors are gonna wager on this one.
Grant, Edmond - Mar 20, 2008 12:42 PM

SoonerBOI
3/20/2008, 01:11 PM
I bet the stadium will be empty.:D

mynameisjoe
3/20/2008, 01:38 PM
What the hell is that guy smoking?

sooneron
3/20/2008, 02:40 PM
I bet the stadium will be empty.:D

You don't think either member of those fan bases are dying for an excuse to get THO out of their respective towns? Yeech! Stoolwater or Lubbick, take your pick.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
3/20/2008, 04:25 PM
Wow, Aggies and Sand Aggies are trendsetters here. I mean, who would think to have a game in Dallas every year? Finally, something they can steal from OU! Good look Ags...you will still suck in Dallas!

OU vs Texas --> The real deal in Dallas
A&M vs Arky --> Fashionably late to the party
Tech vs OSU --> These are the people with court side seats that show up in the fourth quarter.

tulsaoilerfan
3/20/2008, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I don't care either, but this comment at the bottom of the article from newsok.com cracked me up.

What a great way to bring attention to a decades-long rivalry, with yearly national championship implications, that is ranked among the great college rivalries in the country, that garners the attention of national media each and every season due to the teams' unique representation of their respective side of the Red River. Wonder what the governors are gonna wager on this one.

:D :D :D :D :D :D my god that's about the funniest thing i have ever seen posted on the internet; i'm guessing the guy is being very sarcastic

Statalyzer
3/20/2008, 04:36 PM
Good grief, the whole Big XII South is copycatting Texas and Oklahoma. In a few years I think Baylor and Tulsa will be playing an annual game in Dallas too, followed up by Arkansas State vs North Texas.

FroggyStyle22
3/20/2008, 04:42 PM
why doesn't the Big XII just move all conference games to Dallas? Heck while we're at it how about Ohio State- Michigan.

Sco
3/20/2008, 04:48 PM

Maybe he thought they were discussing men's basketball? That's the only way I can make sense of this comment.

goingoneight
3/21/2008, 12:55 AM
:les: WE NEED TO MOVE TEH BED-LAME GAME TO DALLAS!!! IT-ZUH RIVUHLREE, TOO!!!!111111!!! [hairGel]

CORNholio
3/21/2008, 01:58 AM
At least this makes the battle of the inbreds (arky aTm) even less fashionable. It is pretty lame to copy something 70 years later.

HBick
3/21/2008, 03:50 AM
you understand that this can pose a problem. lots of kids from inner city schools especially in dallas for that matter do not care about tradition or prestige. they want the glitz and glam that is now offered by the aggies new multi-million facilities.

this will add more problems for recruiting in texas. the aggies are already pulling talent out of houston and dallas is the next logical step. as for the red raiders, they don't mean much unless your a quarterback in my opinion. although they did get crabtree, and how that happened is beyond me.

AlbqSooner
3/21/2008, 06:37 AM
Good grief, the whole Big XII South is copycatting Texas and Oklahoma. In a few years I think Baylor and Tulsa will be playing an annual game in Dallas too, followed up by Arkansas State vs North Texas.

". . . decades long rivalry with yearly national implications.":rolleyes:

TexasLidig8r
3/21/2008, 08:17 AM
Wow, Aggies and Sand Aggies are trendsetters here. I mean, who would think to have a game in Dallas every year? Finally, something they can steal from OU! Good look Ags...you will still suck in Dallas!

Tech vs OSU --> These are the people with upper deck, last row nose bleed seats, who, after the people at court side leave at the end of the game, sneak down and sit in their seats .

There. That's better.

On a different spin, does this increase the likelihood of Texas and OU staying right where they belong, in the venerable old Cotton Bowl after the 2015 contract expires? Undoubtedly, we would require much more moolah from Jerruh than either of the "pretend" neutal site games and the City of Dallas has the bar set in terms of financial commitment.

Texas - OU and the Cotton Bowl.. to infinity.

SoonerInLubbock
3/21/2008, 02:30 PM
I can tell you now that the Tech fans here in Lubbock do not want to see this happen. Usually the fans here are so full of it, I don't pay em much mind. But finally they make a real point. The biggest concern is taking away from the local economy. They have done alot of improvements to the Tech campus and now they want to show it off.

mdklatt
3/21/2008, 03:19 PM
They have done alot of improvements to the Tech campus and now they want to show it off.

I would give anything to see Sand Aggy and Sheep Aggy start up the facility smack.

JLEW1818
3/22/2008, 11:10 AM
I'm not trying to be rude, but how many teams have actually won the big 12 south??? I know OU, Texas, A&M. What about the other 3, has tech, baylor, or osu won the south??? and if not how many years has the big 12 been going on...... just trying to learn.

oudivesherpa
3/22/2008, 07:55 PM
why doesn't the Big XII just move all conference games to Dallas? Heck while we're at it how about Ohio State- Michigan.

Or maybe they can play Notre Dame in a neutral site--Rome.

reevie
3/22/2008, 09:02 PM
I'm not trying to be rude, but how many teams have actually won the big 12 south??? I know OU, Texas, A&M. What about the other 3, has tech, baylor, or osu won the south??? and if not how many years has the big 12 been going on...... just trying to learn.

Big 12 started play in 1996.

3 teams have won the South.
OU: 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007
Texas: 1996, 1999, 2001, 2005
A&M: 1997, 1998

4 teams have won the North.
Nebraska: 1996, 1997, 1999, 2006
Colorado: 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005
Kansas State: 1998, 2000, 2003
Missouri: 2007

reevie
3/22/2008, 09:08 PM
So Uncle Boone has poured millions in pretty up the Rustoleum Field, added more seats and raised prices. All of this knowing they can't have a sell-out unless they're hosting OU. And they decided that losing a home game every 2 years is not going to hurt their ability to pay off those bills?

Aggies will be aggies....

Jacie
3/23/2008, 10:04 AM
you understand that this can pose a problem. lots of kids from inner city schools especially in dallas for that matter do not care about tradition or prestige. they want the glitz and glam that is now offered by the aggies new multi-million facilities.

this will add more problems for recruiting in texas. the aggies are already pulling talent out of houston and dallas is the next logical step. as for the red raiders, they don't mean much unless your a quarterback in my opinion. although they did get crabtree, and how that happened is beyond me.

Two points:

Kids from inner city schools signing with the sand aggies? Not if they take a trip to Lubbock first.

Those letters at the start of my sentences look different than yours for a reason. Learn to capitalize.

auto
3/23/2008, 12:18 PM
The aggies can barely get 44k fans in Rustoleum Memorial. How in da hell are they and Pirate Tech going to throw down 40K fans each to fill the stadium? Going to be embarrassing when the stadium is half empty. Then again, both schools are used to embarassment

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/23/2008, 01:18 PM
why doesn't the Big XII just move all conference games to Dallas? Heck while we're at it how about Ohio State- Michigan.We could really mess 'em up by going home and home!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/23/2008, 01:20 PM
I can tell you now that the Tech fans here in Lubbock do not want to see this happen. Usually the fans here are so full of it, I don't pay em much mind. But finally they make a real point. The biggest concern is taking away from the local economy. They have done alot of improvements to the Tech campus and now they want to show it off.OU and tx haven't figured this one out, yet.

colleyvillesooner
3/23/2008, 01:59 PM
The aggies can barely get 44k fans in Rustoleum Memorial. How in da hell are they and Pirate Tech going to throw down 40K fans each to fill the stadium? Going to be embarrassing when the stadium is half empty. Then again, both schools are used to embarassment

Aggy filled up their side of the Cotton bowl when they played there. So they are capable of it once a year. Will it happen year in and year out at a conference game against Tceh? Probably not.

bluedogok
3/23/2008, 08:28 PM
They already did that once at Texas Stadium in the mid-90's, I think they had about 3/4 capacity.

mobilesteve
3/24/2008, 12:38 PM
They should call it the "The Pistols in the Air Bowl". Since both sides use this and each side claims to have come up with it, this will decide the it. They'll have a gold pistol in the air trophy and the other team will not be allowed to use the pistol in the air until they win the game next.

KingBarry
3/24/2008, 02:16 PM
At least this makes the battle of the inbreds (arky aTm) even less fashionable. It is pretty lame to copy something 70 years later.

Wait a minute, I thought aggies v. tech WAS the inbreds.

Well, I guess it's hard to be MORE inbred than arky-aTm, but, whatever...

Soonerfan88
3/24/2008, 02:25 PM
They should call it the "The Pistols in the Air Bowl". Since both sides use this and each side claims to have come up with it, this will decide the it. They'll have a gold pistol in the air trophy and the other team will not be allowed to use the pistol in the air until they win the game next.

Does this mean aggie guy can't scream "pistol's firin" in his shrill little voice also? If so, I'm cheering for sand aggy every year. :D

Mixer!
3/24/2008, 09:56 PM
Schmidly stole that (along with hacking the pirates' database) when he was named "Systems CEO".

TheHumanAlphabet
3/25/2008, 10:31 AM
What the hell is that guy smoking?

[obvious comment]I think the tongue was planted firmly in the cheek. [\obvious comment]

TheHumanAlphabet
3/25/2008, 10:33 AM
Tech vs OSU --> These are the people with court side seats that show up in the fourth quarter.

So which will they fight about first?
1)the "guns up" signal
2)the masked rider/cowboy symbol
3)try to out do the other in property destruction

- obligatory - we should make this a pole comment... ;)

picasso
3/25/2008, 12:37 PM

oSu is pulling a few gems out of Houston but they are not stealing kids from UT as per OU.

This game will just show kids what a flop it is compared to the RRS.:rolleyes:

Piware
3/25/2008, 11:24 PM

With any luck they will shoot each other or at least their horses will kick the pooh out of the riders.

Sooner-Magic
3/26/2008, 09:09 AM
I can't even imagine how many water bottles and other trash will be tossed out onto the field This will be a home game for Tech, they prolly have more alums in Dallas than anywhere. I don't see poke fans traveling to Dallas, I haven't seen them travel to stillwater either.

Will you have to have season tickets in stillwater to attend this game?