PDA

View Full Version : Orange Cheese Crackers with peanut butter

royalfan5
3/19/2008, 08:45 PM
My new job bought me a couple cases of these for snacks. Score.

Tiptonsooner
3/19/2008, 08:47 PM
I've never understood cheese and peanut butter, especially "highway cone" orange cheese.

mdklatt
3/19/2008, 08:50 PM
Lance. Smoked. Cheddar. Captain's. Wafers.

YWIA

tulsaoilerfan
3/20/2008, 11:26 AM
Lance. Smoked. Cheddar. Captain's. Wafers.

YWIA

I should neg you for mentioning the competition while i am around;) ;)

mdklatt
3/20/2008, 01:26 PM
I should neg you for mentioning the competition while i am around;) ;)

Sorry dude, Lance > Austin.

C&CDean
3/20/2008, 01:36 PM
My orange cheese peanut butter cracker story:

As all good hunters know, it is law that you carry those little packs of cheesy peanut butter crackers in the vest pocket or backpack when out for a long day in the woods or mountains. And me, being the good hunter, am no lawbreaker.

Anyhow, we were up in northern Colorado about 4 years ago on our annual elk hunting excursion. The day before opening day it was about 60 degrees, sunny, and beautiful. That night, it snowed like a big bitch and we woke up to several inches on the ground for opening day. We head out of camp in the pre-dawn darkness and start up a mountain called Dennis's Hump. We're going all morning and about a third of the way up one of the guys with us goes "dudes, I'm whooped. I'll set up here on this meadow." We go "alright, we'll keep heading up and keep you posted by radio." So my brother and I head further up. About an hour later I see a great looking meadow with a stream and beaver pond on it and tell my brother "I'm setting up right here." He goes "alright, I'll go a little further up."

So, I find a spot in the sun, with my back against a tree, and get comfortable. I break out my orange cheesy peanut butter crackers and get my munch on. While relaxing, I look through my binoculars at my brother who is heading up the mountain. He too is enjoying his orange cheesy peanut butter crackers as he hikes up the hill. I continue to watch him until he disappears behind some thickets along a fence row.

Maybe 30 minutes later I'm starting to cop my nod (as all good hunters do) as the sun was warming my face and my belly was full of orange cheesy peanut butter cracker goodness and my radio crackles to life with "Dean, head back to the 4-wheelers right now!" I go "bite me, I'm just starting to hunt good here." My brother goes "no, I'm serious, head back down right now." I go "no way in hell. This is a good spot." He goes "hurry up......" and then the radio goes dead.

So, I'm thinking "do I head down and see what the hell he's freaking out over, or do I continue to hunt?" Losing radio contact did concern me a little, so after about 20 minutes I go "**** it, I'm heading down."

Going downhill was a hell of a lot easier than going up hill so I covered the distance back to the 4-wheelers in maybe 15 minutes or so. As I approach, my brother and our buddy are standing back-to-back with their heads on swivels and their muzzleloaders pointed from the hip and their pistols laying out on the 4 wheeler seats. I go "what the hell are you two doing?" They've both got eyes big as saucers and my brother goes "I was headed up the hill and ran into a fence line." I go "yeah I know, I saw you." Then he goes "so I start walking the fence line a little further up and I was eating some crackers." I go "yeah I know, I saw you." Then he goes "so I go maybe another hundred yards or so and get into some really thick brush. I stop for a minute, and decide to turn around, and there in the snow, covering my own tracks, are some big *** bear tracks. Then I could smell him, and the bushes next to me start moving."

I started cracking up and go "so what'd you do?" He goes "I've never felt so helpless in all my life. I'm stuck in these bushes with a ****ing bear with footprints bigger than mine, and I've got pockets full of orange cheesy peanut butter cracker goodness and one in my hand. So I throw the one I'm eating at the moving bush, and haul *** down here."

I laughed until I was sick. And of course by that night around the fire the story was "so this bear is walking along behind me picking up the little orange hors dueorves until he catches up with the big orange main course."

Ever since then, he never takes those orange cheesy peanut butter crackers with him anymore.

The End.

BigRedJed
3/20/2008, 01:44 PM
Nice post, War and Peace.

BigRedJed
3/20/2008, 01:46 PM
By the way... ...I think you can alternately carry vienna sausages if you're carrying a pack. At least that's what I always took turkey hunting. Maybe it's just a turkey hunting thing.

C&CDean
3/20/2008, 01:48 PM
By the way... ...I think you can alternately carry vienna sausages if you're carrying a pack. At least that's what I always took turkey hunting. Maybe it's just a turkey hunting thing.

You mean midget dicks?

That's what we called them when I was in the military. And I swore after my 3 years in that I would never eat another one of those damn things again.

BigRedJed
3/20/2008, 01:49 PM
Mmmm... ...midget dicks...

tulsaoilerfan
3/20/2008, 04:32 PM
Sorry dude, Lance > Austin.

lol, i don't do Austin either; it's Frito Lay, but unless you pass thru Henryetta i don't care what you buy. :D