C: Jon Cooper
RG:Brandon Walker
RT:Brandon Braxton/Trent Williams
TE: Jermaine Gresham

Defense

DE: Auston English
DT: DeMarcus Granger
DT: Gerald McCoy
DE: RJ Washington (maybe not opening day)
MLB: Ryan Reynolds
WLB:Lamont Robinson
SLB:Kennan Clayton (just a guess)
FS: Nic Harris
CB: Dominique Franks (Newcomer of the year)
CB:Lendy Holmes (going to want to impress the draft scouts this year)
SS:Brett Bowers

Special Teams

K: Jimmy Stevens
P: Mike Knall/ Michael Cohen
KR:Dominique Franks/DeMarco Murray/Juaquin Iglesias/Manuel Johnson
PR:Dominique Franks
H: Hays McEachern
LS: Derek Shaw

Even after losing 3 stud player, I still honestly see a dominant defense and offense this year.

SoonerTerry
3/19/2008, 12:11 PM

soonerinabilene
3/19/2008, 12:17 PM
I think Jeremy Beal at DE is going to blow people up this year. I would like to see Austin Box find a way to get out there also.

Theskipster
3/19/2008, 12:50 PM
Are you predicting John Williams getting hurt again?

cheezyq
3/19/2008, 12:56 PM

I think Williams starts with a nice rotation between the top 4/5 DEs on our roster.

Box will have a shot at the Will spot. I've read somewhere that we're adding a hybrid player that can switch between the Will and Nickel, so that we can match up better with offenses that like to motion and switch formations, and cover athletic TEs.

shaun4411
3/19/2008, 01:06 PM

we have an office pool at work on what date it'll happen. the mailroom guy got the spring game, a friend chose the first game of the season. i choose game 3.

Collier11
3/19/2008, 01:10 PM
Beal and English will combine to lead the big 12 in sacks!

picasso
3/19/2008, 01:12 PM
no way Bradford's a starter.

Crimson Kid
3/19/2008, 01:28 PM

ok??:confused:

CU Sooner
3/19/2008, 01:35 PM
I don;t think you will see bowers starting, the way jsckson has been reported to be playing in the spring may lead to moving either franks or holmes to safety. Also, robinson won't be starting at lb, box or one of the juco players will fill that spot. Just my opinion.

Rhino
3/19/2008, 02:01 PM
QB: Bradford / Halzle / Nichol / Jones
RB: Murray/ Brown / Madu / Calhoun / Johnson
FB: Clapp / Eldridge
WR: Chaney / Tennell / Owens / Miller
WR: Iglesias / Broyles / Stradford
WR: Johnson / Caleb / Wilson
LT: Loadholt / Brandon / Stephenson / Good
LG: Robinson / Cooke
OC: Cooper / Hannan / Habern
RG: Walker / Simmons
RT: Braxton / TWilliams / AWilliams / Mitchell
TE: Gresham / Eldridge / Mensik / Hanna

DE: English / Davis / Washington / Bumpus / Anderson
DE: Beal / JWilliams / Alexander / Macon / King
DT: Granger / Taylor / Moore / Walker
DT: McCoy / Bennett / McGee
WLB: Box / Lewis / Franklin
MLB: Reynolds / Balogun / Robinson
SLB: Clayton / Bryant / Crow
CB: Franks / Nelson / LHarris
CB: Holmes / BJackson / Fleming
SS: Carter / Proctor / Ibiloye / Bowers
FS: NHarris / Sims / DJackson

K: Stevens / Way / Moreland
P: Knall / Way
KR: Iglesias / Murray / Stradford / Sims / Broyles
PR: Franks / Broyles
H: MJohnson
LS: Shaw / KJohnson

the mailroom guy got the spring game Guess that's why he's the mailroom guy. Williams isn't playing this spring.

TopDawg
3/19/2008, 02:04 PM
:Dominique? These names keep getting weirder.

Collier11
3/19/2008, 02:08 PM
bowers is barely even on the team let alone starting

Dan Thompson
3/19/2008, 02:23 PM
Run the D again as a 3 4

JLEW1818
3/19/2008, 02:45 PM
Everybody knows that the o-line will be the top in the nation, but the left side has 2 potential first round picks for the draft that year. Wonder how many td's we will have to the left side. Oh and does anybody know if tennell will be ready by the end of the season?

Rhino
3/19/2008, 02:55 PM
Oh and does anybody know if tennell will be ready by the end of the season? More than likely he'll be ready halfway through the season.

fadada1
3/19/2008, 03:18 PM

it's the kinder, gentler sooner nation.

oupride
3/19/2008, 03:22 PM
Kennan Clayton to light it up, write it down.

JohnnyMack
3/19/2008, 03:38 PM
Rhino,

Jermie Calhoun all the way down at 4th string?

Rhino
3/19/2008, 04:18 PM
Jermie Calhoun all the way down at 4th string? Until he arrives on campus, yep. I didn't put any true frosh on that two-deep except Way.

JLEW1818
3/19/2008, 04:30 PM
I think we should red shirt Jermie Calhoun. We are deep at TB now. What do you guys think? If he's not going to be getting 20 carries a game, then I dont see the point of him playing this season, he always can come in if DM and brown go down for some wierd reason.

setem
3/19/2008, 04:34 PM
Murray
Brown
Calhoun

That is a sick set of RB's!

I really hope we run more Wildcat this year. I would like to see some sets where Nichol and Bradford are on the field at the same time. Maybe even see Murry or Calhoun throw the ball a little bit. JC played some QB in Texas.

I am stoked to see what Landry has to offer us. Sucks it is going to be a year or so before we do.

soonerfan28
3/19/2008, 07:38 PM
QB - Bradford
TB - (1)Murray,(2)Johnson,(2)Brown
FB - Clapp
WR - Iglesias, Chaney, Johnson
TE - Gresham or Eldridge
LT - Loadholt
LG - Robinson
C - Cooper
RG - Simmons
RT - Braxton

DE - Williams & Alexander
DT - Granger & Bennett
DT - McCoy & Taylor
DE - English & Beal
WLB - Box
MLB - Reynolds
SLB - Clayton
CB - Franks
FS - Holmes
SS - Harris
CB - Jackson

soonerfan28
3/19/2008, 07:42 PM
I think we should red shirt Jermie Calhoun. We are deep at TB now. What do you guys think? If he's not going to be getting 20 carries a game, then I dont see the point of him playing this season, he always can come in if DM and brown go down for some wierd reason.

I agree. I think with Johnson already on campus and learning the playbook then we should just redshirt Calhoun. Except for injury reasons he should just sit this year and get the playbook down.

AlbqSooner
3/19/2008, 07:52 PM
I agree. I think with Johnson already on campus and learning the playbook then we should just redshirt Calhoun. Except for injury reasons he should just sit this year and get the playbook down.

A lot of people thought this about the freshman running back a few years ago. Could not keep Adrian Peterson on the redshirt. Not saying Calhoun is in that class of back, but it would be a nice, though mild, surprise.

JLEW1818
3/19/2008, 08:14 PM
Either way we got some TB's out the wazoo that can all play!

soonerfan28
3/19/2008, 08:52 PM
I think we can say that the running backs on campus right now are better then Kejuan Jones was. He was a good back, but not a great back. Murray can be a great back and I personally would like to see him be the feature back. I can't see that happening with the players we have, but I think for me, being selfish, I would like to see Calhoun redshirt and have 4 years to play after this one. I think whoever is at the bottom of the depth chart redshirts.

JohnnyMack
3/19/2008, 08:54 PM
You simply don't redshirt TB's that talented.

That's OK, I think AD was 3rd on the depth chart when he showed up.

soonerfan28
3/19/2008, 09:05 PM
Calhoun's good, but he's not AD. Johnson was listed ahead of Calhoun on one recruiting service and I think Murray right now is better back. I can see not redshirting him if he comes in and picks up the playbook right away, but like I said before that is me being selfish and whoever is at the bottom of the depth chart redshirts. It doesn't make sense to not redshirt your 4th string back. Whoever that may be.

JLEW1818
3/19/2008, 09:36 PM
Like I said before, if calhoun is not getting 20 carries a game then why would he play fr year???????

Rhino
3/19/2008, 11:37 PM
JohnnyMack is correct that, more than likely, Calhoun won't redshirt.

I don't think the coaches want to have the same thing happen to Calhoun that happened to Murray - where Murray (due to injury) redshirted his first year and only plays two seasons before he bolts, more than likely.

If they feel Calhoun is an possible NFL early entrant, there's no way they won't try to (a) get some reps out of him or (b) get some special teams action from him.

KantoSooner
3/19/2008, 11:39 PM
I think it really depends on how they all look in practice over the next several months. We don't know whether Murray has lost anything with his knee injury, Johnson and Calhoun are freshmen and Brown is likewise coming back from injury, no? Madu is the only proven quantity who is fully healthy.
I am happy with the group. Real happy. And I think that Calhoun has the potential to become a complete freak of nature. I have a couple of friends who saw both in highschool who warn that demoting Calhoun below AD may be premature. Not saying they're right, but they were willing to come right out and speak the words. I'm looking forward to seeing the young man play.

Eielson
3/20/2008, 12:07 AM

:Dominique Franks and Lendy H:)lmes at corner.

soonerfan28
3/20/2008, 09:01 AM
AD was a true freak of nature and at this point Calhoun's not AD. He may be a great back, but I think what made Peterson so great was he had excellent vision on top of everything else. I would love to see Calhoun come in and do what Peterson did as a freshman. I say we go to the option with Clapp at fullback and Murray, Calhoun. That would be awesome.

JLEW1818
3/20/2008, 12:29 PM
Calhoun would not just rs play his rs fr and sophomore year then enter draft. When's the last time that has happened...... Mike Vick ????
Either way we will get 3 solid seasons out of him if we do RS him. It hardly ever happens when a player rs and plays 2 years and leaves. Oklahoma just has to face the facts, we get such good players, we only will see most of them for 3 years.

Rhino
3/20/2008, 02:22 PM
Sidney Rice did it last year.
Jermichael Finley did it this year.

Word is DeMarco Murray will do it next year.

JLEW1818
3/20/2008, 02:36 PM
I hope DM does not go.

PLaw
3/20/2008, 05:30 PM

Yeah, that Bradford kid really struggled last year. Don't see the coaches giving him another chance this season.;)

Right, I'm putting my money on MONEY SAM. I think we should all be disappointed if he doesn't get an invite to NYC in December.

BOOMER

JLEW1818
3/21/2008, 01:58 AM
I've heard people say that Nic Harris will move to SS, I think he will stay at FS......

soonerfan28
3/21/2008, 08:12 AM
They have said Lendy Holmes could play free safety or corner. I think we have better corners then we do safeties except maybe Proctor, so that means Holmes plays FS. Harris is so verstile he could play either. We'll find out for sure in the spring. Either way I say we get Harris closer to the line of scrimmage.

Collier11
3/21/2008, 10:47 AM
They have said Lendy Holmes could play free safety or corner. I think we have better corners then we do safeties except maybe Proctor, so that means Holmes plays FS. Harris is so verstile he could play either. We'll find out for sure in the spring. Either way I say we get Harris closer to the line of scrimmage.

I wish they would stick these players at positions and let them practice there, maybe the reason we have so many busts is because we are constantly shuffling people around all the time

Rhino
3/21/2008, 11:26 AM
After Sims gets here and Harris gets healthy, Holmes will be back at corner.

JLEW1818
3/22/2008, 12:17 AM
I think the Secondary will be better! Harris and Holmes have lots of experience. And my boy Franks is going to be the real deal, I cant wait to see it. ...........August 30 is coming.... kinda.

picasso
3/25/2008, 12:33 PM
no way Auston English starts.

JLEW1818
3/27/2008, 03:09 PM
Would ya'll consider the left side of are o-line to be the best in college football? I think this topic has been underestimated. Sammy will have nice protection on the blind side!

KantoSooner
3/27/2008, 07:09 PM
If they live up to potential? Yes.
If they jump offsides and run block like men 100 lbs lighter? Then they will frustrate me.

soonerfan28
3/28/2008, 08:16 AM
Loadholt needs to work on technique. He jumped offsides so many times last year because his technique sucked and he knew it. With another spring under his belt that should fix that and our line will be the best in the country. Duke needs to get his emotions in check and not kill drives with unsportsmanlike penalties.

starrca23
3/28/2008, 09:11 AM
One block each and stay out of DeMarco's way!!!

JLEW1818
3/28/2008, 10:23 PM
One block each and stay out of DeMarco's way!!!

I HEAR YA ON THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEN WE WILL BUST THEM WITH A LITTLE PASS TO CLAPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soonerfan28
4/3/2008, 09:55 AM
I know it may not happen this year, but it will be nice to see Frank Alexander rushing from one side with R.J Washington on the other. Maybe 09'.

soonerguild
4/3/2008, 10:19 AM
I might be out of the loop, but where did the rumors come from that have murray leaving after this year? Just wondering.

Collier11
4/3/2008, 10:48 AM
I might be out of the loop, but where did the rumors come from that have murray leaving after this year? Just wondering.

just fans expecting him to have a huge year and bolt for the cash

TheUnnamedSooner
4/3/2008, 11:06 AM
It's kinda weird not having 100 threads about who our QB is going to be!

soonerguild
4/3/2008, 11:27 AM
just fans expecting him to have a huge year and bolt for the cash

Well if thats the case, then lets hope their right. The thing most people, myself included, sometimes forget is that even though it sucks when it happens, for the long term guys leaving early is a good thing. Most big time recruits all think they are going to the NFL, and we put alot of guys there.

JLEW1818
4/3/2008, 01:11 PM
It's kinda weird not having 100 threads about who our QB is going to be!

Who will be the backup ??

effay
4/5/2008, 10:17 AM
Defense

DE: Auston English
DT: DeMarcus Granger
DT: Gerald McCoy
DE: RJ Washington (maybe not opening day)
MLB: Ryan Reynolds
WLB:Lamont Robinson
SLB:Kennan Clayton (just a guess)
FS: Nic Harris
CB: Dominique Franks (Newcomer of the year)
CB:Lendy Holmes (going to want to impress the draft scouts this year)
SS:Brett Bowers

Brett Bowers at SS? That will never happen.

JLEW1818
4/5/2008, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I just threw him out there b/c he was number 2 on the chart last year. From what I hear, Harris will be playing SS, and Holmes will be playing FS.

okienole3
4/7/2008, 10:42 PM
Brett Bowers at SS? That will never happen.

What do you have against the Fla Boi?

Collier11
4/7/2008, 10:59 PM
he cant even stay out of trouble with Coach, how will he even get on the field

JLEW1818
4/8/2008, 01:03 AM
Heard Roy Williams is coming back.... i wish

Theskipster
4/8/2008, 07:19 AM
Heard Roy Williams is coming back.... i wish

Bad timing. The NCAA approved the horsecollar tackle rule for the '08 season.

soonerfan28
4/8/2008, 08:41 AM
Is it a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty?

JLEW1818
4/8/2008, 02:04 PM
He's still my hero, always has been.

snp
4/10/2008, 10:18 AM
What do you have against the Fla Boi?

He's a punk and walked out on the check while I was serving him once. Plus he's been here for 4 years and never gotten any significant PT.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
4/11/2008, 10:46 PM
I think Travis Lewis will be a wildcard on D. He has looked good in the scrims and has all the tools. Hell he might be able to outrun most anyone on the team, as he's been clocked with a sub 4.4 forty, I look for big things from him. I think Box has more football smarts, but he doesnt have the god given talent/strenght that Lewis has. I know he came in at around 210-215 now hes up around 230-235 and if he's still capable of a sub 4.4 thats some scary shiat right there.......

goingoneight
4/12/2008, 01:38 AM
From what I know... which is admittedly very little this spring, here's my guess:

QB: Sam Bradford, Joey Halzle
RSQB: Keith Nichol, Landry Jones (a fluke injury to Sam could seriously shake things up between Halzle and Nichol, though... with slight experience edge to Halzle)

RB: Demarco Murray, Chris Brown, then wide open between Madu, Johnson and Calhoun

TE: Gresham, Eldridge, Mensik, Ratteree/Hanna

WR (Kelly/Jones-type... deep-ball, big guy): Quentin Chaney, Jameel Owens, Adron Tennell in no particular order.
WR (Clayton-esque possesion receiver): Iglesias, Broyles
WR (checkdown) Manuel Johnson, Tyler Stradford, Corey Wilson

OL will probably and most likely remain the same since they did good last year and everyone's back. Stoops really likes Donald Stephenson, though and Stephen Good is supposed to be a tank. The troubled starters (Loadholt and Williams) are unlikely to lose their role, but will be pushed the most by the coaches and young talent.

K: (KO) Way, (PK) Stevens
P: Knall, possibly Way.

KR: Murray, Iglesias, Broyles, Stradford
PR: Franks, Murray, Broyles, and I think I heard Sims was supposed to be good at this, too. Still, the top three is deeper than we've had since Perkins/Clayton/Bradley, so we're seemingly good here.

DE: English and Beal start; Williams, Alexander, Bumpus and a few other n00bs. Are Pryce macon and Alan Davis still on board?
DT: McCoy and Granger, Coleman and just guessing Casey Walker will redshirt, but be ready to play in the event of an injury or two (like we had with Beal at DE last year).

LB: No idea other than they like Ryan Reynolds at MLB... sort of the "quarterback of the defense." Makes sense if he's healthy because he knows the playbook the best. Balogun, Bryant, Box, Lewis, Clayton... it should definitely be interesting.

CB: Lendy Holmes, Dominique Franks
CB: Brian Jackson, Jonathan Nelson, Jamelle Fleming
SS: Nic Harris, David Sims
FS: Quentin Carter, Sam Proctor

Rhino
4/12/2008, 12:59 PM
Ryan Reynolds at MLB... sort of the "quarterback of the defense." Makes sense if he's healthy because he knows the playbook the best. If RR knows the playbook the best, we're in trouble at LB.

CatfishSooner
4/12/2008, 03:51 PM
why?

JLEW1818
4/13/2008, 03:11 PM
Big shoes to fill. Just as much leadership as on the field, will be needed off the field too. by rr

soonerfan28
4/14/2008, 10:18 AM
From what I know... which is admittedly very little this spring, here's my guess:

QB: Sam Bradford, Joey Halzle
RSQB: Keith Nichol, Landry Jones (a fluke injury to Sam could seriously shake things up between Halzle and Nichol, though... with slight experience edge to Halzle)

RB: Demarco Murray, Chris Brown, then wide open between Madu, Johnson and Calhoun

TE: Gresham, Eldridge, Mensik, Ratteree/Hanna

WR (Kelly/Jones-type... deep-ball, big guy): Quentin Chaney, Jameel Owens, Adron Tennell in no particular order.
WR (Clayton-esque possesion receiver): Iglesias, Broyles
WR (checkdown) Manuel Johnson, Tyler Stradford, Corey Wilson

OL will probably and most likely remain the same since they did good last year and everyone's back. Stoops really likes Donald Stephenson, though and Stephen Good is supposed to be a tank. The troubled starters (Loadholt and Williams) are unlikely to lose their role, but will be pushed the most by the coaches and young talent.

K: (KO) Way, (PK) Stevens
P: Knall, possibly Way.

KR: Murray, Iglesias, Broyles, Stradford
PR: Franks, Murray, Broyles, and I think I heard Sims was supposed to be good at this, too. Still, the top three is deeper than we've had since Perkins/Clayton/Bradley, so we're seemingly good here.

DE: English and Beal start; Williams, Alexander, Bumpus and a few other n00bs. Are Pryce macon and Alan Davis still on board?
DT: McCoy and Granger, Coleman and just guessing Casey Walker will redshirt, but be ready to play in the event of an injury or two (like we had with Beal at DE last year).

LB: No idea other than they like Ryan Reynolds at MLB... sort of the "quarterback of the defense." Makes sense if he's healthy because he knows the playbook the best. Balogun, Bryant, Box, Lewis, Clayton... it should definitely be interesting.

CB: Lendy Holmes, Dominique Franks
CB: Brian Jackson, Jonathan Nelson, Jamelle Fleming
SS: Nic Harris, David Sims
FS: Quentin Carter, Sam Proctor

I can't see Franks backing up anybody after the way he played in the spring game. I say Holmes at FS, because he has experience. I know we get Sims in the fall, but Franks is to good to not start.

soonerfan28
4/14/2008, 10:24 AM
I wonder if Reynolds will ever pan out. He looks like White after the two knee surgeries. I like his attitude, but if he can't get any quickness back then it might be Balogun in the middle, which is not a bad thing. I don't think Bryant will start over Box or Lewis and it looks like Clayton has the strongside position. I wouldn't mind seeing Box in the middle.

sooner KB
4/14/2008, 10:28 AM
Hasn't Beal been playing at LB this spring and Holmes at S?

soonerfan28
4/14/2008, 10:45 AM
I think Beal will be playing DE, but I know he played MLB some last spring because of depth. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the middle. Holmes has played some safety and I remember Stoops saying that Holmes would play wherever they needed him to. It depended on who stepped up in the spring. It looks like Jackson and Franks could be the starters.

JLEW1818
4/14/2008, 11:21 AM
Dline= stacked, Secondary = stacked, Lbs = question mark.

IronHorseSooner
4/15/2008, 10:11 AM
I agree that Clayton will be at the Sam position. Don't be surprised if Lewis is at the Will. The Mike, even though most think it is RR, could be the last one decided. If it weren't for the injuries, RR would make a great Mike. I agree Balogun is the starter if RR isn't. We might also see a 5-DB set, as well, with Nic playing a Roy-back and Sims in at Safety. With Nic's size, it would be like having a LB who can run like a corner, and he's a senior. I say this because Sims', also, had sub 4.4 speed and was a playmaker at safety in JUCO. If this were the case, the back seven will be FAST!!!

soonerfan28
4/15/2008, 01:08 PM
My only problem with Sims is will he have enough time to understand the defense. He has all of the talent in the world, but the offenses are more complex in the Big 12. I can't wait to see him returning punts though.

Collier11
4/15/2008, 01:11 PM
I think Beal will be playing DE, but I know he played MLB some last spring because of depth. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the middle. Holmes has played some safety and I remember Stoops saying that Holmes would play wherever they needed him to. It depended on who stepped up in the spring. It looks like Jackson and Franks could be the starters.

Apparently they have been working Beal at the hybrid position ala Merriman.

Collier11
4/15/2008, 01:12 PM
I wonder if Reynolds will ever pan out. He looks like White after the two knee surgeries. I like his attitude, but if he can't get any quickness back then it might be Balogun in the middle, which is not a bad thing. I don't think Bryant will start over Box or Lewis and it looks like Clayton has the strongside position. I wouldn't mind seeing Box in the middle.

This is his first spring and summer that he isnt recovering from a knee injury. He should be able to regain some quickness

soonerfan28
4/15/2008, 01:30 PM
This is his first spring and summer that he isnt recovering from a knee injury. He should be able to regain some quickness

I hope so because he was such a talent coming out of high school and I have really wanted to see him be productive.

soonerfan28
4/15/2008, 01:31 PM
Apparently they have been working Beal at the hybrid position ala Merriman.

If that's true that would be nice. We have some real players at DE and could use him at LB.

Collier11
4/15/2008, 01:34 PM
We appear to be a whole lot faster, we will see but I am liking what I am hearing

JLEW1818
4/16/2008, 06:27 PM
Any direct snaps in the spring?? I know DM was out but still .... just wondering

Sooner_09
4/20/2008, 05:21 PM
None that I recall but I missed the second scrimmage. Anyone else?

JLEW1818
4/24/2008, 11:55 AM
Is Franks going to be the PR/KR ??

Sooner_09
4/24/2008, 11:59 AM
More than likely yes he is

Collier11
4/24/2008, 12:12 PM
I would imagine that KR will be between Murray, Iglesias, and Sims while PR will be between Franks and Sims

soonerfan28
4/24/2008, 01:02 PM
From the highlights I say Sims will be PR. Franks didn't do anything to impress me in that regard last year when he had the chance. He'll be one hell of CB.

goingoneight
4/24/2008, 10:50 PM
Franks was just a young guy getting his feet wet, though... and FWIW, the coaches are sold on Stradford, M. Johnson and Broyles for now on punt returns. Murray and Iglesias led the nation in KOR last year, so unless we have someone just ungodly better, those guys have it locked up.

JLEW1818
4/25/2008, 01:44 AM
I love seeing Iggy and Murray on returns... BUT how much is too much talent on kick returns I know we CANT GET THEM HURT.... I'm not going to lie, I do not know as much as you guys know about football.. So what happens... Do we take a risk all year.....? I'M JUST WONDERING, not too much knowledge about this. GOD BLESS THE SOONERS!!!!!!!!

Collier11
4/25/2008, 11:32 AM
You have to put your best players on the field, usuc never took reggie bush off the field, Mizzou keeps Maclin out there, etc... you need your playmakers on the field as much as possible

IronHorseSooner
4/25/2008, 12:01 PM
I wouldn't be shocked to Sims out there on KO returns, possibly replacing Iggy.

Collier11
4/25/2008, 01:46 PM
Sims looks very dynamic on film, lets hope it translates to D1 and we could be really exciting in the return game with Sims and Murray

JLEW1818
4/26/2008, 12:17 AM
Any Brown on returns?

goingoneight
4/26/2008, 12:35 AM
Brown is a short yardage back, he's not a flashy guy or a dynamic runner... he'd probably be something like Reggie Smith and Kejuan Jones. The guys on returns need good moves, speed, vision and can't hesitate. If you hesitate on returns, you get nailed... if you don't have great speed, you get caught up to and stripped... if you don't have a good vision and feel for returns, you get five yard returns and turnovers.

JLEW1818
4/26/2008, 08:38 PM
When will we know if Calhoun is going to RS or not?

Rhino
4/26/2008, 09:25 PM
Next January-ish.

JLEW1818
4/27/2008, 08:32 PM
I cant wait to see RJ Washington play, bet they put some more meat on him.

OU_Sooners75
5/6/2008, 04:52 PM
Defense:
DE - Auston English - Jr *
DT - DeMarcus Granger - Jr *
DT - Gerald McCoy - So *
DE - Jeremy Beal - So * or John Williams -Sr
SLB - Ryan Reynolds- Jr *
MLB - Mike Balogun - Jr
WLB - J.R. Bryant - Jr or Austin Box -rFR
CB - Dominique Franks - So
SS - David Sims - Jr
FS - Nic Harris - Sr *
CB - Lendy Holmes - Sr *

Offense:
QB - Sam Bradford -So *
RB - DeMarco Murray - So *
WR - Juaquin Iglesias -Sr *
WR - Manual Johnson - Sr *
WR - Braden Caleb -Jr
TE - Jermaine Gresham - Jr *
LT - Phil Loadholt - Sr *
LG - Duke Robinson - Sr *
C - Jon Cooper - Sr *
RG - Branndon Braxton - Sr *
RT - Trent Williams - Jr *

* = Started at least 1 game in 2007.

JLEW1818
5/6/2008, 09:44 PM
I got a feeling that Holmes will be at FS, and Nic as SS.

soonerfan28
5/6/2008, 09:49 PM
I don't know that Balogun or Bryant can pick up he D that quick. If they can that looks like a pretty good D, but Clayton will be the starter at SLB.

cjones
5/7/2008, 01:54 PM
You simply don't redshirt TB's that talented.

That's OK, I think AD was 3rd on the depth chart when he showed up.

Yes and AP was second string in Minnesota until he broke the NFL single game rushing record.

Collier11
5/7/2008, 01:55 PM
Yes and AP was second string in Minnesota until he broke the NFL single game rushing record.

Allen Patrick played for the Vikings last yr? I thought that was AD, or Adrian Peterson

cjones
5/7/2008, 02:01 PM
It does not matter where Beal plays as long as he gets to fire at the QB and RB. He makes plays in the other teams backfield and can cover TE's.
He will be a top pick in the NFL draft when he leaves.

Murray should not be on special teams this year even though he is good at it. We need him as our feature RB. He got hurt last year at TT on an onside kick. We need smarter coaches.

JLEW1818
5/7/2008, 02:08 PM
why don't you coach them?

snp
5/7/2008, 02:14 PM
It does not matter where Beal plays as long as he gets to fire at the QB and RB. He makes plays in the other teams backfield and can cover TE's.
He will be a top pick in the NFL draft when he leaves.

Murray should not be on special teams this year even though he is good at it. We need him as our feature RB. He got hurt last year at TT on an onside kick. We need smarter coaches.

He's the best athlete on the team and that was the most important play of the year. Recover that ball and score, OU is still in the NC.

We need smarter posters.

soonerfan28
5/7/2008, 02:22 PM
He's the best athlete on the team and that was the most important play of the year. Recover that ball and score, OU is still in the NC.

We need smarter posters.

If you are talking about Murray on the onside then that is where he dislocated his kneecap and I don't think he could recover it.

snp
5/7/2008, 02:41 PM
If you are talking about Murray on the onside then that is where he dislocated his kneecap and I don't think he could recover it.

Yea, I know.

I don't care what you think; I care what Stoops thinks.

soonerfan28
5/7/2008, 02:48 PM
What did Stoops think. I agree we should have him return kickoffs. He's electric. I was only talking about one play.

snp
5/7/2008, 02:55 PM
That he could recover the ball on the onside kick.

soonerfan28
5/7/2008, 02:57 PM
Well Bob's the man, but I would have to disagree. From the angle I was watching it looked like he got hurt before he went 10 yards.

snp
5/7/2008, 03:31 PM
We aren't talking about if actually recovered the ball on that play. We are talking about why he was in the onside kick formation in the first place. I know he crumpled up in a heap before any contact was initiated, which just bolsters my arguement. It's not like he got injured blowing up the first line of the hands team but rather a freak accident.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/7/2008, 03:49 PM
If your kicking an on side kick, it seems you would want your best athletes on the field at the time...Thats what made Stoops special teams so good in the early years BTW...best athletes on the field

JLEW1818
5/7/2008, 05:06 PM
hopefully we wont be in that situation at all this year, to return or kick on side kicks.