PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma State is embarrassing the state

badger
3/18/2008, 09:51 PM
Should they:

A- Drop "Oklahoma" from their name...
B- Drop "University" from their name...
C- Change the "S" to stand for "SUCKY" because that's how they're playing!

On that note, I fully hope that Tulsa does not embarrass us in the CBI, ORU plays well against Pitt and we ace our first round against St. Joe's. OSU does NOT deserve anymore mention of Oklahomans in the post season :mad:

bri
3/18/2008, 09:58 PM
Tulsa and aggy should have swapped tourneys. :D

Mixer!
3/18/2008, 10:16 PM
And yet, there will be the inevitable thread in this forum within 48 hours on Holder dropping the ax on Sutton. :pop:

tommieharris91
3/18/2008, 10:16 PM
What is the CBI? Is it like the basketball version of the Insight.com GMAC Mobile Alabama Bowl?

badger
3/18/2008, 10:19 PM
And yet, there will be the inevitable thread in this forum within 48 hours on Holder dropping the ax on Sutton. :pop:

I have asked "the experts" on this and the gut feeling is that Sutton is fired because there has been no vote of confidence or any sign of support from Holder or T. Boone.

Of course, there's always the possibility that they change their minds, but after tonight's abysmal showing they better let some time heal the wounds pokes feel tonight before making any announcements.

bri
3/18/2008, 10:26 PM
I thought getting the "vote of confidence" meant you were as good as fired?

And ha ha, aggy!

I didn't even realize they didn't get to host their NIT game. Which raises the question, is it better to play on the road in the NIT or at home in the CBI? :D

badger
3/18/2008, 10:33 PM
There is a wonderful meltdown at OP.com going on now - they are eliminating any Sean critique threads as quickly as they begin - some think Bill Self will save them after losing with the Jayhawks - most everyone seems to be glad the miserable season is over.

More interestingly, they are griping that our new, young coach is doing much better than their new, young coach.

With all the comparisons to us all the time, no wonder Sean Sutton looks ill as of late. It's like the pressure the NBA put on rising young starts a decade ago to be the next Jordan - YOU CAN'T BE THE NEXT JORDAN! Be the only you, Sean!

...on that note, whether he's fired or not, it's good for us. Sean has not been able to beat us (or get his team up for beating us, even on senior night) as of late. However, if he is released, recruits can have the knowledge that any coach that recruits them might not be there by the time they step on campus :D

bri
3/18/2008, 10:39 PM
Yeah, but there's always the outside chance that aggy could replace him with - gulp - someone competent.

But, knowing aggy, they'll just try and partially reanimate Henry Iba and send him out there in one of those Captain Pike wheelchairs with the blinking "yes/no" lights. :D

Big Red Ron
3/18/2008, 10:46 PM
Tulsa and aggy should have swapped tourneys. :D
I wish they'd trade conferences.

bri
3/18/2008, 10:59 PM
Meh, I'm not that crazy. I agree that the Big XII would be better off trading aggy for someone else, but I'm a realist. You think people bitch about Baylor, just imagine if the smallest Division I school in the country was in the conference. :D

tommieharris91
3/18/2008, 11:01 PM
Meh, I'm not that crazy. I agree that the Big XII would be better off trading aggy for someone else, but I'm a realist. You think people bitch about Baylor, just imagine if the smallest Division I school in the country was in the conference. :D

Look at Wake Forest in the ACC. Almost a similar situation, and close to the big basketball schools, and still get NBA talent.

Big Red Ron
3/18/2008, 11:14 PM
Only until they start dominating Baylor, TTeck, ISU, and aTm in football and basketball. ;)

Collier11
3/18/2008, 11:16 PM
Should they:

D- Change name to OSSU, oklahoma stinky sh*t university

On that note, I fully hope that Tulsa does not embarrass us in the CBI, ORU plays well against Pitt and we ace our first round against St. Joe's. OSU does NOT deserve anymore mention of Oklahomans in the post season :mad:

Fixed! :D

Collier11
3/18/2008, 11:18 PM

we need osu in the big 12 as much as I hate to say it for what little noteriety and $ they bring to us in baseball, golf, wrasslin, and for the fact that they will always be one of those nationally perceived "teams on the rise" without ever being a threat to us.

Mixer!
3/18/2008, 11:21 PM
There is a wonderful meltdown at OP.com going on now - they are eliminating any Sean critique threads as quickly as they begin - some think Bill Self will save them after losing with the Jayhawks - most everyone seems to be glad the miserable season is over.

More interestingly, they are griping that our new, young coach is doing much better than their new, young coach.
Yeah, they also think they can hire Gonzaga's Mark Few;or the Saluki's Chris Lowery. And yeah, I think Jeff ****ing Capel has shut all his detractors up. He needs an extension and a raise.

With all the comparisons to us all the time, no wonder Sean Sutton looks ill as of late. It's like the pressure the NBA put on rising young starts a decade ago to be the next Jordan - YOU CAN'T BE THE NEXT JORDAN! Be the only you, Sean!
I think he is. All those orange fools should've realized that they were getting Bocephus/Dale Jr. and not Hank/Dale Sr.

...on that note, whether he's fired or not, it's good for us. Sean has not been able to beat us (or get his team up for beating us, even on senior night) as of late. However, if he is released, recruits can have the knowledge that any coach that recruits them might not be there by the time they step on campus :D
The downfall started when they recruited that ALL*UNIVERSE~! class after their last final four (insert Mos Eisley quote here). What will be fun to watch will be the endless meltdown threads when Sutton's taking his new team to the dance, and aggy realizing in horror once again that they didn't know what a good thing they had until the Billionaire & the Bumpkin got rid of it. :cool:

bri
3/18/2008, 11:27 PM
Holy lord, could you imagine Tulsa and Tech having yearly football games?

FIRST ONE TO 100 WINS! :D

Piware
3/19/2008, 12:03 AM
The Pukes are one and done and I am LMAO. I hope they keep the Rat Faced Boy for a couple more years as that makes it almost too easy for the rest of the Big XII.

I find it interesting that the dummies have never figured out that old drunk Eddie is the one that sold them this bad bill of goods, i.e. "head coach designate" and campaigning harder than Obama for an endorsement from Holder.

In the words of one OP.com poster, "the Suttons are royalty here". Guess the Suttons should have asked Marie Antoinette how that worked out for her.

badger
3/19/2008, 07:54 AM
Why Pokes lose:
1- No defense, only the "highest powered offense in the universe."
2- When they lose offense, they lose everything.

Basketball and football are interchangeable here :D

Mixer!
3/19/2008, 08:18 AM
THAT AIN'T TROOOO!!! THAT'S INAKERAT!!! [hairGel]

badger
3/19/2008, 08:29 AM
THAT AIN'T TROOOO!!! THAT'S INAKERAT!!! [hairGel]

I'll one-up that:
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1964/pukehd1.jpg
And a response from Jenni?
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4176/carlson6sy3.jpg
I agree, OSU threads suck :D
I shouldn't be talking, I'm the one that started it :rolleyes:
:pop:

cheezyq
3/19/2008, 09:27 AM
I agree, OSU sucks :D
:pop:

Fixed.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/19/2008, 09:37 AM
I'm all for Ratboy coaching OSU for the next 20 years so I hope he keeps his job.

bri
3/19/2008, 10:14 AM
The Pukes are one and done and I am LMAO. I hope they keep the Rat Faced Boy for a couple more years as that makes it almost too easy for the rest of the Big XII.

I find it interesting that the dummies have never figured out that old drunk Eddie is the one that sold them this bad bill of goods, i.e. "head coach designate" and campaigning harder than Obama for an endorsement from Holder.

In the words of one OP.com poster, "the Suttons are royalty here". Guess the Suttons should have asked Marie Antoinette how that worked out for her.

They got what they deserved. Fawning all over a guy who almost destroyed Kentucky's program with rampant cheating, then when the drunk almost killed a woman they rallied around him like it was Santa going on trial at the end of Miracle on 34th Streeet. F*ck aggy.

walkoffsooner
3/19/2008, 11:16 AM
Rat boy will be licking the bottom of the glass soon. He needs a taste to forget all his problems. It was easier for daddy to get him a job than to do the job.

shaun4411
3/19/2008, 12:30 PM
Should they:

so , just call them sucky?

SoonerBOI
3/19/2008, 03:07 PM
But, but they are basketball royalty...:D :D :D
-------------------------------------
Bowers2
Deputy
Re: Public Perception of our (Proud) Basketball Program

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oklahoma A&M and Kansas were the two ORIGINAL college basketball powerhouses! Henry Iba and Phog Allen are you kidding me? Two MAJOR contributors to the evolution of the game of basketball. I certainly think we can be mentioned in the same breath as Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, and UCLA in historic and tradition-rich college basketball programs!__________________

badger
3/19/2008, 03:21 PM
I know we shouldn't talk before our first tourney game, but hey, we beat them twice and they are out of the NIT already when we have yet to start the NCAA's :D

Collier11
3/19/2008, 03:33 PM
but they beat Indiana in the insight and we lost to wv in the fiesta...they say that makes them better and stuff

bri
3/19/2008, 03:33 PM
But, but they are basketball royalty...:D :D :D
-------------------------------------
Bowers2
Deputy
Re: Public Perception of our (Proud) Basketball Program

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oklahoma A&M and Kansas were the two ORIGINAL college basketball powerhouses! Henry Iba and Phog Allen are you kidding me? Two MAJOR contributors to the evolution of the game of basketball. I certainly think we can be mentioned in the same breath as Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, and UCLA in historic and tradition-rich college basketball programs!__________________

Meanwhile, Yale and Harvard want to be included in all conversations about college football powerhouses.

What a bunch of f*cking retards. Every last one of them.

badger
3/19/2008, 06:30 PM
bri, I think you've won the award for "Sooner who most despises Aggy"

shaun4411
3/19/2008, 07:04 PM
is cbi for all the underachieving teams who couldnt win get to the nit?

bri
3/19/2008, 07:16 PM

Awesome! :D

And yeah, the CBI is kind of the Nigerian email scam of postseason play. You have to pay them $60,000 up front to get to host a home game, and there's no TV.

Eielson
3/19/2008, 11:39 PM
I know we shouldn't talk before our first tourney game, but hey, we beat them twice and they are out of the NIT already when we have yet to start the NCAA's :D

Well, we could still lose by 16 in the first round and still be the clearly better team.

bri
3/19/2008, 11:42 PM
Hell, every time I operate a flush toilet and don't stare at it slack-jawed asking "Where'd it go?" I'm clearly better than aggy.

badger
3/20/2008, 08:21 AM
Hell, every time I operate a flush toilet and don't stare at it slack-jawed asking "Where'd it go?" I'm clearly better than aggy.

You're pushing for Aggy Hater of the Year, I see... well, in that case, I must "agg" you on more...

Could you please tell us who is in charge at OSU? It certainly must be the head coaches, such as Sean Sutton, not to mention Mike Holder and their newly appointed president. That is how a university operates, right?

Mixer!
3/20/2008, 10:26 AM
Woman, it's BSU - BOONE STATE UNDERACHEIVERS!

Piware
3/20/2008, 10:38 AM

Bri is the pinnacle but I have aspirations of passing her On the other hand, if AD can be a runner up, so can I and will bear it with grace and dignity.

NormanPride
3/20/2008, 11:19 AM
Heh.

tulsaoilerfan
3/20/2008, 11:25 AM
The funny thing about their basketball "tradition" is they always throw out the 2 championships they won back in the 40's; what they conveniently forget is the NIT was the major championship to win back then and the NCAA clearly played second fiddle; hard to imagine that but it's true

wishbonesooner
3/20/2008, 01:41 PM
They truly think they're in the same class as Kentucky and North Carolina, Duke, UCLA. Funny thing, you ask a basketball fan about OSU, and they have no idea they even play basletball there.

bri
3/20/2008, 02:24 PM
As far as I'm concerned, aggy's "basketball tradition" consists of a drunk driver almost killing a woman, three straight NIT opening round losses, and Byron Houston ruining the inside of his windshield in the middle of the day.

Statalyzer
3/20/2008, 04:30 PM
C is redundant without A.

sooneron
3/20/2008, 09:13 PM
There's always wrasslin'.

oops