PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa with the Kids

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/18/2008, 10:55 AM
I'm taking my niece and nephew to the OK Aquarium tomorrow. We will also be going to the Air and Space Museum. Is there anything else we should do while we are there? How far is Woodland Hills Mall from the Aquarium? I was thinking of staying the night in that area.

mxATVracer10
3/18/2008, 10:59 AM
the mall's not too far away from the aquarium. Just get back on HWY169, take the memorial exit and continue north. The only other place that comes to mind right now would be Incredible Pizza, which is right across the street from Woodland Hills...

Oldnslo
3/18/2008, 11:00 AM
How old are the kids?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/18/2008, 11:02 AM
7 and 8

JohnnyMack
3/18/2008, 11:13 AM
I'm taking my niece and nephew to the OK Aquarium tomorrow. We will also be going to the Air and Space Museum. Is there anything else we should do while we are there? How far is Woodland Hills Mall from the Aquarium? I was thinking of staying the night in that area.

WHM is prolly 15 minutes from the Aquarium.

Los Cabos right next to the Aquarium is decent Messican for lunch.

Or you could do something like Claud's, Brownie's or Weber's hamburgers for lunch. Old fashioned Hamburger stands.

They're probably too young for Philbrook/Gilcrease.

If you end up staying over there is Hyatt Place at 71st & Yale (near the mall, not far from the aquarium).

http://tulsa.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp

Or you can stay with Picasso, I can give you his address.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/18/2008, 11:26 AM
Is that Holiday Inn by the aquarium nice? Hyatt is a little too high-falootin. I just want a decent motel with an indoor pool.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/18/2008, 11:29 AM
Well that Hyatt is only $129. Not too bad.

Soonrboy
3/18/2008, 12:04 PM
The Tulsa Zoo is pretty nice. It's in North Tulsa though

achiro
3/18/2008, 12:10 PM
Another vote for incredible pizza on 71st across from woodland hills mall. The kids will love you for it and the food ain't bad.

StoopTroup
3/18/2008, 12:18 PM
The Radison at 41st and Garnett has a good breakfast buffet and a Sports Bar plus it has the Leapin Louies Lagoon indoor pool. They also have a nice computer area for guests where you can post on Soonerfans while the kids are in the pool.

Make sure you see the Planetarium while your at the Air and Space Museum. I think you can buy tickets for both the museum and the planetarium at the same time. Also...careful... the museum has a gift shop and the kids will want you to get em something. They also have one of those penny crushers where if you put 50 cents in it squishes out a commemorative penny for you.

Okla-homey
3/18/2008, 12:31 PM
lunch at Night Trips? Hey, they gotta learn about skanks sooner or later. Might as well be with a family member when they do it.;)

JohnnyMack
3/18/2008, 12:38 PM
Well that Hyatt is only $129. Not too bad.

Yeah it used to be an AmeriSuites but now it's a Hyatt Place. It's in a great location and the rooms are all suites.

SoonerInKCMO
3/18/2008, 12:53 PM
lunch at Night Trips? Hey, they gotta learn about skanks sooner or later. Might as well be with a family member when they do it.;)

And the food's a bargain. Win-win.

Okla-homey
3/18/2008, 01:07 PM
Seriously, if they like cowboys and Indians stuff, take them to the Gilcrease Museum. My 9 y/o nephew thought he had died and gone to heaven when I took him there.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/18/2008, 04:37 PM
Yeah my friend told me the Gilcrease had some cool stuff.

I'm nixing Incredible Pizza. They live in Grapevine, so they have Mountasia or something else down there.

Thanks for the suggestions! I wish I had read about the Radisson earlier.

StoopTroup
3/18/2008, 04:50 PM
I went to an Dinner / Auction at Gilcrease around Christmas and they have really fixed up the museum even more since the last time I was out there.

We didn't have the kids with us as it was a Black Tie type event, but I'm sure they would have been fascinated by lots of the displays and the huge Moran Paintings and the Remington bronzes.

Kudos to the Folks keeping the Gilcrease a nice place.

Also if your gonna lean toward staying Downtown...the Doubletree has a fairly decent breakfast...I'm saddened that they no longer have a chef making omelets and fresh waffles though. Also the days of the huge shrimp and crab displays seem gone as well. The deserts were a disappointment as the selection has been thinned. The food is still OK...just not like it used to be.