PDA

View Full Version : Playa Del Carmen

ADs_Agent
3/18/2008, 09:32 AM
The wife and I are going to the El Dorado Royale this summer, what's there to do in Playa?

Partial Qualifier
3/18/2008, 10:37 AM
I think there's some ancient Mayan ruins near there.. that'd be cool

85Sooner
3/18/2008, 10:39 AM
Try this place, We had a great time here and its just a short drive.

http://www.xcaret.com/

Taxman71
3/18/2008, 11:36 AM
A thumbs up for Xcaret. It has a sand beach cove for being lazy, a snorkel cove where fish swim all around you and the nighttime Mayan show is great. Cool animals too. Wear your swimsuit the whole time with one of those waterproof wallets around your neck (they sell them there).

r5TPsooner
3/18/2008, 01:36 PM
Mostly European's walking around nude.

scotplum
3/18/2008, 04:20 PM
The wife and I are going to the El Dorado Royale this summer, what's there to do in Playa?

I stayed there last summer with my wife. It's a very nice "couples" resort. Any chance you are staying in a swim up suite?

We did go to Chichen Itza and really enjoyed it however, it's about a 3 hour bus ride just to get there. Of course, you can scuba and snorkel and all of that fun stuff. I recommend the asian restaurant (can't remember the name) as it was my favorite. We also took advantage of the included room-service quite often.

ChickSoonerFan
3/18/2008, 04:47 PM
Playa is great. You will love it. Xcaret is worth the trip. The Starbucks in town has the cleanest bathrooms if you are out walking around. Just in case.