PDA

View Full Version : Missouri suspends linebacker Marquis Booker

oupride
3/18/2008, 09:23 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=Aulkp2KdjfitnNeLg.Labw8cvrYF?slug=ap-missouri-arrest&prov=ap&type=lgns
Mar 17, 5:14 pm EDT
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP)—Missouri linebacker Marquis Booker was suspended Monday following his arrest in which police said he threatened to “light the place up” and grabbed a handgun from his car during a parking lot argument.

The 20-year-old sophomore backup was arrested early Sunday outside an apartment complex on suspicion of unlawfully using a weapon and an underage liquor law violation, police said. He was released from the Boone County Jail after posting a $4,800 bond.

Booker cocked the gun but did not point it at anyone, according to police. He drove off with four others as officers arrived. Officers found a loaded 9-millimeter Ruger handgun under the front passenger seat. Booker said the gun was his.

Booker could not immediately be reached for comment Monday.

Also in the car, and not arrested, were: wide receiver Jeremy Maclin, an All-American as a freshman; junior linebacker Sean Weatherspoon, the team’s leading tackler last season; a football recruit; and a female student.

Missouri finished the 2007 season with a 12-2 record and a No. 4 ranking in one of its most successful seasons. The Tigers began spring practice March 11.

Blitzkrieg
3/18/2008, 11:22 AM
Maclin is the real story. Booker is an average player.

cvsooner
3/18/2008, 11:32 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=Aulkp2KdjfitnNeLg.Labw8cvrYF?slug=ap-missouri-arrest&prov=ap&type=lgns
Mar 17, 5:14 pm EDT
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP)—Missouri linebacker Marquis Booker was suspended Monday following his arrest in which police said he threatened to “light the place up” and grabbed a handgun from his car during a parking lot argument.

The 20-year-old sophomore backup was arrested early Sunday outside an apartment complex on suspicion of unlawfully using a weapon and an underage liquor law violation, police said. He was released from the Boone County Jail after posting a $4,800 bond.

Booker cocked the gun but did not point it at anyone, according to police. He drove off with four others as officers arrived. Officers found a loaded 9-millimeter Ruger handgun under the front passenger seat. Booker said the gun was his.

Booker could not immediately be reached for comment Monday.

Also in the car, and not arrested, were: wide receiver Jeremy Maclin, an All-American as a freshman; junior linebacker Sean Weatherspoon, the team’s leading tackler last season; a football recruit; and a female student.

Missouri finished the 2007 season with a 12-2 record and a No. 4 ranking in one of its most successful seasons. The Tigers began spring practice March 11.

I bolded the part I thought was really interesting here. What do you suppose the NCAA might think of that?

BillyBall
3/18/2008, 11:38 AM
Jameel Owens was in a car with players at Tennessee when 2 got arrested for possession of smoke. Nothing will happen to the recruit, Maclin or Weatherspoon.

Booker on the other hand is screwed.

Flagstaffsooner
3/18/2008, 12:41 PM
Missou eating up The Fulmer Cup (http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2008/03/17/fulmer-cupdate-missouri-lights-it-up/).

adoniijahsooner
3/19/2008, 12:12 AM
Jim ROme said on his show today that this is evidence that mizzou is going to be an elite program from now on, recruiting questionable characters for their talent.

goingoneight
3/19/2008, 12:42 AM
I wonder how much people will care about Mizzou now that their dream season is over and they go back to being Mizzou.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/19/2008, 09:20 AM
I wonder how much people will care about Mizzou now that their dream season is over and they go back to being Mizzou.

They'll be good next year. Now 09 and beyond in a big question mark...

r5TPsooner
3/19/2008, 11:12 AM
After next year they will be K-State like again.

OUster
3/19/2008, 12:36 PM
I had more guns pointed at than most civilians and been at several party-fights when I was a teenager growing up in the early-nineties living in a city that was considered to be "plagued" by streetgangs. I don't say this to brag, not that it is anything to brag about, I only say it to point out that I have a little experience with this type thing. I don't know if I am getting old, erwut'...but Booker is a LINEBACKER...large, athletic, built and in Columbia, Missouri. What kind of problem could he have conceivably faced that he would have to go get his "9" and threaten to come back and "light the place up"? WTF was he thinking? What was so bad? Did the Beta's take too long during their keg stands? Did the wet t-shirt contest include males? What could have possibly happened to have prompted that stupid a reaction? I am getting old, I guess and I just don't understand.

Sooner24
3/19/2008, 12:48 PM
My son played football with him at Ardmore and said he would never have believed Booker would do something like this.

Ardmore_Sooner
3/19/2008, 04:10 PM
I played football with him at Ardmore and would never have believed Booker would do something like this.

;)