PDA

View Full Version : It's raining like that bovine relieving herself on a horizontal mineral formation

Okla-homey
3/18/2008, 08:42 AM
Maybe it'll drown the danged old gophers under my lawn.

speaking of my gopher problem...I here tell from a golf course maintenance jobber I know there are capsules you can drop in gopher holes and when those capsules get wet, they emit gasses that either kill or runnoft the gophers. Any of you genuises ever heard of such a thing? If so, where can a consumer acquire such poison pills?

soonerbrat
3/18/2008, 09:08 AM
never heard of it but it sounds dangerous if you have dogs that like to dig up gophers and/or moles

C&CDean
3/18/2008, 09:11 AM
I use seed that's been soaked in strychnine. You just put a teaspoon or so in the hole/burrow and there you go.

In the pasture, I use the same stuff but you put in in the ground with a gopher machine. It's hooked to the 3-point lift on the tractor and looks kind of like a single bladed disk or plow. As you dig a shallow furrow, seed is deposited underground. Filthy little vermin eat said seed, and die a miserable death. As they deserve.

BigRedJed
3/18/2008, 09:14 AM
Poison peanuts. They work like a champ. Although my pop recommends a Smith and Wesson .38.

C&CDean
3/18/2008, 09:19 AM
Poison peanuts. They work like a champ. Although my pop recommends a Smith and Wesson .38.

Them little suckers are hard to draw a bead on. Especially with a pistol. They never surface for long, and only present about half their punkin for a target. I've shot several with a .22 rifle off the porch, but ain't good enough with a pistol to even consider hitting one that way.

BigRedJed
3/18/2008, 09:27 AM
Some years ago when I was a teenager (OK, probably 25 years ago) my dad came into the house (I was laying on the couch watching TV, of course), and walked back outside with his .38. I was curious, to say the least. About five minutes later I hear a pistol report. Even more curious, I became. He walked back into the house giggling like a little boy, and motioned me to follow him outside.

On the side of the house, he pointed to a gopher hole, with one of those little suckers half out of the hole, with half of his head missing. Dad told me that he had seen the gopher popping up and going back in the hole for a few minues, so he drew a bead on the hole itself, and waited for the little dude to pop out again. BLAMMO! One less gopher.