PDA

View Full Version : OU women: OKC REGIONAL

OUsooner1
3/17/2008, 06:44 PM
Committee places OU as a #4 seed against #13 Illinois St. and sends OSU to New Orleans :D

Defending champion Tennessee is the top seed in the Oklahoma City regional. The Lady Vols' bid for back-to-back national championships begins Sunday against Oral Roberts.

Others in the Oklahoma City regional are No. 8 Utah vs. No. 9 Purdue, No. 5 Notre Dame vs. No. 12 Southern Methodist, No. 4 Oklahoma vs. No. 13 Illinois State, No. 6 Arizona State vs. No. 11 Temple, No. 3 Duke vs. No. 14 Murray State, No. 7 Syracuse vs. No. 10 Hartford and No. 2 Texas A&M vs. No. 15 Texas-San Antonio.

AllAboutThe'O'
3/17/2008, 06:47 PM
Just like the men, I'm shocked that the Sooners got a better seed than what they deserved. I thought they would drop as high as a 5 or as low as a 6. Just have to live up to playing like a top four seed now, and hopefully make it to OKC and face the Lady Vols in a rematch. I bet OSU must be loving the fact that we're in the OKC regional and they're not.

tru2ou
3/17/2008, 07:19 PM
And oSu fans are in full meltdown mode.

Coale is a bitch, sleeps with committee members, etc... And they got mad when OU fans yelled OSU sucks at the bedlam game...

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=50645

- Stay Tru

badger
3/17/2008, 07:30 PM
And oSu fans are in full meltdown mode.

Coale is a bitch, sleeps with committee members, etc... And they got mad when OU fans yelled OSU sucks at the OU-OSU game...

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=50645

- Stay Tru

priceless, but I hope that all Big 12 teams do well, yes, even OSU. I don't understand why they can't feel the same way about Big 12 and in-state teams and such, but whatever.

to be fair, Coale is president of the coach's association or whatever, so MAYBE (and that's a very big maybe) that had some determining factor on tourney placing. Or perhaps, the fact that we have so many damn fans in the stands every game had some determining factor. Before OSU chimes that they sold out their budlam game, that's one game out of the year, guys.

How much you wanna bet that they would be griping if they got a #4 seed in OKC and we got a #3 in Nawlins? "Another screwjob for us and a blowjob for Overrated University, poke poke poke."

jdsooner
3/17/2008, 08:21 PM
Wow, I'm an LSU fan who came on here to see what you guys thought about going to N.O.--you don't think much of it, I can tell. Moreover, I see you do not like OU much, being in-state rivals I can see why. However, reading the rules for posting as I was registering I read this:

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

Now I can understand you are upset about your placement, and you don't like the Sooners, but some of the posts regarding the Paris twins and Sherri Coale certainly violate the rules above. They go beyond reasonable good taste, in fact some are downright vulgar and obscene, and the kicker is that the quote above is by a MODERATOR! Mods are supposed to be enforcing the rules, not breaking them.

I'm sure you think this is none of my business, and I'll go now, wishing you good luck in the tourney--until you play us!

The above quote makes some very good points, even though it was met with derision by angry aggies. The LSU fan was accused of being a Sooner fan in disguise. As I read the comments on this board I quickly realized that they allow a great deal of latitude in choice of language on that board.

orangekaje
3/17/2008, 08:28 PM
The above quote makes some very good points, even though it was met with derision by angry aggies. The LSU fan was accused of being a Sooner fan in disguise.

heh. That guy got banned because he had the same IP as someone who previously registered under an OU screen name. :pop:

jdsooner
3/17/2008, 08:36 PM
heh. That guy got banned because he had the same IP as someone who previously registered under an OU screen name. :pop:

The identity may be questionable, but the accuracy of the post is dead on. The comments being offered by cowboy fans about Sherri Coale, her players, and other school officials are offensive and stupid. I don't mind being called a gooner, but suggesting that oral sex was offered to secure the OKC regional is way out of bounds.

Salt City Sooner
3/17/2008, 08:48 PM
I wonder if any of those blooming ijimuts realize that OU will probably have to beat Notre Dame in a game that's less than 2 1/2 hours away from ND's campus just to GET to OKC. Can anybody say Blue & Gold home game? The committee didn't exactly bend over backwards for Coale & co.

Big Red Ron
3/17/2008, 09:01 PM
Wow, I'm an LSU fan who came on here to see what you guys thought about going to N.O.--you don't think much of it, I can tell. Moreover, I see you do not like OU much, being in-state rivals I can see why. However, reading the rules for posting as I was registering I read this:

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

Now I can understand you are upset about your placement, and you don't like the Sooners, but some of the posts regarding the Paris twins and Sherri Coale certainly violate the rules above. They go beyond reasonable good taste, in fact some are downright vulgar and obscene, and the kicker is that the quote above is by a MODERATOR! Mods are supposed to be enforcing the rules, not breaking them.

I'm sure you think this is none of my business, and I'll go now, wishing you good luck in the tourney--until you play us!
:D

Big Red Ron
3/17/2008, 09:07 PM
Sherri (Dallas, Tx): I'm sure your aware of the fact that Oklahoma State fans are upset with you and your committee. How come OSU did not get the OKC regional and A&M get pushed to New Orleans which would be more of an advantage for both schools?

Judy Southard: (9:51 PM ET ) First of all, A+M has not been pushed to New Orleans, they're in OKC. We have a principle to separate teams that can not match up until the regional championship. When OSU came up, the closest site was OKC. In order to send OK State there, that would have been a violation of our principles. Because they were the lower seed, we had to send them to a different region.

tulsaoilerfan
3/17/2008, 09:34 PM
I think that's pretty damn funny right there

Big Red Ron
3/17/2008, 10:33 PM
Welcome to the bigtime cowgirl bandwagoners.

bri
3/17/2008, 10:40 PM
There's probably no explaining to those mouth-breathers that in the world of women's college basketball, you have to earn the kind of respect that gets you a "home" regional. And it takes more than one decent year, too. How many times did our team get shipped out to BFE, West Region and hosed on seeding when we first began to make our run to the next level?

Big Red Ron
3/17/2008, 10:44 PM
There's probably no explaining to those mouth-breathers that in the world of women's college basketball, you have to earn the kind of respect that gets you a "home" regional. And it takes more than one decent year, too. How many times did our team get shipped out to BFE, West Region and hosed on seeding when we first began to make our run to the next level?
It's a little but like Georgia bitching about Duke's seeding and placement in the men's.

bri
3/17/2008, 10:53 PM
Not really; Georgia won their conference. :D

Big Red Ron
3/17/2008, 10:57 PM
Not really; Georgia won their conference. :D
lol, then maybe Chattanooga B!tching about Tennessee. ;)

bri
3/17/2008, 11:03 PM
I had half a mind to register and post over there to make fun of them (since half a mind would still make me the smartest man in the history of aggy board), but I'm still hurt over the time they banned my "Brent Parker's Hands" handle. :D

wishbonesooner
3/18/2008, 04:53 AM
The pukes have hit an all time low, and that's saying a lot for them. There's no reasoning with that sloped forehead bunch. They'll probably fold like a house of cards anyway.

princetonsooner
3/18/2008, 07:58 AM
The people over at OSU have never had any success therefore they can't handle it.It's kind of sad but I hope it stays that way!

tulsaoilerfan
3/18/2008, 08:11 AM
The people over at OSU have never had any success therefore they can't handle it.It's kind of sad but I hope it stays that way!

but what about all those 'rassling and golf titles we won?:D

bri
3/18/2008, 12:36 PM
aggy is an absolute disgrace. Between all the hateful crap they're spewing over this, their beloved drunk-driving former coach, the seemingly endless line of criminals they've embraced in the hopes of "competing" ("...'felon' doesn't bother me", anyone?), on and on and on...they're just a total embarrassment to the state and the conference. They bring NOTHING to the table.

tulsaoilerfan
3/18/2008, 12:58 PM
aggy has no one but themselves to blame for this seed; IF they would nut up and play anyone decent outside the conference then they might have a leg to stand on; OU has 2 quality OOC wins and played Tennessee very close while aggy played east popcorn state 10x

wishbonesooner
3/18/2008, 01:28 PM
They were 0-16 in conference TWO years ago. They have one decent season, and they act like they should get to choose their regional. They have no tradition, lousy attendance at home games, ZERO players with NCAA tourney experience, and they have the nerve to accuse Sherri Coale of buying her way to OKC. I'd rather have my grandchildren tell me they want to be Democrats than to tell me they want to go to OSU.

TopDawg
3/18/2008, 03:35 PM
Sherri (Dallas, Tx): I'm sure your aware of the fact that Oklahoma State fans are upset with you and your committee. How come OSU did not get the OKC regional and A&M get pushed to New Orleans which would be more of an advantage for both schools?

Heh. I love that phrase.

badger
3/18/2008, 04:31 PM
I am very excited for the teams. here is a schej, in case any are interested:
---
8 p.m. tonight (Tuesday): OSU men's NIT vs. Southern Illinois (Salukis!)
8 p.m. Wednesday: Tulsa CBI vs. Miami (Ohio)
2 p.m. Thursday: Oral Roberts men's NCAA first round vs. Pittsburg (time estimate)
6:10 p.m. Friday: OU men's NCAA first round vs. St. Joes (time estimate)
7 p.m. Saturday: OSU women face oh so much adversity from unfair seeding and destination site that is NOT named Oklahoma City, whine whine whine ;)
11 a.m. Sunday: OU women's NCAA first round vs. Illinois State
8:30 p.m. Sunday: ORU women vs. Tennessee
---

If you care, OSU plays East Tennessee State, but based on this thread, my description is probably more fun!

The team expressed disappointment about not having the chance to be in OKC for the final few rounds, but hey, we all remember what happened to OU a few years ago when they had the chance to play for the Final Four in Norman (D@MN YOU STANFORD! D@MN YOU!!!!) so I think the pokes might be counting chickens before they're hatched and stuff.

We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves either, knowing full well what has happened in past years and just last week. WIN NOW, WORRY ABOUT LATER... LATER!

GrapevineSooner
3/18/2008, 04:35 PM
I had half a mind to register and post over there to make fun of them (since half a mind would still make me the smartest man in the history of aggy board), but I'm still hurt over the time they banned my "Brent Parker's Hands" handle. :D

I thought it was "Brent Parker's Drop" that they banned. :D

badger
3/18/2008, 04:39 PM

They got annoyed with some Jenni Carlson stuff I did, so I decided it wasn't that much fun over there, so I stopped going.

bri
3/18/2008, 05:16 PM

Oh yeah, that's the one. I couldn't remember exactly what it was. I just know that the field was too short for "Brent Parker's Skillets". :D

thedeanisin
3/25/2008, 03:19 PM
Notre Dame will be a tough one tonight. Go ladies!

bri
3/25/2008, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I'm kind of nervous for this game. The entire team is gonna have to play well tonight, not just everyone named "Paris". :D

sooneron
3/25/2008, 08:29 PM
Why register over at an orange aggy site? YOu might as well go to the zoo and eat and fling poo like the other simians.

KingBarry
3/26/2008, 08:35 AM
I'd rather have my grandchildren tell me they want to be Democrats than to tell me they want to go to OSU.

Egads, that's a nightmare either way.