PDA

View Full Version : WAYEOSPD?

StoopTroup
3/17/2008, 03:19 PM
What are you eating on Saint Patricks Day?

I just had me a Corn Beef Sammie. :D

:pop:

C&CDean
3/17/2008, 03:31 PM
I had a salad with:

spinach, lettuce, cabbage, carrots, celery, brocolli, cauliflower, mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, chick peas, egg, kidney beans, jalapenos, sunflower seeds, chicken, tuna, all covered with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

And tonight I'm going to drink some Austalian wine and some Canadian whisky. **** St. Patrick.

King Crimson
3/17/2008, 03:36 PM
breakfast burrito, Kronenbourg beer (it was on sale). spinach salad and a carrot. banana and yogurt smoothie with ginger.

i don't really do TV holidays.

C&CDean
3/17/2008, 03:40 PM
In all honesty, I love the Irish. When I travel, I always seek out little out-of-the-way Irish pubs or pubs like that. I have a goal to spend a week or two in Ireland doing a pub tour. I like Irish whisky, Irish beer, and Irish food. I like that Irish dancing dealio too, but it gets old after about 5 minutes or so.

StoopTroup
3/17/2008, 04:13 PM
In all honesty, I love the Irish. When I travel, I always seek out little out-of-the-way Irish pubs or pubs like that. I have a goal to spend a week or two in Ireland doing a pub tour. I like Irish whisky, Irish beer, and Irish food. I like that Irish dancing dealio too, but it gets old after about 5 minutes or so.

Dean...

My Dad and I did a 16 day tour from Shamrock to Limerick, Galway Bay, Connemarre Marble Mine, Sligo, A tour of the Belleek Pottery Factory, Dublin, Waterford and the crystal factory, Cork, Killarney, Tralee, The Ring of Kerry, The Blarney Stone, Dirty Nellie Bar, Numerous Castles.

The only thing I would have done different was make sure the Tour Bus we travel in by Day had a Toilet. We had to stop for close calls way to much. By mid trip we were carefully timing the next stop between pubs.

I also slid down this very wet grassy slope at the Cliffs of Mohre. I wash my jeans in the tub that night and they were still wet when we got back to the US. It was to hard to take them to the cleaners as you were buggin out to a different destination each day.

It was one of the best trips I ever went on.

You'd love it.

ST

Osce0la
3/17/2008, 04:13 PM
I just finished a Baby Ruth...and I had a spicy chicken sammich for lunch...

StoopTroup
3/17/2008, 04:15 PM
BTW....

I was near this place when I slid down the wet grass.

The good thing was I slid away from the cliffs as it's a 700 foot drop to the Ocean.

http://www.tinyelvis.com/photos/CliffsOfMoher.jpg

KC//CRIMSON
3/17/2008, 04:17 PM

Enjoy all the brew and whiskey you can, cause their national cusine is pretty much *ss.

shaun4411
3/17/2008, 04:20 PM
i realized that on st pattys day last year i was in paris. the year before in scotland, and the year before in ireland. and ive come to several conclusions: the french dont care(and dont matter), the scottish use it as an excellent reason to get completely and unabashedly drunk, and the irish actually consider this a holiday and are deemed failures if they dont fall over in an alcohol induced blackout. all of this being a requisite to me saying that historically, on this day, i have eaten little, and drank much.

i wonder how many drunk irishmen are carousing the streets of dublin RIGHT NOW

C&CDean
3/17/2008, 04:27 PM
Enjoy all the brew and whiskey you can, cause their national cusine is pretty much *ss.

Hush your face. I won't do haggis, but most of the Irish food I've eaten is pretty damn good. Bangers and mash? Stew? Shepherd's Pie? Are you kidding me?

King Crimson
3/17/2008, 04:41 PM
they ought to play the Open Championship in Ireland. Royal County Down, Ballybunion, and Portrush are all links "worthy". but, politics is the reason.

some strides have been made with the Senior Open played at Portrush a couple years ago, but overall it's hogwash. the R&A is scuffling.

NormanPride
3/17/2008, 04:43 PM
Good Irish food is hard to beat. A lot of American comfort food was inspired by it.

olevetonahill
3/17/2008, 04:51 PM

Screw all that
I want the Irish Ladies ;)

olevetonahill
3/17/2008, 04:53 PM
I had a Natty Sammich.
I fixed it Myself ;)

TUSooner
3/17/2008, 05:07 PM
Screw all that
I want the Irish Ladies ;)

You'd be lucky to get bangers and mash. :rolleyes:

TUSooner
3/17/2008, 05:15 PM
At the St. Pat's parades in New Orleans the float riders throw cabbages, carrots and potatoes to the crowd. Mrs TU got 3 big cabbages.
1 is in giant tub of her totally binching coleslaw, and
1 is going in Sister Marlene's (she's a nun where my wife works) cabbage roll casserole with ground beef and sausage and other good stuff for dinner tonite. It may be the best cabbage dish ever.
The 3rd cabbage.... TBD, maybe just wilted down with some bacon, andouille, and onions and stuff later in the week. simple & good. Or maybe it'll ber that recipe for cabbage and pasta and sausage that came from the old SO "cookbook" from a few years ago.

KC//CRIMSON
3/17/2008, 06:48 PM
scratch

KC//CRIMSON
3/17/2008, 06:50 PM
Good Irish food is hard to beat. A lot of American comfort food was inspired by it.

Irish food is one of the dullest foods out there. Saying American comfort food was inspired by anything from Ireland is not true.

Cocannon and Irish stew which is basically cabbage and bacon are the trump card for the poor and home staple for most.

Trust me, Ireland is not known for their food.

Soonrboy
3/17/2008, 06:58 PM
My wife and kids are in Hot Springs and went to the world's shortest (in length) St. patrick's day parade. The guy from Discovery channels "dirtiest jobs" was the marshall.

I had to go a funeral.