PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how many NCAA Tournament teams we've beaten?

Big Red Ron
3/16/2008, 08:28 PM
I was thinking about who the highest seed we beat this year was and couldn't think of it.

Also, 4 of our 11 losses came to KU and UT.

Salt City Sooner
3/16/2008, 08:31 PM
5 (6 games total due to sweeping BU). BU, WVU, A&M, Arky, & the zags.

Big Red Ron
3/16/2008, 08:37 PM
Wow, so we're seeded higher than anyone we've beaten this year.

stoopified
3/16/2008, 08:42 PM
Cool,Capel and the boys getting some love.I think it is funny considering many EXPERTS had dropped us fom #7 to 8-9.

LRoss
3/16/2008, 08:43 PM
Oops.

Eielson
3/16/2008, 09:01 PM
Wow, so we're seeded higher than anyone we've beaten this year.

I'm betting the same could be said for most of the teams in the tournament.

Big Red Ron
3/16/2008, 09:03 PM
I'm betting the same could be said for most of the teams in the tournament.
But most of them didn't start the season where we were at.

SleestakSooner
3/16/2008, 09:21 PM
5 (6 games total due to sweeping BU). BU, WVU, A&M, Arky, & the zags.

Don't forget about Mount St. Mary's!

Yep, of those I believe WVU had the highest RPI and ranking in the polls. Both WVU and the Zags got 7th seeds and Arkie got a 9th seed.

Of the teams that beat OU this season only three of the nine did not make it into the dance, NU, CU and SFA (who should have gone but lost in the semi-finals of the Southland Conference tournament).

The Sooners lost by ten to one seed Memphis and at six seed USC (Memphis in NYC).

SFA came to Norman and won by 4. OU followed this embarrassment by sweeping five games in a row against four teams that would eventually make the big dance and Rice. Arkansas, Gonzaga, West Virginia and Mt. St. Mary's all lost to OU by two or more shots.

Then Big XII play began and the state of Kansas swept the Sooners to start 0-2. After an awful start OU managed to climb back into contention, sweeping three of their South Division rivals and splitting with aTm.

This team may not have what it takes to win the whole thing, but the Sooners definitely belong in the dance and if they can finally manage to win a game they aren't supposed to, they might go far in this year's tourney.

Oh and good luck in the NIT OSU...