3/16/2008, 07:08 PM
Laughing in the background of "Lunatic" - Pink Floyd

Big Red Ron
3/16/2008, 07:08 PM
Change and money counter in the background of "Money" - Pink Floyd

VeeJay
3/16/2008, 07:09 PM
You can never have enough cowbell.

Didn't they have an abundance of that in Nazareth's "Now You're Messing With A Son of a Bitch?"

OUbones
3/16/2008, 07:11 PM
The riff in Radiohead "Creep".

VeeJay
3/16/2008, 07:13 PM
Change and money counter in the background of "Money" - Pink Floyd

"The Wall" could polish this one off. Such as Gomer Pyles's "Surprise Surprise Surprise" in Pink Floyd's "Nobody Home."

StoopTroup
3/16/2008, 07:48 PM
The bombs dropping and Air Raid Sirens in Blue Oyster Cults "ME262".

Big Red Ron
3/16/2008, 07:48 PM
Godzilla & Mexican Radio

King Crimson
3/16/2008, 08:03 PM
You can never have enough cowbell.

Didn't they have an abundance of that in Nazareth's "Now You're Messing With A Son of a Bitch?"

Hair of the Dog starts off with some wicked cowbell, as does Mountain's Mississippi Queen. the former is the superior song.

there's a triangle chime in Roy Orbison's "It's Over" that is David Lynch-esque.

StoopTroup
3/16/2008, 08:57 PM
The skidding car crash and screams at the "Hot for Teacher" Van Halen video are classic as well as the teacher (Ms. PHYS. ED) :D and her catwalk.

King Crimson
3/16/2008, 09:01 PM
probably one of the originals is Leader of the Pack....with the motorcycle skidding and the super all-time creepy "wall of sound" monster chord that signifies the L of the P's death and the resumption of the "melody".

really beautiful but also kinda sick.

StoopTroup
3/16/2008, 09:12 PM
Eddie chopping on the tube in "And the cradle will rock" was a cool sound....

What wasn't cool was DLR's shoes....

cEeqS7CfRMc&feature=related

royalfan5
3/16/2008, 09:39 PM
No love for Jackyl's chainsaw?

Collier11
3/16/2008, 09:46 PM
the riff in stinkfist by tool, the piano in clocks by coldplay, the beat in wild thing by ton loc :)

StoopTroup
3/16/2008, 09:48 PM
No love for Jackyl's chainsaw?

Didn't Jesse James Dupree eventually chainsaw himself by accident?

rlwQwMrOD98

King Crimson
3/16/2008, 09:53 PM
Johnny Marr running a butter knife over his E string to open How Soon is Now?

so he says. i read an interesting interview with JM many years ago where he says he couldn't remember how he did it exactly with the amps and such.....true or not, dunno.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K2NrIALcNOw

edit: the vid kind of sucks but you can't turn that sound up loud enough. it's great. you can't exhaust it.

WILBURJIM
3/16/2008, 10:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlgE5TKXWsA

King Crimson
3/16/2008, 10:06 PM
the Who: Eminence Front....opens great, too.

"it's a put-on!".

they miss the backup vocals once in the song. i only know this because i lived in a house in 1991 with the great Tim Marchant, aka Soapy Noodles. and we used to rock that on on his magnificent Klipsch speakers.

8 years, one CU undergrad degree=Tim Marchant.

StoopTroup
3/16/2008, 10:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlgE5TKXWsA

LMAO....spek

Ike
3/17/2008, 08:34 AM
This seems like the only thread where Peter Frampton seems appropriate.

OKC-SLC
3/17/2008, 09:12 AM
Jimmy Page in just about anything. But particular to this topic Dazed and Confused.

85Sooner
3/17/2008, 10:05 AM
Mick Jagger singing backup on Carly Simon "your so vain"

soonerbrat
3/17/2008, 12:38 PM
horrified screaming in the original "Love Rollercoaster"

SoonerAtKU
3/17/2008, 02:25 PM
so he says. i read an interesting interview with JM many years ago where he says he couldn't remember how he did it exactly with the amps and such.....true or not, dunno.

I remember hearing that this was before you could do awesome compression effects in an amp, so they actually had the amp speaker rotating in front of a mic to get the in/out effect. Could just be an urban legend, but it's a cool idea.

SoonerJack
3/17/2008, 02:58 PM
the Who: Eminence Front....opens great, too.

That IS a great intro. I think I've seen it used at NBA games as player intros are about to take place...complete with cheerleaders, dance teams, and moneymakershakers. Did I mention cheerleaders? oh, yes. I already did.:D

KRYPTON
3/17/2008, 02:58 PM
The winding-up reels at the beginning of "The Grudge" by Tool.

The "uh-uh-uh AHH AHH AHH" very faintly in the background noise just before the beginning of "Turn It On Again" by Genesis, which was DELETED in the new 5.1 mixes.

Christopher Parkening's obstructed nostrils hissing on those classical guitar recordings where they had him mic'ed up close. Actually that's not a cool sound, it's farking gross, especially when he throws an "expressive" quiet moan in there.

KRYPTON
3/17/2008, 03:01 PM
AHH - nearly forgot one.

Right after the scale run near the beginning of YYZ, on the "Exit... Stage Left" version, some guy in the crowd yells "GO! GEDDaaaahhhhh!" in perfect rhythm.

KC//CRIMSON
3/17/2008, 04:31 PM
Eddie chopping on the tube in "And the cradle will rock" was a cool sound....

The song's distinctive intro is a heavily phased Wurlitzer electric piano which was run through Van Halen's 1969 100-watt Marshall Plexi amplifier.:cool:

King Crimson
3/17/2008, 05:01 PM
That IS a great intro. I think I've seen it used at NBA games as player intros are about to take place...complete with cheerleaders, dance teams, and moneymakershakers. Did I mention cheerleaders? oh, yes. I already did.:D

pretty "epic" opening, appropriate for what people associate with televised sports events. the articulation of "cultural meanings"...such that hot chicks with plastic boobs need be on "dance teams".

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BJX4Cjxw-QE

Pete's opening solo is pretty nifty, sorta like Sparks on Tommy. and God Rest yer Soul Moose. One of the all-time Rock basers.

sun shines, people forget.

King Crimson
3/17/2008, 05:12 PM
god bless the Who

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i0XknwXqLDo

tbl
3/17/2008, 10:25 PM
Pretty much every song on OK Computer, but most notably the outro on "Let Down" and almost all of "Paranoid Android". Radiohead and Nigel Godrich at their finest...

tbl
3/17/2008, 10:27 PM
The horse neighing on "Back in the Saddle".

The backward vocal on "Rain".

Any backward guitar solo... "I'm only sleeping", "Are you experienced", "Castles made of sand" stick out to me...

King Crimson
3/17/2008, 11:04 PM
Pretty much every song on OK Computer, but most notably the outro on "Let Down" and almost all of "Paranoid Android". Radiohead and Nigel Godrich at their finest...

i'm a big fan of Let Down.

AllAboutThe'O'
3/18/2008, 02:02 AM
How about the muskrats "going at it" during the interlude of the Captain and Tenille's version of "Muskrat Love?"